PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite stadium for playoffs...

KTJ
10-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Playoffs are just around the corner. What is your favorite playoff stadium?

1.) Pennington Field in Bedford (just seems traditional for Gainesville to play 1-2 playoff games there.)
2.) Texas Stadium
3.) Max Goldsmith in Lewisville (see Pennington Field.)
4.) Standridge Stadium in Carrollton
5.) Denton ISD Athletic Complex--I rank this 5th because I've never been to a game there. But I'm sure Gainesville will use it a lot in the coming years.

NateDawg39
10-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Dragon Stadium in South Lake...Perfect for my Decatur Eagles!!we play there at least once every year and 2 times last year.

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Sinton can call Victoria Memorial Stadium home every now and then...

HighSchool Fan
10-19-2005, 05:47 AM
Birdville Fine Arts Complex

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Dripping Springs has good concessions, but the visitors side is a little small for our crowd.

New Braunfels Cougar stadium is very nice.

My least favorite is Matador Stadium in Seguin. :(

Rainman
10-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl

Ranger Mom
10-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl

I agree with that one.

Midland's Grande is nice and I thought the Cowboy Stadium in Coppel was nice too!

rhs78
10-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Roundrock ISD Complex is great.

jakarta101
10-19-2005, 08:51 AM
SLC

pirate4state
10-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Sinton can call Victoria Memorial Stadium home every now and then... yep, yep!! :thumbsup:

DaHop72
10-19-2005, 08:53 AM
SWEETWATER MUSTANG BOWL!!.
Sure was better when the team came down the old ramp, something about the sounds of those cleats on that ramp.

Phil C
10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Actually for Sinton and anyone the best one would be Javelina
Stadium in Kingsville. The stadium is great and large enough and plenty of parking. Plus if you need to stay there are lots of hotels there and if they are full Corpus Christi hotels are less than an hour away. It is far better than Memorial Stadium or Cabenes Field in Corpus Christ where the stadiums are good but the available parking is sorry. All State Championship games and semis should be played in Kingsville because the odds of having better weather in the winter are higher too.

chaingang
10-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Bowers in Huntsville(SHSU). Also like SFA's stadium. I played at both and there somewhat the same.

scrub c
10-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Like Galena Park, good everything...

also enjoyed RICE now that is one BIG stadium...

Black_Magic
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Midland Grand communications.
Lowry Field in Lubbock Good but only holds 9,000
San Angelo Stadium nice and holds 18,000+
Shotwell statium in Abilene is good.
Big Spring - Large Grass field stadium and holds over 11,000. nice one:D

Ranger Mom
10-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

LOL!

Adidas410s
10-19-2005, 09:29 AM

lol...this list cracks me up. Grande Comm is the only one that I would include out of those 5. The others are stadiums that have been falling apart for years but instead of replacing them the districts put in a little bit of money here and there...

JasperDog94
10-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
Bowers in Huntsville(SHSU). Also like SFA's stadium. I played at both and there somewhat the same. Ditto for me. I really like SHSU's because it's only an hour away.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
Roundrock ISD Complex is great.

Yes, it is! And thanks for the reminder. :)

garageoffice
10-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Birdville Fine Arts Complex

Agreed, HighSchool Fan. That's a great venue!

Black & Gold
10-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Grande is really nice. Have to say it would be my favorite.

BMOC
10-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Grande Comm in Midland...nicest stadium in West Texas.
Texas Stadium - if you're playing there, you're doing pretty good.

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 11:11 AM
well i played for cuero last year and i loved when we played at round rock it is pretty cool....and the locker rooms are really nice

RMAC
10-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Denton and Waco ISD's both have very fine stadiums.

PHS Wildcats
10-19-2005, 11:49 AM
In East Teaxs,

1. TMF Rose stadium
2. SFA
3. Longview
4. Palestine

Adidas410s
10-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Denton and Waco ISD's both have very fine stadiums.

Just watch out for the KGB of a security team at Waco. You even think about considering to think about getting out of line there...and WHAMY...you're gone!

