PDA

View Full Version : What about Vernon?

BULLDOG02
10-08-2001, 07:21 PM
vernon

[This message has been edited by BULLDOG02 (edited November 17, 2001).]

Matthew328
10-09-2001, 10:17 PM
I think you may get your wish...but I think Vernon is a lot better than the team Wylie smashed in Rd 1....that being said I'd still pick Wylie but it wouldn't surprise me if Wylie got a battle

Adidas410s
10-09-2001, 10:29 PM
In case you dont know the history of the Wylie and Vernon rivalry, it has seen some great play, and not just in football. I know that when we played Vernon in 97 and 98, all we heard from them was about the RB named Ricks (I believe that was his name). He kicked the butt of a lot of good quality football teams. Dont be cocky. Please dont start trying to make the Wylie football team out to be a bunch of cocky players because anybody that truly knows how these guy conduct themselves on the field knows that, for the most part, they are good guys.

coolguycody_c
10-12-2001, 10:15 PM
Thanks Adidas... Vernon finally has a quarterback who won't hurt them, their running back is a whole lot better than last year, and their defense is killing the competition. It is only when the second string goes in that teams score thew most points. Vernon has defeated several tough teams so far this season and is looking good. They held Gainesville to 70 yards total offense, and Gainesville is state ranked. Don't count the Lions out, Wylie! Just remember back to the time when Vernon beat the crap out of Wylie by 40-something points in the "Snow Bowl".

coolguycody_c
10-12-2001, 10:17 PM
Oh, Adidas, his name is Chedrick Ricks. He plays for Baylor now.

Adidas410s
10-13-2001, 06:49 PM
The "Snow Bowl!!!" That was a classic. It was terrible sitting on the visiter's side since the snow blew in our face all game. I think that I remember the score as 35-0. However I could be wrong. I have been known to be on occasion.

coolguycody_c
10-13-2001, 11:41 PM
That game was particularly fun for me because I went to Wylie until the 4th grade then moved to Vernon, so I had friends on both sides. I was in Junior high at the time of that game, so as most junior high kids, I didn't pay much attention to it. Great fun though!

Originally posted by Adidas410s:
The "Snow Bowl!!!" That was a classic. It was terrible sitting on the visiter's side since the snow blew in our face all game. I think that I remember the score as 35-0. However I could be wrong. I have been known to be on occasion.

fury900
10-14-2001, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by coolguycody_c:
Thanks Adidas... Vernon finally has a quarterback who won't hurt them, their running back is a whole lot better than last year, and their defense is killing the competition. It is only when the second string goes in that teams score thew most points. Vernon has defeated several tough teams so far this season and is looking good. They held Gainesville to 70 yards total offense, and Gainesville is state ranked. Don't count the Lions out, Wylie! Just remember back to the time when Vernon beat the crap out of Wylie by 40-something points in the "Snow Bowl".Vernon finally has a quarterback that can run & passes in QB Cody Chandler & has 2 good RB in Bernard Scott Jr. & Sr. Termayne Willie FB & good WR

whsfan
10-14-2001, 02:42 PM
Nobody is counting out the Vernon team. There have been several good battles between these two teams. We really want another shot at you guys. After all we would like the oppurtunity to "beat the crap out of" the Coach Portwood's team again like last year. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that would make three spankins in a row. Had enough?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fury900:
Don't count the Lions out, Wylie! Just remember back to the time when Vernon beat the crap out of Wylie by 40-something points in the "Snow Bowl

fury900
10-18-2001, 09:30 AM
1997 "Snow Bowl" was
Vernon 34 Abilene Wylie 0
See you In week 11

[This message has been edited by fury900 (edited October 18, 2001).]

Mustang45
10-18-2001, 02:11 PM
sweetwater will knock wylie and vernon out of the playoffs. we have the team to do it, i play hard the hole game and some of my friends do too. that is what it takes to win state titles.

Adidas410s
10-18-2001, 02:23 PM
Sweetwater wont even get the chance to play Wylie or Vernon. Since Wylie is bigger, they will go Div 1 and Sweetwater Div 2. Vernon is the biggest school in their district and will go Div 1 as well.

coolguycody_c
10-18-2001, 08:33 PM
You play hard the "hole" game and "some" of your friends do too? That sounds like a great way to tell someone what's up....

fury900
10-23-2001, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by mustang45:
sweetwater will knock wylie and vernon out of the playoffs. we have the team to do it, i play hard the hole game and some of my friends do too. that is what it takes to win state titles.

sweetwater is going to D2 & wylie and vernon go to D1 in the playoffs. so sweetwater but you can git the UIL let you come to D1 so you can knock wylie and vernon out of the playoffs.He He

[This message has been edited by fury900 (edited October 23, 2001).]