PDA

View Full Version : Bound For Glory-Any watchers?

football4life
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
What does everyone think about this show? I personally like to watch anything to do with football, especially anything that gives an inside look at things. It is a bit crazy with Dick Butkis and all.

eagles_victory
10-18-2005, 09:59 PM
I like it, it's a pretty good show. I found myself wanting Montour to beat Moon bad. It looks like Montour dosen't have a whole lot of talent

ro_tex_solja
10-18-2005, 10:28 PM
im just gonna come out and say it but dick butkus quits when the team is 1-6 so im sorry for ruining it...lol

maroonpirate04
10-18-2005, 11:34 PM
I love watching that show I've been watching it ever since it started and when I work at night on tuesday i watch the midnight show the repeat espisode

Old Tiger
10-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
im just gonna come out and say it but dick butkus quits when the team is 1-6 so im sorry for ruining it...lol You're a moron.

3afan
10-19-2005, 08:25 AM
im just gonna come out and say it but dick butkus quits when the team is 1-6 so im sorry for ruining it...lol

i watch it - i hope you are kidding ... if not talk about losing credibility

RiverRat19
10-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
It looks like Montour dosen't have a whole lot of talent

From the limited amount of the show I've seen, that's exactly what it looks like to me. I'm sure they are playing hard and are extra motivated due to the ex-NFL players involved and the ESPN cameras, etc. but they just don't seem to have as much giddyup as their opponents....

eagles_victory
10-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know the size of the school. I wonder what classification they would be in Texas because I have seen a lot of 3a teams that are more talented.

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2005, 04:12 PM

:foul: :foul: :foul:

Good show, I liked the fireworks that went off everytime Moon scored....pretty impressive for high school football!:cool:

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
You're a moron.

i just want to tell u thanks for ruining my self esteem...im such a moron:(

football4life
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM

You gotta be kidding?? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Yea I dont think they have much talent, and I was thinking the same thing about seeing more talented 3A schools.

AggieJohn
10-19-2005, 06:45 PM
should of made the show in texas

bound for glory-sinton

bound for glory-barber's hill

bound for glory-cuero

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
should of made the show in texas

bound for glory-sinton

bound for glory-barber's hill

bound for glory-cuero

try bound for glory - progresso high, home of the red ants...

bound for glory - taft HS

turbostud
10-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Does anyone know the size of the school. I wonder what classification they would be in Texas because I have seen a lot of 3a teams that are more talented.

They are Class 3A but I dont know what the enrollment is.

turbostud
10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
I just found an article that says the enrollment is over 1000.

enrollment (http://www.montourschools.com/4367%5F60123133013/site/)

NateDawg39
10-19-2005, 07:45 PM
someone tell me what time and is it ESPN? I watched the show when they had there homecoming but... i forgot what time it was!:(

maroonpirate04
10-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
someone tell me what time and is it ESPN? I watched the show when they had there homecoming but... i forgot what time it was!:(

They show it at 9pm on ESPN then at 12 midnight on ESPN 2 of the same epsiode

GreenMonster
10-19-2005, 10:09 PM
I've seen this a couple of times. I think it's great. Ol' Ray Crockett is a Baylor grad if I'm not mistaken.

La Grange
10-19-2005, 10:12 PM
I personaly do not enjoy it one bit.

In last weeks episode when Dick Butkis yelled/cursed at another coach while the players were watching was dispicable. How do you expect players to want to play when coaches can not even get along. I personally wanted to give the father of the quarterback a slap of reality when he berated his son for not playing well. It is a game played by kids and kids make mistakes.

BrahmaMom
10-19-2005, 10:12 PM
I like what I've seen. Be better if it featured a Texas school!

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 10:32 PM
he quits anyways

NateDawg39
10-19-2005, 11:17 PM
i think they should do it over either Manor or Gilmer. No reason at all. Or i could say do it over Decatur!! but then accusations of homerization would follow:D

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by La Grange
I personally wanted to give the father of the quarterback a slap of reality when he berated his son for not playing well.

I know....I felt really bad for that kid and did you see the Dad.....he had tears in his eyes! What a J.A!

handNthedirt
10-20-2005, 09:50 AM
The coaches in the show are a disgrace to a great profession with their behavior and language, which makes it hard to watch. But what makes it even harder to watch is the actual football being played....it's horrible! The games have the same pace and intensity as a mediocre jr. high game. I haven't seen a decent tackle all season, from either team on the field. Yet, for some strange reason, my tv is on espn at 9pm Tuesday night.

RiverRat19
10-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I saw it for the first time this week. From what little I saw, I was not impressed. First off, the team featured on the show and their opponent seemed more interested in the "show" of the game- fireworks going off before, during, and after the game, uniforms and stadiums that were nicer than some small colleges, etc.

The level of play did not impress me much either. I have no idea what the enrollment of these schools is but I'm sure they have ample talent to field good teams. We all know that from top to bottom Texas has the best High School Football programs in the world so we are comparing these teams to some pretty high standards.... that being said, I'm not sure I'll watch the show again.

La Grange
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
What I really did not like is that next season Dick Butkis is not going to be the coach. He is just going to come in for one season and see what he can do. I don't really think it is fair for the players in any class. How are you going to rebuild a program in just one year?

Another aspect of the show I did not enjoy was the added press attention that the team got. Why does a tiny school in Pennsylvania need a Energizer Battery sponsored score board?

I give this show two thumbs down, but I will still probably be catching the re-runs on espn 2.

ro_tex_solja
10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
he isnt even gonna last this year....i bet he quits when the team is 1-6;)

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
he isnt even gonna last this year....i bet he quits when the team is 1-6;)

STOP IT! :mad: :D