PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City/Orangefield updates

Paratrooper
10-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Bridge City 21 Orangefield 0 3:39 left in the 2nd quarter

Paratrooper
10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
21 - 0 at the half

It looks like the scrappy bunch from Orangefield is doing everything it can. My hats off to those kids.

Paratrooper
10-18-2005, 05:45 PM
28 - 0 3:35 left in the 3rd quarter

Paratrooper
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
28 - 0 3:35 left in the 3rd quarter

Final is 28 - 0. A good win for the Cardinals. I thought they would have blown them out, but from what I was told Coach Tarver took the dogs off of them. Regardless it is a good win.

Old Cardinal
10-18-2005, 07:48 PM
My hats off to OF also. All these high enrollment HSs don't have to face the problems a little school faces many years.

BCs defense is mighty good--
Taylor Faulk a Senior at only 175 pounds is a dynamo: he met OFs Tailback Arceneaux headon at the line just like he did the 2 time All Stater from H-J--what a pointman for the defense.

Again Derrick Coleman, BCs fastest, outran the secondary to take in a long TD, just like last week. It seems all the guys that played on the final four baseball team last year have great hands to employ catching the football. Also, the Basketball player(Randy Jennings) turned football player his Senior year; at 185#s can really jump and catch a football.

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 07:51 PM
go BC!!!

Paratrooper
10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
go BC!!!

Looks like noone will touch either WOS or BC in district. The final game should have two undefeated teams going at it.

spiveyrat
10-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Final is 28 - 0. A good win for the Cardinals. I thought they would have blown them out, but from what I was told Coach Tarver took the dogs off of them. Regardless it is a good win.

4 touchdowns IS pretty much a blowout in my book. :eek:

Paratrooper
10-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

I agree it is, but I thought it was probably going to be worse than that. But like I say those Bobcats certainly don't quit against any Bridge City team. They have a lot of heart.

RBARKER
10-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Congrats BC!!!

Supertilley
10-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Well this is kinda like a rivalry game. Most of the time they are low scoring. But none the less a shutout is a shutout.

Bobkat
10-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Hats off to Bridge City...very good football team. They will give West Orange-Stark all they want again this year. I was proud of the way our kids competed tonight and I'm glad that this group of seniors is actually getting to finish the season. No offense again this week but our scrappy little defense plays hard and will hit ya. Problem is their on the field way to much and that's been our problem all year. Congrats to the Cards on the win and keep your head up young Cats, keep competing and good things will happen.

exbccards76'smom
10-19-2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

It would have be 34 to 0, but a Johnny Dishon TD got called back on a penalty.

3afan
10-19-2005, 06:30 AM
......They have a lot of heart.

"heart" don't make tackles or throw blocks .... ;)

Bobkat
10-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Orangefield did have a touchdown called back too and I thought our defense tackled well today. Bridge City just has to many weapons and our kids couldn't defend them all. But for the most part I thought our defense played well. Throwing blocks on the other hand has been our problem all year. Can't really explain it to be honest with ya. We're just not that good at it.

Paratrooper
10-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
It would have be 34 to 0, but a Johnny Dishon TD got called back on a penalty.

If didn't end up on the score board it didn't happen.

Old Cardinal
10-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Sure "Go Johnny Go" Dishon had a TD erased by an accurate call. It was a 65 yarder, or so, and he just walked off and left the whole OF defense including their fast tailback who was playing secondary defense at the time.
Johnny is a Junior and I will predict he will be considered the top 3A QB by the beginning of next season He is no longer the "Bambi-type" small player that he was last season; he is a big ole muscled up youth now. It's interesting in that he could possibly end up playing DI or even professional baseball and never wear a college football uniform. Yet he is pretty good at this QB spot in football.

X Man
10-19-2005, 01:05 PM
So Paratrooper, what's your prediction of the score of the WOS-BC game?

Paratrooper
10-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by X Man
So Paratrooper, what's your prediction of the score of the WOS-BC game?

Well, not to start to early on this thread. You know this thread is going to have that little burning folder when this game is about a week out. However, since you asked for my opinion. I would predict this year Bridge City actually taking out the Mustangs.

My prediction is Bridge City 21 WOS 14

However, I really feel this will come down to who makes the fumble or interception that turns the game in the other guy's favor. This game will have lots of emotions running on both sides of the ball. It will really boil down to who makes the dumb mistake in a high stakes game. That is actually how close I think this game will be.