Ranger Mom
10-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Just watch out for the KGB of a security team at Waco. You even think about considering to think about getting out of line there...and WHAMY...you're gone!

Aint that the truth. I wouldn't even try to plan a M&G if someone was playing there...unless you just all plan to sit together. You can't leave the stadium unless you wanna pay to get back in and you can't meet halfway anywhere to M&G with someone sitting on the other side!:tongue: :tongue:

It was a nice field, but the rules were so strict, I don't care to ever go there again!

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 12:14 PM
i would say...shotwell is nice...midland grande is nice...ratliff isn't bad and of course our bowl holds a bunch of games come playoff time......................i hate big spring....what a rathole!!!...of course i would say that though..haha

SpreadtheRed
10-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Mustang Bowl in sweetwater.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2005, 12:24 PM
The BEST place to play a playoff game would in my opinion be Texas Stadium. I know when Vernon went to the Semi Finals two years ago all the players were hoping to get a game in Texas Stadium. I further think that Vernon had agreed with one team to play the game in the Stadium should both teams had won. Didn't happen for Vernon.

The Mustang Bowl is a good Stadium to play in.
I played twice at Pennington Field (Regular Season Games at Arlington Martin) and it is also nice.
I went to Dragon Stadium last year and saw Decatur play Gainseville. It is nice also.
The Birdville ISD has a very good field with big screen replay. Vernon played there twice.

So many good fields.

Dogman_1969
10-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Waco ISD is the best. My reasoning is that on a cold windy night if your lucky enough to get the home side the wind is blocked by the concrete stands. All in all it is an excellent Stadium.

Keith7
10-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Playoffs are just around the corner. What is your favorite playoff stadium?

1.) Pennington Field in Bedford (just seems traditional for Gainesville to play 1-2 playoff games there.)
3.) Max Goldsmith in Lewisville (see Pennington Field.)
4.) Standridge Stadium in Carrollton

We have had WAY more playoff games in Standridge over the last few years then either of those 2 places u have a head of it

Gobbla2001
10-19-2005, 12:42 PM
The Rock-Pile in San Antonio (Alamo STADIUM)... love that place...

But at Baylor we did the meet and greet near the press-boxes behind whichever endzone it was... no one was there, lots of room, even snuck in a smoke or two ha...

pirate44
10-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Actually for Sinton and anyone the best one would be Javelina
Stadium in Kingsville. The stadium is great and large enough and plenty of parking. Plus if you need to stay there are lots of hotels there and if they are full Corpus Christi hotels are less than an hour away. It is far better than Memorial Stadium or Cabenes Field in Corpus Christ where the stadiums are good but the available parking is sorry. All State Championship games and semis should be played in Kingsville because the odds of having better weather in the winter are higher too.
definately Javelina Stadium:thumbsup:

Steer Fever
10-19-2005, 01:01 PM
never played in Texas Stadium but if we do im sure that will be my new fav... For now its denton stadium.

Go Steers!
http://www.grahamisd.com/highschool/Sports/Football/steer.jpghttp://www.grahamisd.com/highschool/Sports/Football/%20GHS%20V%208x10.jpghttp://www.grahamisd.com/highschool/Sports/Football/steer.jpg

lostaussie
10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Birdville Fine Arts Complex this is a really nice place. personally i like sfa. good memories there.

lostaussie
10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
never played in Texas Stadium but if we do im sure that will be my new fav... .

i found that it is not what it is cracked up to be. maybe it was because we were the last of 3 games. i would imagine the kids liked it though. snyder probably didn't.

