PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Question

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I know that 10 runners from each district go to regionals. But how many runners go to state from each region?

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I was wonderin the same thing when I saw that Decatur moved to #2 in the state for cross country. I have some good friends that run and id like to know who would go if they make it past a hard region.

Cliff Hanger
10-18-2005, 03:55 PM
The Top 10 Ind. from each district go to region along with all seven members of the top three teams.

At region the top ten Ind. go to state along with all seven members of the top three teams.

At State, There are 12 teams left and a handful of Ind. (most of the top ten Ind. at district and region were already advancing as a member of a team.

Unlike track and field, Cross-Country is more of a team sport because your 5th runner is just as important as your 1st runner.
The 6th and 7th runners are displacers and the 6th runner is the tie breaker runner.

I hope this helps.

Old Cardinal
10-18-2005, 08:13 PM
As soon as Rita hit Bridge City was replaced with Pharr.on the state polls; I guess the reasoning was that they would lose some hosses--it did'nt happen! 24-3A has its District meet next weekend. It has always been at Clairbone Park on I-10 but that place is in shambles. It will be announced this week as to location. Last year BC won the first 7 spots and the closest team(but could not officially competet)--- was their JV team, at District
They can tamper with the polls all they want: BC will probably win state again this year.

Hupernikomen
10-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I bet BC does win it again OC. Did anyone graduate off of last years team? If so, where are they running now?

Old Cardinal
10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
If I remember right two did but they were not their top runners. I think they run for Lamar U.
Those polls are not too accurate in my opinion, of girls or boys. The BC girls are a state contender this year but the polls don't even have them rated at all. It's made by Coaches: many who don't keep up with the various events across the state.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Cliff:

Thanks for the info. I have a daughter running for Vernon however she is the only girl so they do not have a team. She has looked good this year with a personal best of 12.20. Hoping to do well at District. I was unsure of how many they take to State. From last years times at the regional meet she will be hard pressed to make state but she should be close. One meet at a time and I'm hoping that she can do well at the district meet.

Go Lady Z Jr.~

Old Cardinal
10-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Bridge City did end up losing Sleeman to a 5A school in Austin. He was timewise in the pack of runners that could finish 6th, 7th or 8th in the meets. He had returned to the team as a Senior just to give depth--if needed. He is a fine youth and appears to be one of the better runners at the 5A up at Austin--we all wish him well!:clap:

3afan
10-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
... Those polls are not too accurate in my opinion ...

what polls, in any sports , are ultimately accurate? not too many ...