PDA

View Full Version : Astros World Series ticket drawing

Bull's-eye
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
The Astros conducted a e-mail random drawing for the chance to buy World Series tickets. All my friends and family registered, but not one us were selected. Just wondering if anybody got selected?

99IHSMustang
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Astros conducted a e-mail random drawing for the chance to buy World Series tickets. All my friends and family registered, but not one us were selected. Just wondering if anybody got selected?

Wow that would be cool to go watch the St. Louis Cardinals and the Chicago White Sox in the World Series :D

Hupernikomen
i know of quite a few people who registered and not a single one won the drawing.

hoosierdaddy
Won't matter anyway, the 'stro's are going to choke and lose the series.

BlueBlood
10-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Wow that would be cool to go watch the St. Louis Cardinals and the Chicago White Sox in the World Series :D

I guess your world series is when Miller and King play.

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
i know of quite a few people who registered and not a single one won the drawing.

I think your right. I love the Astros, but a loss in that manner might be to much to overcome. The only thing they have going for them is Clemons in game 7 but they prob won't hit the ball again the rest of the series.

99IHSMustang
10-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
I guess your world series is when Miller and King play.

???? The last time I checked I didn't go to neither school.. :thinking:

sahen
10-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by stickandmove
I think your right. I love the Astros, but a loss in that manner might be to much to overcome. The only thing they have going for them is Clemons in game 7 but they prob won't hit the ball again the rest of the series.
hello Oswalt?? i think he has a better chance to win than Clemens....we gotta win game 6 if we r gonna go to the Series....game 7 is really not a question, the Cards will take that one....

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
???? The last time I checked I didn't go to neither school.. :thinking:

yeah the double negative kids are over at Moody...

Bull's-eye
10-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by hoosierdaddy
Won't matter anyway, the 'stro's are going to choke and lose the series.

During the first Houston Rockets Championship, I had 2 tickets to game 6. Houston was trailing 3-2 in the series. I had a hard time getting anybody to believe they had a chance to win. There were alot of people saying that the Rockets choked and Houston was "Choke City". The rest is history and I wouldn't of missed that game for the world. The Astros still have a good shot of making it to the World Series and I will do my best to be at one of those games. You got to have FAITH!!

Phil C
10-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
During the first Houston Rockets Championship, I had 2 tickets to game 6. Houston was trailing 3-2 in the series. I had a hard time getting anybody to believe they had a chance to win. There were alot of people saying that the Rockets choked and Houston was "Choke City". The rest is history and I wouldn't of missed that game for the world. The Astros still have a good shot of making it to the World Series and I will do my best to be at one of those games. You got to have FAITH!!

Way to go Bull's-eye! We needed some encouragement today!

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by hoosierdaddy
Won't matter anyway, the 'stro's are going to choke and lose the series. SHUT THE HECK UP !!!! :tongue: :foul: :nerd: :hand: :rolleyes:

Ranger05
10-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by stickandmove
I think your right. I love the Astros, but a loss in that manner might be to much to overcome. The only thing they have going for them is Clemons in game 7 but they prob won't hit the ball again the rest of the series. what about oswalt he pitched lights out in his win at st. louis

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 04:22 PM
I'd take Oswalt over the Rocket any day of the week...... :D

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I'd take Oswalt over the Rocket any day of the week...... :D

:hand: You just like him better because of the way his pants fit. :D

Ranger05
10-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I'd take Oswalt over the Rocket any day of the week...... :D idk about that one the Rocket is still one of the best pitchers in the majors and honestly if i had to win a game and i could pick any pitcher in the majors i would send roger clemens to the mound.

sahen
10-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
idk about that one the Rocket is still one of the best pitchers in the majors and honestly if i had to win a game and i could pick any pitcher in the majors i would send roger clemens to the mound.
Oswalt is the only pitcher since 2000-2001 to have 2 twenty win seasons in a row.....He has been the most dominate pitcher the past 2 years....the Rocket is great but he has seemed to have some issues in teh playoffs, i think he is a little tired which should really be why we want to win it on wednesday cause if we dont the Rocket wont get any extra rest for the Series.....but if i had to put my money on any pitcher in the playoffs in a must win game it'd be Pettitte...that man is clutch, he had a tuff game 1 but yesterday he was great.....not to mention all of his clutch wins with the Yankees....

Ranger05
10-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Oswalt is the only pitcher since 2000-2001 to have 2 twenty win seasons in a row.....He has been the most dominate pitcher the past 2 years....the Rocket is great but he has seemed to have some issues in teh playoffs, i think he is a little tired which should really be why we want to win it on wednesday cause if we dont the Rocket wont get any extra rest for the Series.....but if i had to put my money on any pitcher in the playoffs in a must win game it'd be Pettitte...that man is clutch, he had a tuff game 1 but yesterday he was great.....not to mention all of his clutch wins with the Yankees.... i will agree with u on that idk in a big game if u sent oswalt clemens or pettitte into the game as the starter u have to feel pretty confident about ur chances

Hupernikomen
10-18-2005, 05:52 PM
HIJACKERS!!!!

Did anyone win a ticket opportunity in the drawing that you know of?? That is what was asked...go cry about the Astros somewhere else.

sahen
10-18-2005, 05:58 PM
HIJACKERS!!!!