SintonFan
10-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The Rock-Pile in San Antonio (Alamo STADIUM)... love that place...
Yeah, Alamo Stadium is sweet. Feels like your in a big fish bowl. Heck, you can go to the Zoo right down the road after a day game. Unfortunately, I think Sinton hasn't won a game there.
Bobcat stadium in San Marcos is a good playoff venue. Sinton-Burnet had the 7th largest crowd ever there in '02.:)

lobo12
10-19-2005, 02:33 PM
im not much for grande haha, but my favorite was ratliff, when it had the old turf.....sort of hurt but sure was fun to play on

AJ_2005
10-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I like the La Joya stadium myself, plenty of room reserved seats and a huge display screen....can't beat it

Mustangpride09
10-19-2005, 07:35 PM

you would say big spring wouldnt you

crabman
10-19-2005, 08:42 PM
I like Baylor's stadium because if you are playing there, there is a good chance you are playing for the state championship. :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 08:56 PM
i also liked playing in Alamo Stadium... although my HS Career came to an end there... i've been back once... and left after about 5 minutes...

LHMom
10-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Favorite: "The Palace" - Round Rock ISD

Agree with LH Panther Mom - don't ever want to play again in Seguin.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood. They've made renovations to the stadium and has made it really nice. Also, Shotwell Stadium in Abilene, there has been some renovations made there also.

KTJ
10-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
We have had WAY more playoff games in Standridge over the last few years then either of those 2 places u have a head of it

Keep in mind I was in school 1996-200. So I'd venture to say that between 1992-2000, we played more games at Pennington and Max Goldsmith, especially since Coach Russell was there.

During the Copeland/Cordell years, they've played more at Standridge. I've only seen one playoff game at Standridge and I think that was in 1995.

RMAC
10-19-2005, 10:02 PM

Yeah, I do remember they were D-BAGS!!!

kaorder1999
10-19-2005, 10:36 PM
gopher bowl nice....played in frisco last year...not a bad place to play

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 10:41 AM
i always liked playing in
Grande communications stadium- Midland Texas
Lowry Field- Lubbock Texas

hoosierdaddy
10-20-2005, 11:19 AM
There's no better place for a game at any level than Kyle Field! As for places I've actually had the pleasure of playing-
Pennington Field-Hurst
Simpson Stadium-Garland
Rose Stadium-Tyler
All of these have good facilities for team and fans

If you ever get the chance to play in the Astrodome, pass on it. That place is a much better evacuee camp than football venue in my book.

KTJ
07-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Soon, we can add another new stadium to this list that I think 3A Region 1 (well the Eastern Edge of Region 1) will use.

That will be the new stadium that Mansfield ISD is building.

eagles_victory
07-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Just watch out for the KGB of a security team at Waco. You even think about considering to think about getting out of line there...and WHAMY...you're gone! Has anyone ever been to the stadium in Killeen sp? there security is crazy there How many places wont let you stand up at a football game? i nvever noticed it to be bad in Waco

Maroon87
07-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Sinton can call Victoria Memorial Stadium home every now and then...

That place has been good to us over the years...:cool: I can't say the same about the Astrodome, however.:mad:

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 08:36 AM
I guess I'd have to say Midland Grande Communications stadium.
We play there once or twice a year in the play-offs and I am
pretty sure we have never lost there.

CalallenWildcat
07-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That place has been good to us over the years...:cool:

Did you come to any of our wins there this year? I didn't like it after the Austin McCallum and NB Canyon ugly wins, but after that Brenham game, I LOVE that stadium. :icecream:

Maroon87
07-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Did you come to any of our wins there this year? I didn't like it after the Austin McCallum and NB Canyon ugly wins, but after that Brenham game, I LOVE that stadium. :icecream:

I was there for NB Canyon. I would've been there for Brenham but my company X-Mas party was that night and there was no way I could get back to Houston in time if I'd gone. I should've skipped the party.;)

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Soon, we can add another new stadium to this list that I think 3A Region 1 (well the Eastern Edge of Region 1) will use.

That will be the new stadium that Mansfield ISD is building.

That stadium just looks AWESOME!!! I work about 10 minutes away and it's right next to one of the golf courses that we go play at after work. I can't wait for that stadium to be completed. It will be nice to be able to sneak over there come playoff time to catch a few games. Also, they are building a new stadium here in Midlothian that looks really nice as well. Only problem is...there are too many workers during the day that I can't get close enough to get a good look. Maybe I will take my camera after work one day and see what there is to see...:thinking:

KTJ
07-07-2006, 08:52 AM
That stadium just looks AWESOME!!! I work about 10 minutes away and it's right next to one of the golf courses that we go play at after work. I can't wait for that stadium to be completed. It will be nice to be able to sneak over there come playoff time to catch a few games. Also, they are building a new stadium here in Midlothian that looks really nice as well. Only problem is...there are too many workers during the day that I can't get close enough to get a good look. Maybe I will take my camera after work one day and see what there is to see...:thinking:

A.) Can you hook me up with a job? :D

B.) One of the things I'm really upset about is that Gainesville, who is building a fantastic new high school, ISN'T building a new stadium. That really ticks me off. Really. (We wouldn't host any playoff games though, since we're right on the Region line. That kinda sucks too.)

hawkfan
07-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Saginaw Boswell has been good to Iowa Park over the past years. So has Justin Northwest, both the old stadium and the new. Iowa Park Played in and won the very first Play-off game in thier new stadium.

Bull Butter
07-07-2006, 11:00 AM
1. Javelina Stadium- real grass, field in good shape despite TAMUK and Kingsville HS playing on it. Plenty of seating and parking. Nice locker room facilities. I also heard they will be getting a new scoreboard w/video board this season.

2. Alice Memorial Stadium- another stadium with real grass that was in great shape. Parking is ok, adequate seating. Locker room facilities are outstanding, if you happen to be the home team. Public address announcer was this little old man with a deep booming voice. In addition, we're undefeated in playoff games in Alice:)

3. Victoria Memorial Stadium- Field turf, plenty of seating and parking

Other good playoff stadiums I've been to
Alamodome
Segiun
Alamo Stadium (the Rockpile)
La Joya
McAllen Memorial Stadium
Bobcat Stadium
DKR
Galena Park ISD- never been to a playoff game there, but was there for a reg. season game and all I can say is WOW!

Average playoff stadiums (not great, not bad):
Buc Stadium-dressing room was nice, good seating & press box, field was lousy and parking is horrible.
Calallen
Weslaco
Boggus Stadium (Harlingen)

Bad playoff stadiums:
PSJA Stadium
Sams Memorial Stadium (Brownsville)
Falfurrias

Bullaholic
07-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Northwest Stadium- Justin
Dragon Stadium- Southlake
C.H. Collins Complex- Denton

panther power
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
GRANGE in Midland...

panther power
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
LOL, grande...

Emerson1
07-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I wish we could play all our playoff games at Texas Stadium.

Maroon87
07-07-2006, 12:39 PM
i also liked playing in Alamo Stadium... although my HS Career came to an end there...

Same here...on both counts.:(

Chris Hart
07-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Bobcat stadium in San Marcos is a good playoff venue. Sinton-Burnet had the 7th largest crowd ever there in '02.:) I agree! I loved each time Burnet played in Bobcat Stadium. My least favorites are Alamodome, Astrodome, and Texas Stadium. Burnet is 1-4 when playing inside. Yes, I consider Texas Stadium as inside, although it sure didn't feel like it when we played there, lol...

ILS1
07-07-2006, 05:31 PM
In no particular order:

Round Rock ISD (10 minutes from my house. An overall great venue and great replay screen)

Waco ISD (great place to watch a game but the security SUCKS there)

Floyd Casey Stadium (hadn't been there in years but went there 2 years ago after renovations and fell in love with the place. They have the best LCD replay screen BAR NONE!!!)

S.A. Farris Complex (very nice complex and easy to get in and out of the place)

Texas Stadium (I'll say it again,if your playing there in December,you are having a GOOD season)

Smithson Valley HS (beautiful stadium and surroundings)

:D

Cameron Crazy
07-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Birdville Fine Arts Complex Now that is an awsome place.

kepdawg
07-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm there!
1. Memorial - Wichita Falls

2. Amon Carter - TCU

3. Bowers - SHSU

Would like more games here!
1. Ford - SMU

2. Kincaide - Dallas

3. Collins - Denton

I'll pass!
1. ISD - Waco