PDA

View Full Version : Snyder

WTF-82
10-18-2005, 09:14 AM
What happened to Snyder the way the fans were talking they
were Invincable.

Black_Magic
10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Were you on Mars?? Snyder lost... thats it . Now they are 7-1 Just like sweetwater and Wylie .... Didnt play a good game and too many mistakes. cant win against a good team doing things like that. Its over. on with the rest of the season and the playoffs.

Bubba-Joe
10-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Dang if folks aint touchy these days.

score was 17-6 for your info ***-82

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Strikes me funny, with all the trash talking prior to that game by Snyder, that all we seem to be hearing now, is that "it's over, get on to the next one"......i wonder if that would be what we would be hearing, had they won that game......hmmmmmmmm.... :thinking: :thinking: :D

SnyderMom
10-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Strikes me funny, with all the trash talking prior to that game by Snyder, that all we seem to be hearing now, is that "it's over, get on to the next one"......i wonder if that would be what we would be hearing, had they won that game......hmmmmmmmm.... :thinking: :thinking: :D

=) Probably not. hehehe But we lost, we didn't play to potential, and Sweetwater has a kick a$$ defense, missing players or not.

Bubba-Joe
10-18-2005, 11:05 AM
SEE that is why everybody loves MOM's
they always speak the truth no matter how hard it is to admit
God Bless the MOM's

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
=) Probably not. hehehe But we lost, we didn't play to potential, and Sweetwater has a kick a$$ defense, missing players or not.

Potential...that's all Snyder has! Look at the schools history. 1 SEMIFINAL TRIP!!! Until they establish something better...it's just merely potential...

SpreadtheRed
10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
This message board is kinda boring w/ out the Snyder people talking trash, but now they have nothing to say but, " It's over!" Snyder lost and they said they were not to be stopped. Snyder will prolly choke in the 1st round of the playoffs since they will get the honor of playing a #1 seed.

sweetwater07
10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
monahans (if they beat greenwood) will school snyder.......!!

zeus63
10-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Wylie people should be careful here. I know plenty about the open recrutiment of players and the fact that they have an imcome based community (Meaning if you don't make enough moeny you can't live there.) I also know a little about the way Wylie school district messes with the schools initial enrollment at realignment to keep themselves 3A. Should have gone to 4A a LONG, LONG time ago. So, don't talk about potential when your school's district bends the rules. If it wasn't for that you wouldn't have potential either because all those 4A teams would be kicking the snot out of you.

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 01:52 PM
That sucks that a school would do that. But it is probably just a rumor none the less?

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
Wylie people should be careful here. I know plenty about the open recrutiment of players and the fact that they have an imcome based community (Meaning if you don't make enough moeny you can't live there.) I also know a little about the way Wylie school district messes with the schools initial enrollment at realignment to keep themselves 3A. Should have gone to 4A a LONG, LONG time ago. So, don't talk about potential when your school's district bends the rules. If it wasn't for that you wouldn't have potential either because all those 4A teams would be kicking the snot out of you.

Your humor kills me. Make sure to let everybody know what town you are from though since you feel the need to make these claims so that we can "pin the metaphorical tail on the village idiot." Stupid people...the longer you live...the more you meet! :rolleyes:

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh and i know a handfull of schools who have recruited in the past 5 years. my cousin was recruited by South Lake supposedly. He originally played in California at De La Salle. He has 2 nice rings from there Championship run of 151 games or so! Then for some reason he moved down to South Lake and played his Junior and Senior year and won State 1 time with them. His parents said it was for football reasons because they wanted him to get looked at by good colleges.

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Oh and i know a handfull of schools who have recruited in the past 5 years. my cousin was recruited by South Lake supposedly. He originally played in California at De La Salle. He has 2 nice rings from there Championship run of 151 games or so! Then for some reason he moved down to South Lake and played his Junior and Senior year and won State 1 time with them. His parents said it was for football reasons because they wanted him to get looked at by good colleges.

So his parents moved him down here. That would be their decision, not SLC going on recruiting trips to California to bring in players. When your program is that good, you don't have to go and recruit people because parents will move their kids TO your district so their kid can play on a better team and get a good education. It's part of being a parent.

zeus63
10-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Even the village idiot could see these things happening. What's really interesting is that you chose to find out who was trying to make the accusation instead of denying the claim. Also, remember there are people that might actually know more than you.

