PDA

View Full Version : What college FB team has the best following?

big daddy russ
10-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Went to the A&M/OSU game the other day and realized that the Cowboys probably have the best following of any team in the Big XII. There were orange shirts all over the place and this was during a down year.

I also remember my first year living up here in CS, going to Northgate after the OSU game and half the place was people in orange. That team travels better than any team I've ever seen. Better than LSU, better than Tennessee and better than Auburn.

Is there a team out there that has a better following???

BMOC
10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Probably the best following in College Football would be either ALABAMA or Nebraska. I've seen Texas and Nebraska play, it was amazing to see all the Red in Austin. Alabama is famous for its following (all the tailgates, the RV's, and so on....)

KTJ
10-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Teams in term of the best following of fans--

1.) Nebraska - they always travel. No matter what. What else is there to do in that state?
2.) Texas - I'm not trying to be a homer here, but UT fans will always travel and spend money. We love to follow our team which is half the reason people will send us to any bowl in any part of the country. We have the largest alumni base of any university and no matter what, WE TRAVEL. (there were more UT fans at the Mizzou game 10 min. before kickoff than there were Mizzou fans. It was eerie.)
3.) LSU - those fans are just crazy
4.) Michigan
5.) Tennessee
6.) Florida
7.) Washington - when they are good.
8.) Florida State
9.) Oklahoma State
10.) Ohio State

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
did anybody forget about Notre Dame? I think their following is FAR superior to any other school. That being said, they don't necessarily "travel well" as their fans are EVERYWHERE already so the ones in and aroud South Bend tend not to travel. The point about OSU though is dead on. I went to the Cotton Bowl two years ago when they played Ole Miss and it was SOLID ORANGE that day. I must say that Ole Miss travels quite well too...heck they bring the hottest girls in the country to every football game!!! :D

handNthedirt
10-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Teams in term of the best following of fans--

1.) Nebraska - they always travel. No matter what. What else is there to do in that state?
2.) Texas - I'm not trying to be a homer here, but UT fans will always travel and spend money. We love to follow our team which is half the reason people will send us to any bowl in any part of the country. We have the largest alumni base of any university and no matter what, WE TRAVEL. (there were more UT fans at the Mizzou game 10 min. before kickoff than there were Mizzou fans. It was eerie.)
3.) LSU - those fans are just crazy
4.) Michigan
5.) Tennessee
6.) Florida
7.) Washington - when they are good.
8.) Florida State
9.) Oklahoma State
10.) Ohio State

Every person in the state of TX that didn't go to a Big XII school is a horn fan when they are winning. UT baseball/football/basketball are prime examples.

Watch the language....lhpm

spiveyrat
10-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Being REAL close to it here, K-State has a pretty big following. There's purple all over the place around here... not to mention at their games. Even my boss perfers purple pens! :eek:

spiveyrat
10-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Every jackass in the state of TX that didn't go to a Big XII school is a horn fan when they are winning. UT baseball/football/basketball are prime examples.

I usually pull for most all Texas teams (not just UT... A&M, Tech, etc too) no matter what... Gotta show my pride of Texas.

kaorder1999
10-18-2005, 12:28 PM
notre dame has a big following

big daddy russ
10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
KTJ had a great point about UT's following... UT and Ohio State are the biggest universities in the world, with the exception of maybe Phoenix online. Gives them a huge advantage over a small school like Notre Dame.

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
KTJ had a great point about UT's following... UT and Ohio State are the biggest universities in the world, with the exception of maybe Phoenix online. Gives them a huge advantage over a small school like Notre Dame.

They have more alumni...but Notre Dame has roughly 1 billion "donors" in the form of the Catholic Church.

big daddy russ
10-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
They have more alumni...but Notre Dame has roughly 1 billion "donors" in the form of the Catholic Church.
True that.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I usually pull for most all Texas teams (not just UT... A&M, Tech, etc too) no matter what... Gotta show my pride of Texas. im the same way. all of texas is my favorite. except the treasonist campus in norman...:mad:

KTJ
10-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Every ******* in the state of TX that didn't go to a Big XII school is a horn fan when they are winning. UT baseball/football/basketball are prime examples.

Jealous?

And wasn't every "*******" an Aggie fan during those "we didn't cheat Jackie Sherril" years?

handNthedirt
10-18-2005, 02:55 PM
how would I know...I always have been, and always will be loyal to the Ags. You can't tell me that there are helluva lot of people wearing horn gear nowadays, some of em don't even know where ut is. And I'm not saying that you're one of the bandwagoners, so quit crying.

Cool it....lhpm

sahen
10-18-2005, 03:03 PM
I say Nebraska and Notre Dame has the best following....Nebraska brought almost the same amount of people to Waco last weekend that UT and A&M bring and that drive from Nebraska is brutal (i know, i made it last year...11 hours)...Notre Dame has to be considered, i mean they have their own TV deal...All the armed forces teams have a good following as well...No matter where they go there will always be Army, Navy, or Air Force people around....

Phil C
10-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Jealous?

And wasn't every "*******" an Aggie fan during those "we didn't cheat Jackie Sherril" years?

Cheat!! :eek: Say it isn't so KTJ! Even Barry Switzer was rumored to have cheated at Oklahoma but surely the integrety of Oklahoma was maintained! :(

Keith7
10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I agree, now that texas has a decent team thanks to how weak college football is this year, it seems like everyone seems to think Texas is the best at EVERYthing.. get real people

Bullaholic
10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I agree, now that texas has a decent team thanks to how weak college football is this year, it seems like everyone seems to think Texas is the best at EVERYthing.. get real people

What makes this year's college teams "weaker" than any other year, Keith? That's kind of a long "reach", because you don't care for UT isn't it? If you named the 5 best all-around college athletic programs in the country currently, I think you would have to include UT.