PDA

View Full Version : Southlake Carroll and Abilene Wylie

PlayaJBiehl20
10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Do you think Abilene Wylie and Southlake Carroll are alike.

Leopards,class of 75
10-18-2005, 09:48 PM
No one is like S.L.C., a class of thier own!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Not that I've noticed. SLC has gone from 3a to 5a in just a few short years. And has won championships (or gone very deep) along the way.

RMAC
10-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Well, it sure seems like they both have NFL style playbooks w/ so many different formations and sets. Except I do think that SLC could win a few of the divisions in the NFL.

vet93
10-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Abilene Wylie has not enjoyed the magnitude of success that SLC has enjoyed. SLC won championships when they burst onto the 3a seen and that success has carried on into the higher classifications. That is not to take away from the success of Abilene Wylie...they are good year in and year out...just not with as much success as SLC.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-18-2005, 10:36 PM
I mean not to sound racial or anything, but both predominately white teams,both are good year in and and year out. I'm not saying that Abilene Wylie is a exact replica, just that they resemble each other.

crabman
10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
This is not a black, brown, white, yellow, or red thing. Just an observation. Wylie and SLC take a group of very, very smart above average talent kids and put that together with perfect execution to win football games. No mistakes. Perfect execution. That is the key. Chase Wasson led Southlake Carroll to an undefeated state title a couple of years ago. A good high school quarterback but not an upper echelon D1 guy. Ended up D1-AA. I am just saying what the coaches always try to instill in the boys. If every play is executed perfectly every time, you are going to win an awful lot of games. Linemen don't have to dominate their opponent, they just have to get some kind of an advantage on them. Receivers don't have to blaze by their defenders, they just have to run perfect routes to deceive the defender and get open. Perfection in learning your plays and having the discipline to execute them each and every time will win it for you more often than not.

With that said, it doesn't hurt to have Chase Daniel, Clint Renfro, Case Keenum, or Tyler Crump on your team. They are the package. Physical and mental talent all in one.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-18-2005, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crabman
This is not a black, brown, white, yellow, or red thing. Just an observation. Wylie and SLC take a group of very, very smart above average talent kids and put that together with perfect execution to win football games. No mistakes. Perfect execution. That is the key. Chase Wasson led Southlake Carroll to an undefeated state title a couple of years ago. A good high school quarterback but not an upper echelon D1 guy. Ended up D1-AA. I am just saying what the coaches always try to instill in the boys. If every play is executed perfectly every time, you are going to win an awful lot of games. Linemen don't have to dominate their opponent, they just have to get some kind of an advantage on them. Receivers don't have to blaze by their defenders, they just have to run perfect routes to deceive the defender and get open. Perfection in learning your plays and having the discipline to execute them each and every time will win it for you more often than not.

With that said, it doesn't hurt to have Chase Daniel, Clint Renfro, Case Keenum, or Tyler Crump on your team. They are the package. Physical and mental talent all in one. [/QUOTE
Also a lot of tradition, these teams never miss the playoffs. But you do have to admit, these teams are not Dallas Carter or Spring Westfield

GreenMonster
10-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by crabman

With that said, it doesn't hurt to have Chase Daniel, Clint Renfro, Case Keenum, or Tyler Crump on your team. They are the package. Physical and mental talent all in one.
Nicely put.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2005, 10:13 AM

You summed it up!

Adidas410s
10-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Also a lot of tradition, these teams never miss the playoffs. But you do have to admit, these teams are not Dallas Carter or Spring Westfield

Dude...leave the race issue alone. But since you want to compare it. The average value of a house in Abilene, $36,000...in Southlake it is about $450,000. Let's go ahead and throw in the money thing while we are at it. If you are trying to make a point here then make it. The vague observations are not really getting at anything...

Adidas410s
10-19-2005, 10:36 AM

By the way...a great post. Different systems but same overall principles are in place.

Adidas410s
10-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Well, it sure seems like they both have NFL style playbooks w/ so many different formations and sets. Except I do think that SLC could win a few of the divisions in the NFL.

Midget...you're fat...go back to class! :rolleyes:

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 12:26 PM
i used to live in cleburne from 6-4A and i went to SLC games a lot because its only an hour away and believe me they could beat some nfl teams for sure and definately send wylie home with their tails between their legs!!!!!........i have to say it even if i love our district...srry wylie!!

oh yeah good luck to wylie against snyder...(not that you will need it)

Black_Magic
10-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
believe me they could beat some nfl teams for sure :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now you have showed how little you really know about the game and how far out of touch with reality you are. SLC could not beat a Good Division I NCAA team much less be able to come even close to compeating with even the worst of the NFL teams in the leauge :rolleyes: The difference between Highschool and Pro is like Pop warner to High school...

RMAC
10-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now you have showed how little you really know about the game and how far out of touch with reality you are. SLC could not beat a Good Division I NCAA team much less be able to come even close to compeating with even the worst of the NFL teams in the leauge :rolleyes: The difference between Highschool and Pro is like Pop warner to High school...

And now you have shown how little you really know about grammar. . . showed? compeating? Webster, he's a great guy.

Black_Magic
10-19-2005, 12:44 PM
And now you have shown how little you really know about grammar. . . showed? compeating? Webster, he's a great guy. Give me a break! Crawl back under the rock rookie.:rolleyes:

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now you have showed how little you really know about the game and how far out of touch with reality you are. SLC could not beat a Good Division I NCAA team much less be able to come even close to compeating with even the worst of the NFL teams in the leauge :rolleyes: The difference between Highschool and Pro is like Pop warner to High school...

you have obviously never seen them play!!!
i have!

Black_Magic
10-19-2005, 12:50 PM
i have! OMG:rolleyes: KID. If you only knew. Yes I have seen them play. Yes they are a GREAT HIGH SCHOOL TEAM.... But NO WAY could they even stay on the field for even 10:00 vs even the worst of the NFL teams... You remind me of Pop Warner kids who win thier leauge and think they can compare to the local Varsity.:rolleyes: You Really have not even a slight grasp on reality when it comes to the comparison of College to Pro do you.. go to a Pro teams training camp for 2 hours and unless your blind and stupid , you will quickly see the difference in Pro vs High school.

Steer Fever
10-19-2005, 12:53 PM
SLC has to be one of the most year in and year out football programs... great staff and kids, the only way you can compare them and wylie is .... they both respect the game is about it.

pero chato
10-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
SLC has to be one of the most year in and year out football programs... great staff and kids, the only way you can compare them and wylie is .... they both respect the game is about it.

True. I talk to a lot of Wylie folk and believe me, none of us have any illusions that we could hang with SLC. We have Abilene High and Cooper in town and we are not on the same level as those two much less an SLC caliber team.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 01:06 PM
When I started this I was only implying that SLC and Wylie resemble each other not that they are on the same level.

run_n_hit
10-19-2005, 01:37 PM
You guys have hit the nail on the head with the similarities. I realize Wylie has not had the success that SLC has, and for as long, but they have been coming into their own the last 5 years. The biggest similatity is not wins or championship, but community support, importance, and excitement. You may find similar programs in the state, and maybe a few AS good, but NONE BETTER than these two. If you've ever been to a Wylie road game you would know what I mean. The community raised enough money to build an incredible indoor facility. They had 38 seniors last year.... just seniors. I could give you examples all day. I've coached at several places, and I've never seen anything like it. And the best part is, (I can't speak for SLC) they are not ALL about winning. Sandifer's staff (for the most part) are good role models and demand that you act right. They are about teaching you to succeed in life not just football.

gato 76
10-19-2005, 03:13 PM
What type of offense does abl.wylie run?

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
i used to live in cleburne from 6-4A and i went to SLC games a lot because its only an hour away and believe me they could beat some nfl teams for sure and definately send wylie home with their tails between their legs!!!!!........i have to say it even if i love our district...srry wylie!!

oh yeah good luck to wylie against snyder...(not that you will need it)

And they didnt ask would SLC beat Wylie everyone knows they would. AS far as NFL ,I cant believe i am doing this, but I have to agree with black magic.

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 03:53 PM
i have!

Ok think about this... How many high schools are there across the country? Ok the kids leave high school what percentage go on to play college ball? OK out of the small percentage that went on to play college ball how many will actually make one of the 32 teams in the NFL? I say it is about 3% of college athletes are good enough. So you have the top echelon of american football players int he NFL and you think 50 kids from suburban DFW can beat a team made up of that 3%? Just some simple reasoning, try it out sometime.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ok think about this... How many high schools are there across the country? Ok the kids leave high school what percentage go on to play college ball? OK out of the small percentage that went on to play college ball how many will actually make one of the 32 teams in the NFL? I say it is about 3% of college athletes are good enough. So you have the top echelon of american football players int he NFL and you think 50 kids from suburban DFW can beat a team made up of that 3%? Just some simple reasoning, try it out sometime. You're right on that one.

Mustangpride09
10-19-2005, 07:28 PM

they couldnt even beat the texans

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
that might depend on if Carr starts or not... no no no mustang07 its sarcasm they couldnt beat the texans...

swaterfan
10-19-2005, 08:07 PM
i have!

umm buddy the thing w/ college is they get the best outta ALL the highschools so im goin to go ahead and say Sam Houston State could OBLITERATE SLC

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 08:52 PM
never thought of it that way....man don't i look like a dumba$$.......well none the less wylie and SLC are great teams and have my respect!!!

Whsdogs
10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
True. I talk to a lot of Wylie folk and believe me, none of us have any illusions that we could hang with SLC. We have Abilene High and Cooper in town and we are not on the same level as those two much less an SLC caliber team.

Abilene high probably might hand it to wylie but cooper???? that would be a close one lol

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 10:50 PM
that might actually be an interesting game. But they do have numbers on us. We sure arent used to palying teas with more players. This year however it seems we have fewer players on the sideline.