PDA

View Full Version : changing my name

*l-tex_fan*
09-23-2002, 04:40 PM
Since I'm so disappointed with the Buffs this year and don't look for any improvements for the rest of the season, I'm now a lexington fan!
Go Eagles!!

Jacket2000
09-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Gotta love those fair-weather fans, eh?
J2K

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:44 PM
you should have heart in a team. Not just be there for them when they win. That's like only going where the talent is as opposed to the love. did you ever support the buffs to begin with? doesnt seem so.

*l-tex_fan*
09-23-2002, 04:57 PM
I supported the Buffs all last year and all the years before that, they are just really disappointing this year and I don't think it will change. That's all I was saying.

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:59 PM
i know, i know. but all im saying is give em a chance. things may change

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:59 PM
have district games started yet?

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 05:00 PM
for the buffs i mean

Atl_Rabb_Fan
09-23-2002, 05:03 PM
Man if you are any kind of real fan you will be there whether they are winning losing or just plain out looking pathetic. I mean my Rabbs are looking a little ruff right now and needs to get things together. But even though it isn't looking great I am still out there every Friday night expecting and hoping they will win. But if not as was the past two weeks I will still be there at the next game. Cause I still have faith that they will get things togather.

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 05:12 PM
yeah that's what i was trying to say. You dont just leave something when things get rough. thats like leaving a marriage just because you hit one tiny little bump in the road. you work things out, dont just give up. its even worse when you give up on something else. its giving up on your own self and the faith you show.

SintonFan
09-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
Gotta love those fair-weather fans, eh?
J2K

LOL... http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

PPHSfan
09-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Dump the Cowboys,Texans,Mavericks,Stars, etc.etc. But be True to your Hometown and the Hometown team. Those are your neighbors, your communities Kids, and your own Water Tower you are turning your back on. Don't forget where you live, those are the same folks that might be the ones who shop at your store or have you fix their car. Winning is important, but community comes first.

*l-tex_fan*
09-24-2002, 04:42 PM
I agree with what all of you guys are saying but it's one thing to go out there and play your hardest and it's another to go out there and give the game away, which is just what the Buffs have been doing. Giddings has about two or three players that try their hardest. The rest of the team just thinks that the game should be handed to them. I've been to the last two games and they were down right pathetic. As I have said before I have been a loyal Buff fan, until now. They don't even try to play the game, they let the opposing team run all over them. Yoakum did them a favor and saved them the embarassment of not scoring again. Stop preaching to me about being a loyal fan!

2001GiddingsLB
09-24-2002, 05:21 PM
There is a difference between supporting a team and being there to cheer when things are going good. Support is something that is there at all times and besides in 2000 Giddings lost 2 of its first 3 games which isn't much better what they are doing right now but we turned it around and got 2nd in district and made the playoffs.

*l-tex_fan*
09-25-2002, 02:09 PM
When y'all start winning then i'll spend the money to come watch until then lexington is my team!

duke_nukem
09-25-2002, 02:57 PM
Consider the name changed, good luck to you with the rest of your pathetic life. Don't come back when the buffs start winning. Stay in Lexington and see them beat up on St. Mary's of Untalented Prep School and Billy-Bob's Bait and Tackle Night School each week. Good-bye!

buffalo booster
09-25-2002, 03:50 PM
You weren't a true fan to begin with if you are deserting the team because it started out 0-3. Whatcha gonna do if Lexington goes on a losing streak?

It's sad, but I have run into a few other folks like you recently. They, too, aren't going to support the Buffs "until they start winning again." What nonsense!

For all you current players out there (and I know there are quite a few of you posting when you probably should be studying) -- know that you've still got a lot of fans behind you and we're confident that you guys are going to turn it around. Go Buffs!