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 02:06 PM
So his parents moved him down here. That would be their decision, not SLC going on recruiting trips to California to bring in players. When your program is that good, you don't have to go and recruit people because parents will move their kids TO your district so their kid can play on a better team and get a good education. It's part of being a parent.
They had a coach offer him a starting position if they moved down ther so it was kinda like recruiting i think.I heard Pilot Point and Celina did it for a while also!!

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
They had a coach offer him a starting position if they moved down ther so it was kinda like recruiting i think.I heard Pilot Point and Celina did it for a while also!!

Well geez I was told the same thing by Gainesville when we almost moved there during my freshman year. I guess I better turn them in for it...:rolleyes:

Gobbler Fan
10-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Wylie people should be careful here. I know plenty about the open recrutiment of players and the fact that they have an imcome based community (Meaning if you don't make enough moeny you can't live there.) I also know a little about the way Wylie school district messes with the schools initial enrollment at realignment to keep themselves 3A. Should have gone to 4A a LONG, LONG time ago. So, don't talk about potential when your school's district bends the rules. If it wasn't for that you wouldn't have potential either because all those 4A teams would be kicking the snot out of you. This is a real interesting statement and brings back a story in one of Abilene papers right before the Cuero-Abilene games .For some odd reason they thought it nescessary to compare the avg. yearly income and avg. cost of housing in Cuero along with the % of black's-whites and hispanics in Cuero to Wylies almost all white School ....kinda struck me and a lot of others from around here as an odd thing to do .

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
This topic seems to be getting way off track and out of hand. The game is over with, let's move on. As far as "recruiting" accusations, let it go. If there's a valid gripe, it needs to go to the UIL.

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Well geez I was told the same thing by Gainesville when we almost moved there during my freshman year. I guess I better turn them in for it
funny guy eh!!??!!?!?!:mad:

injuredinmelee
10-18-2005, 02:23 PM

Lets see your proof. If you have it why wouldnt you have gone public with it long long ago? Everyone thinks that Wylie is nothign but Rich kids. Absoultely not the truth. They drive by the school and see Fairway Oaks. All of fairway is NOT wylie. About half of it is Cooper. What about all the Potosi area? Are all the houses out there rich peopel houses? NO!

injuredinmelee
10-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Even the village idiot could see these things happening. What's really interesting is that you chose to find out who was trying to make the accusation instead of denying the claim. Also, remember there are people that might actually know more than you.
What is your proof? You keep talking aobut it lets hear it. We dont have to defend ourselves against pieces of $#*%. Your just throwing out crap and hoping some other morons will buy it.

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
This is a real interesting statement and brings back a story in one of Abilene papers right before the Cuero-Abilene games .For some odd reason they thought it nescessary to compare the avg. yearly income and avg. cost of housing in Cuero along with the % of black's-whites and hispanics in Cuero to Wylies almost all white School ....kinda struck me and a lot of others from around here as an odd thing to do .

Yeah they did the same thing my senior year when we played Everman in the semis and Gatesville in the finals. Needless to say, the Everman article received a HARSH response from me that surprisingly was published in the paper. I wish I could dig it up and find it though, especially the response that I received from the editor and writer of the article. Their justification for writing it was "well the city of Abilene needs to know who they are competing against!" I wrote them back asking "since when did this become cities competing against each other? I honestly dont think that ANY reasonable person has ever thought of a HS athletics competition as "our town vs theirs." The extent of those thoughts are transferred into the high school and turned into the support that we see from fans on Friday nights. It is certainly not something that is supported by those in the Wylie community I can assure you.

injuredinmelee
10-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
This is a real interesting statement and brings back a story in one of Abilene papers right before the Cuero-Abilene games .For some odd reason they thought it nescessary to compare the avg. yearly income and avg. cost of housing in Cuero along with the % of black's-whites and hispanics in Cuero to Wylies almost all white School ....kinda struck me and a lot of others from around here as an odd thing to do .

The article int he Abilene paper last year was totally uncalled for and another example of what a worthless rag the Reporter news is. I called the Paper three different times myself to gripe about comparision.

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Your full of $#*%.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: