5. Wimberley
6. Sinton
7. Gainesville
8. Abilene Wylie
9. Sweetwater
10. Snyder

GS#17
10-18-2005, 09:46 AM
I saw where Bridge City got a few votes as did Barbers Hill. I'm sure some fans here are going to be pretty happy about that! :)

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2005, 09:47 AM
i love how one district has astranglehold on the bottom 3 spots

Adidas410s
10-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i love how one district has astranglehold on the bottom 3 spots

Kinda funny how they moved from #'s 3, 4, and 6 before Wylie lost to Graham down to 8,9, and 10. I guess in two weeks it will then be Wylie up to 6 or 7 and Sweetwater at 8 or 9....and we will have a new #10! :D

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I figured Gainesville would be higher than 7.

KTJ
10-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I figured Gainesville would be higher than 7.

Don't worry. We are usually always underrated during the season.

(see: 2003 when we won State.)

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
yeah yeah we know we know, and yall where definetley underated last year but proved more than what most people thought yall could do.

HighSchool Fan
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
yeah yeah we know we know, and yall where definetley underated last year but proved more than what most people thought yall could do.

i thing being underrated is alot better than being overrated, kinda like yall being overrated last year.

BHBrave08
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I think that this is a better Top 10. It is just a hack at what I think is a fair Top 10.:D

1. Cuero
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Sinton
4. Gainsville
5. Wimberley
6. West Orange - Stark
7. Barbers Hill
8. Cameron Yoe
9. Sweetwater
10. Gilmer

And a back up # 10 if West Orange does a repeat of last year. - West Columbia

mustang04
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i thing being underrated is alot better than being overrated, kinda like yall being overrated last year.

whoa...ill be the first to say, Decatur was in NO WAY overrated last year, they had a bad game and it became their first loss and just happened to be in the playoffs, but i promise u from what i saw of them last year, they coulve brought their "B" game and still made it to state, Decatur was legit last year ill give them that

HighSchool Fan
10-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
whoa...ill be the first to say, Decatur was in NO WAY overrated last year, they had a bad game and it became their first loss and just happened to be in the playoffs, but i promise u from what i saw of them last year, they coulve brought their "B" game and still made it to state, Decatur was legit last year ill give them that

the good teams can win with their b game your right about that. so tell me what game they brought in their biggest game of the year. if not overrated, then maybe chokers is better.

BlueBlood
10-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
I saw where Bridge City got a few votes as did Barbers Hill. I'm sure some fans here are going to be pretty happy about that! :)

Love the Hill but they are not a top ten team without their number one QB.

big daddy russ
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
From what I've heard, it sounds like Wimberley and Palestine may be scarier D1 teams than Sinton. Palestine's handled some pretty tough East TX 4A's along with Waco Connally... only lost to 4A Henderson. Everyone I've talked to says Wimberley is on a mission. Sinton's top ten material, but those two teams are supposed to be insane.

Johnny Utah
10-18-2005, 01:03 PM
If Bandera gets in, Wimberley goes D2!!! That would be one heck of a D2 Region 4 bracket to say the least!!!

AggiesAreWe
10-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm a little suprised that Henderson beat Palestine. I was able to see Henderson play Nacogdoches when I was up there after being evacuated from Rita. I was not impressed with Henderson, they were too one deminsional on offense and didn't have much speed on defense. Nacogdoches handled them pretty easily. Also, I was a bit suprised how many players Henderson had going both ways for being a middle of the road enrollment size 4A. Henderson beating Palestine doesn't say much for Palestine in my opinion.

big daddy russ
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Maybe not, but Palestine whippin' Connally sure does.

mustang04
10-18-2005, 03:19 PM
the good teams can win with their b game your right about that. so tell me what game they brought in their biggest game of the year. if not overrated, then maybe chokers is better.
i'd rather be a choker than overrated

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 03:24 PM
actually to tell the truth we didnt choke! i played in that game and Wylie just flat out had us pinned from the start. They didnt win state because of luck but because ok skill and they had lots of skilled young men.

Big C
10-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Love the Hill but they are not a top ten team without their number one QB.

New quarterback is doing a great job. He has one heck of an arm.

BHBrave08
10-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Big C
New quarterback is doing a great job. He has one heck of an arm.

Thats true. Pat has done a great job filling Chris's shoes.

PHS Wildcats
10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I'm a little suprised that Henderson beat Palestine. I was able to see Henderson play Nacogdoches when I was up there after being evacuated from Rita. I was not impressed with Henderson, they were too one deminsional on offense and didn't have much speed on defense. Nacogdoches handled them pretty easily. Also, I was a bit suprised how many players Henderson had going both ways for being a middle of the road enrollment size 4A. Henderson beating Palestine doesn't say much for Palestine in my opinion.

Palestine came into the game flat and looking ahead totheir rial Jacksonville. I hope you are not impressed with Palestine, I know who ever's in 22 3A D1 Rep, will know what Palestine is about.

ILS1
10-18-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm a little surprise Giddings isn't in the Top 10!!! But we will find out more about them after Friday!!!!

:D

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
If Bandera gets in, Wimberley goes D2!!! That would be one heck of a D2 Region 4 bracket to say the least!!! Well, I'll see what I can do!!! WOOHO !!! ;) ;)

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 07:46 PM
i agree with the above

c-town_balla
10-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I'm a little surprise Giddings isn't in the Top 10!!! But we will find out more about them after Friday!!!!

:D

Giddings is #11 they are getting 14 votes I think

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 07:48 PM
the good teams can win with their b game your right about that. so tell me what game they brought in their biggest game of the year. if not overrated, then maybe chokers is better. Hey, we aren't talking about the pros here.....have a little heart when talking about these high school kids.....geesh!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 07:50 PM
yeah!!!! thats right!

PlayaJBiehl20
10-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
I think that this is a better Top 10. It is just a hack at what I think is a fair Top 10.:D

1. Cuero
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Sinton
4. Gainsville
5. Wimberley
6. West Orange - Stark
7. Barbers Hill
8. Cameron Yoe
9. Sweetwater
10. Gilmer

And a back up # 10 if West Orange does a repeat of last year. - West Columbia I don't know if Abilene Wylie is number 2 in the state but they are a very good team and Snyder will have their hands full.

Chris Hart
10-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Liberty Hill doesn't even get one vote in the AP? That's rediculous! The writers seem to have forgotten all about them after their loss to Burnet. I'm sure they'll take notice of them again in a few weeks....;)

jakarta101
10-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Top 5 should go like this:

1. Gainsville
2. Cuero
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Sinton
5. Wimberley

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Liberty Hill doesn't even get one vote in the AP? That's rediculous! The writers seem to have forgotten all about them after their loss to Burnet. I'm sure they'll take notice of them again in a few weeks....;)

It's okay, Chris. Rankings? We don't need no stinking rankings. ;)

Stownhorse
10-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
I don't know if Abilene Wylie is number 2 in the state but they are a very good team and Snyder will have their hands full.

Your sick if you think Abilene Wylie doesnt deserve that spot.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Your sick if you think Abilene Wylie doesnt deserve that spot. No I don't think I am because if they're two then Graham is one because Wylie beat Graham. I am not trash talking Wylie, I think they're definitely a top 10 team just not 2nd in the state.

DU_stud04
10-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
No I don't think I am because if they're two then Graham is one because Wylie beat Graham. I am not trash talking Wylie, I think they're definitely a top 10 team just not 2nd in the state.

wylie beat graham?

haha just givin ya a hard time....

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe

It was one game..and Palestine turned around and beat Jacksonville a very salty 4A team.