PDA

View Full Version : 32-9 homecoming win over Fairfield puts Marlin alone at top of district

dutchman
10-19-2005, 05:11 AM
From the Marlin Democrat:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1253/sports059bs.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sports059bs.jpg)

32-9 homecoming win over Fairfield puts Marlin alone at top of the District (http://www.marlindemocrat.com/articles/2005/10/18/news/sports/sports01.txt)

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Marlin is a good team, but I am disappointed because my uncle coaches for Fairfield.

theyoefnshow
10-19-2005, 08:58 AM
now if only Marlin could find themselves in a district that would actually provide them a CHALLENGE w/ solid 3A teams....

spur-that-mule
10-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I guess since the comment has been made.....lets see....was Cameron not in Marlin's district for several years, and it seems to be that the record is now 8 years and 2 wins without a loss in any district.....that seems to have goen thru 4 re-alignments? Nice try, plus can anyone remember the last score between Marling and Cameron? I am sure that is out there somewhere in the record books!:thinking:

c-town_balla
10-19-2005, 11:39 AM
O Wow let's bring up the worst team in Cameron history :mad: :mad:

dutchman
10-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Glad to have you on the board, spur-that-mule. Always nice to have another Marlin poster!:cool:

spur-that-mule
10-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Worst team in Cameron history? Last time I checked, re-alignment was every 2 years........so that meant 2 losses for Cameron at least...and as far as the WEAK district, Marlin has 2/5 teams with winning record on the season......and Cameron is in a district that has 3/8 with a winning record.....that means Marlins district winning is 40%, and Cameron is 38%....anything else since Cameron is having a good year..........just remember, Rome was not built in a day......and neither was a 8 year district undefeated record!

mwynn05
10-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Marlin is a good team, but I am disappointed because my uncle coaches for Fairfield. im pretty sure I know which coach...I dont think you will be disappointedin his basketball team...Marlin is clearly the best team in the district and Fairfield likely clinches a playoff spot if they beat Mexia or Madisonville. i think it will go marlin fairfield groesbeck with groesbeck being the D1 team

theyoefnshow
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
say what you will but if you put Cameron, Hutto, Giddings, Rockdale and probably even Caldwell in that same district, those teams that are in w/ Marlin now would not have the same records. As for the records, these teams that are 2-5 only had 3 pre district games and have Caldwell has already played Giddings & Hutto as has Rockdale. All I'm saying is that the competition Marlin has is not much. Yes Cameron lost what was it? SEVENTY to seven right? Yeah, we got stomped. That's great. We also went 1-9 that year so I doubt it'd happen again. That's like Cameron bragging about beating Smithville 70-0. Nothing to really write home about. The other time Marlin won in OT by one point in the 4th round of playoffs. Not exactly domination but it was an excellent game. Then again that's just my opinion.

spur-that-mule
10-20-2005, 07:27 AM
I respect a good conversation, and that has been seen on here by people of Marlin and Cameron...........I think we can honestly say, that we all want to see these 2 schools go deep into the play-offs. Best of luck to you guys from Cameron.....and good luck this week against Giddings.

lostaussie
10-20-2005, 09:38 AM
8 years of not losing a district game is strong. gilmer has not lost one since 1999 i think, so that is five years. 8 years and counting is something to be very proud of no matter who you are playing. congratulations.