Did anyone win a ticket opportunity in the drawing that you know of?? That is what was asked...go cry about the Astros somewhere else.
::rolls eyes:: no one actually wins ticket opportunities to go to the games...it is just a little thing that mlb/astros do to make you think you have a chance.....tickets go to the highest bidders (companies) / season ticket holders who spent tons of money to have their ticket chance guaranteed....even if they really do the lottery there is prolly only like 500-1000 seats open for about 4 or 5 million people applying....

Hupernikomen
10-18-2005, 06:02 PM
::rolls eyes:: no one actually wins ticket opportunities to go to the games...it is just a little thing that mlb/astros do to make you think you have a chance.....tickets go to the highest bidders (companies) / season ticket holders who spent tons of money to have their ticket chance guaranteed....even if they really do the lottery there is prolly only like 500-1000 seats open for about 4 or 5 million people applying....

That is what I would like to figure out. You speak as if you are an expert on the matter. Where you get your inside info.? Or is it just good ole common sense?

Ranger05
10-18-2005, 06:03 PM
::rolls eyes:: no one actually wins ticket opportunities to go to the games...it is just a little thing that mlb/astros do to make you think you have a chance.....tickets go to the highest bidders (companies) / season ticket holders who spent tons of money to have their ticket chance guaranteed....even if they really do the lottery there is prolly only like 500-1000 seats open for about 4 or 5 million people applying.... if they go i probably have tickets and it wasnt by the lottery either

Bull's-eye
10-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm also wondering how some people are already selling SRO tickets on EBay and at ticket brokers? Just called one ticket agency, he said that SRO tickets were a $1000 but he would let me have one for $900. :doh: Something definately stinks in the ticket business. The face value of a SRO ticket is $45.

big daddy russ
10-18-2005, 06:28 PM
My g/f's best friend has season tix. If the Astros advance, Mary has the option to pick up "series tix" for the next series and they can also buy a few extra. My guess is that a lot of season ticket holders buy a few extra and just sell them... or just sell their tix for the night.

Mary sold two tickets for Game 4 for $1,000... pretty much made her money back from that one game.

JHS_c/o_06'
10-18-2005, 06:37 PM
i dont know why yall are arguing about astros world series tickets.......CAUSE ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
i dont know why yall are arguing about astros world series tickets.......CAUSE ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEY YOU....YOU BETTER CUT THAT OUT......ITS OUR YEAR!!!!! SO BLAHHHHHHHHHHH !! :mad: :p

sahen
10-18-2005, 08:48 PM
That is what I would like to figure out. You speak as if you are an expert on the matter. Where you get your inside info.? Or is it just good ole common sense?
Just common sense i guess....i have no inside info or anything im just assuming that is how it is....of course i could be wrong, but i doubt if a company is willing to pay more money per ticket than the avg. person can afford they r not gonna take taht money.....MLB doesnt want to seem disconnected from the average joe though so im sure they set aside a certain amount of tickets u can actually get through the lottery, though i doubt it is a large amount....considering the demand for the tickets is really high the odds of finding someone who actually got their tickets through the lottery is extremely low....

BrahmaDAD70
10-18-2005, 09:02 PM
My whole family entered and none of us won.

Oh well I still have my big screen.

Leopards,class of 75
10-18-2005, 09:17 PM
hello Oswalt?? i think he has a better chance to win than Clemens....we gotta win game 6 if we r gonna go to the Series....game 7 is really not a question, the Cards will take that one.... I agree with you 100% Sahen! Wednesday night is just about a must win for the Astros. If Phil Garner can get his players to forget about game 5 and get them to believe that they can win game 6, then they will head to the World Series for the first time ever. GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sahen
10-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
I agree with you 100% Sahen! Wednesday night is just about a must win for the Astros. If Phil Garner can get his players to forget about game 5 and get them to believe that they can win game 6, then they will head to the World Series for the first time ever. GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Garner just needs to make sure Oswalt forgets about game 5 really....if he comes out and pitches 3 or 4 shutout innings then the rest of the team will see that they got a shot at this one and all the momentum will switch back to the 'stros...

Leopards,class of 75
10-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Garner just needs to make sure Oswalt forgets about game 5 really....if he comes out and pitches 3 or 4 shutout innings then the rest of the team will see that they got a shot at this one and all the momentum will switch back to the 'stros... Good point again! I believe the Astros will win this series, But I hope they get it over with on Wednesday night!!!!!

sahen
10-18-2005, 09:31 PM
i think if it goes to 7 we will lose....its too hard to win at st. louis to begin w/....add that to our crappy offense and the atmosphere of a game 7....it will be VERY tuff.....not impossible, but very tuff...

Leopards,class of 75
10-18-2005, 09:37 PM
i think if it goes to 7 we will lose....its too hard to win at st. louis to begin w/....add that to our crappy offense and the atmosphere of a game 7....it will be VERY tuff.....not impossible, but very tuff... Did you forget that we already split the first 2 games in St. Louis???

sahen
10-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Did you forget that we already split the first 2 games in St. Louis???
that was game 2.....and it was the first meaningful game we have won in st. louis in forever....asking for 2 of them in one series is a tall order, esp. if it is a must win game...

Leopards,class of 75
10-18-2005, 09:46 PM
that was game 2.....and it was the first meaningful game we have won in st. louis in forever....asking for 2 of them in one series is a tall order, esp. if it is a must win game... I agree with you there! Lets just win game 6 and head to Chicago for game 1 on Saturday!!!