PDA

View Full Version : Went out today and got me a Ferrari....

SintonFan
10-18-2005, 07:30 PM
of an internet connection. This new wireless highspeed is absolutely amazing!:eek:
A constant 10.0 Mbps connection in Sinton(seven miles out of town)!!!!
Uploads guaranteed at 1.4 Mbps!
This connection is 20 times faster than my DSL in San Antonio. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!:) :eek: :)
26.4 kbps... BUH BYE!:inlove:
Anyone else out there in 3A land have one of these types of ISPs?

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Cox offers a 5MB internet connection and I know that it runs at that speed at all times. Every so often I actually find it running at 7-8 mb/sec. Find a site that tests your internet speed and see if it is actually hitting it.

OnceABucJr
10-18-2005, 08:13 PM
So tell those of us with old DSL turtles some more specifics!

SintonFan
10-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Hmmm...
it tested out at 1 Mbps on a couple of sites. lol
I need to get back with these ppl. I, being an ex-Earthlink Tech should know better than reading the "connected speed" on a wireless connection.:doh: However I'll make sure I get my guaranteed speed one way or another.:D

Originally posted by OnceABucJr
So tell those of us with old DSL turtles some more specifics!
I had G-Tek come out and install this wireless. They are customers of mine. Hey, if you do consider to go with them then please tell them I referred you. lol I'll pm my name so I can get a referral credit if you don't mind.;) The service is around $40 a month with an equipment rental added.
lol
I gotta try a few more bandwidth sites for a good speed reading.

SintonFan
10-18-2005, 09:58 PM
OK....
I guess I got me a GTO today as most tests are around 1.1 Mbps...:o
lol
Gotta call them first thing in the morning.:thumbsup:
Hey any mods out there reading this? Why do I have so much trouble changing a thread title? I can't seem to do it for this.:(