PDA

View Full Version : I hate Pujols and Eckstein

shellman54
10-17-2005, 11:26 PM
said all i wanted to.

bd62
10-17-2005, 11:44 PM
you cant walk edmonds. he was 3 for 32.let him hit is way on.
pujols is the best hitter in the majors.

noexcuses09
10-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Yeah I don't see why he wouldn't pitch to edmonds

SpreadtheRed
10-18-2005, 01:36 AM
If the Astros wanna go to the WS then they better win game 6 cuz they won't win a game 7, I don't care if Clemens is pitching. Choke! Choke! Choke!

Vrabird
10-18-2005, 06:32 AM
Doesn't this game bring back memories of 1986 against the Mets. 3-0 lead going into the ninth and the Astros can't pull it off in game 5. Needed 3 more outs and they were World Series bound. Bob Knepper had pitched his heart out and the bull pen couldn't hold it. Dykstra and Backman remind me alot of Eckstein and Edmonds. Just had a bad feeling when I saw Pujols in the on deck circle. When Edmonds walked you could see it in Pujols eyes that he was going to take it out of the park (and he would have if the roof hadn't of stopped it.) Just have to hope Oswalt has his stuff and the offense can squeeze out a few runs, because the Cardinals will probably take game 7 if it comes down to it. Don't believe I can stand to watch the next 2 games. I think they do better when I listen to Milo and Ashby on the radio. Regroup Astros and take game 6!!!

gobbler grad
10-18-2005, 07:02 AM
I think you walk Pujols and take your chances with Reggie Sanders...he did strike out to end the inning...Pujols is just too powerful and he 's going to hit it somewhere most of the time...:( I hope they can get a little more run support in game 6 or it could be over...

spiveyrat
10-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Pujols! Damn... love to hate him! Gotta respect his talent, though. :(

lostaussie
10-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I think you walk Pujols and take your chances with Reggie Sanders...he did strike out to end the inning...Pujols is just too powerful and he 's going to hit it somewhere most of the time...:( I hope they can get a little more run support in game 6 or it could be over... no major league manager walks pujols to put the tying run in scoring position. they should have never even been in that position. pitching around edmonds (or whatever the heck he was doing) was the real issue.

AggieJohn
10-18-2005, 08:02 AM
it wasn't that he pitched around edmonds, he was legitimately trying to work the corners on him and edmonds wouldn't take at all....then on the ball four if you watch it over again he didn't release until it was too late which forced the pitch to come up and in....

venomous tat2
10-18-2005, 08:11 AM
I think you walk Pujols and take your chances with Reggie Sanders...he did strike out to end the inning...Pujols is just too powerful and he 's going to hit it somewhere most of the time...:( I hope they can get a little more run support in game 6 or it could be over...

You're Dang right there, Sanders will go for the high heater & the sliders I also though Bagwell should have a crack at tying the game.

Ranger05
10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
You're Dang right there, Sanders will go for the high heater & the sliders I also though Bagwell should have a crack at tying the game. bagwell is still not 100% and doesnt have the power that he use to, next year though i think he we will be back to the bagwell of old.

lostaussie
10-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
bagwell is still not 100% and doesnt have the power that he use to, next year though i think he we will be back to the bagwell of old. i think bagwell will just "be old"

raider red 2000
10-18-2005, 09:23 AM
all of this dosnt matter if the astros score more runs early.

leaving runners on base in scoring position is a killer....worse than the pulos homer.

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 09:35 AM
I think you walk Pujols and take your chances with Reggie Sanders...he did strike out to end the inning...Pujols is just too powerful and he 's going to hit it somewhere most of the time...:( I hope they can get a little more run support in game 6 or it could be over... I know I was screaming....WALK PUJOLS, WALK PUJOLS!!!! I was soooooooooooo mad ...I mean one their worst hitters was coming up next, Sanders.....they have been striking him out the whole series.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......would have been sweet to have closed it in Houston....COME ON STROS....LET'S END THIS!!!!!

rhs78
10-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I know I was screaming....WALK PUJOLS, WALK PUJOLS!!!! I was soooooooooooo mad ...I mean one their worst hitters was coming up next, Sanders.....they have been striking him out the whole series.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......would have been sweet to have closed it in Houston....COME ON STROS....LET'S END THIS!!!!!

I agree,you do not let Pujols have the chance to win the game,take your chances with someone else in their lineup. its very sad that every time the stros get to with one out something negative happens,or is it just me?

UPanIN
10-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Was that a bomb from Pujols or what.

Wow!

I think I would have walked him also and let someome else beat me or tie the game.

GWOOD
10-18-2005, 10:53 AM
It's true what they say: Pujols has replaced Bonds as the most feared batter in MLB. I hold my breath everytime he comes to bat.

I tried to solace myself from last night's loss by thinking that my 2001 Bowman Pujols rookie card probably just went up another $5 (Currently around $50, up from $35 at the beginning of the season).

C'mon Oswalt--Shut 'em down Wednesday evening.

BMOC
10-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Pujols was sitting on that pitch. Either he was going to get the slider, or he was going to get an out. Wish he got the out.:(

venomous tat2
10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
I tried to go to sleep after watching the game and everytime i closed my eyes all i could see was that damn ball hitting the wall
over, and over it was like a nightmare. I was kind of raised up in the dome i used to sell popcorn in the earlt 70's and saw a lot of games then. Last nite's game hurt. I hpoe they bounce back !!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

ro_tex_solja
10-18-2005, 11:56 AM
that pisses me off that lidge slipped up and threw one down the middle cuz if u think about it pujols swings at everything...all series long especially during game 4 when i was watchin him in person he swung at balls in the dirt all night...on the first pitch of his home run at bat last night he gave pujols one in the dirt and he whiffed then next thing u know he kills a pitch down the middle off the freakin glass....i would like to have seen lidge pitch around him in the dirt like his first pitch

BlueBlood
10-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Hard to be mad at Pujols. He is a great player and a good person. I just hope the Astros can overcome that Monday night game--I have my doubts.

Bull's-eye
10-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I tried to go to sleep after watching the game and everytime i closed my eyes all i could see was that damn ball hitting the wall
over, and over it was like a nightmare.

I was having the same visions. :doh: I was at the game with 2 of my best friends. We had struggled with all those painful Astros losses since we were little kids. We counted down as the Astros were 3 outs from going to the World Series. The fans were going crazy like no other game we have ever attended. One more out and then SWOOSH, there was a dead silence. We looked at each other and asked if that homerun really happened?

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 12:26 PM
over, and over it was like a nightmare. I was kind of raised up in the dome i used to sell popcorn in the earlt 70's and saw a lot of games then. Last nite's game hurt. I hpoe they bounce back !!
:mad: :mad: :mad: HA....i just told gobbla2001 that in a IM......I had the same exact thing in my head when i was trying to go to sleep! :D

Bull's-eye
10-18-2005, 12:37 PM
I know Lidge is the MAN, but he had struggled some in the past games. I told my friend that I wished they would leave Wheeler in the game until he got into any kid of trouble. I also heard that Garner asked Lidge if he wanted to pitch to Pujols?

Go Astros!! Win game 6, because we can't go out like this again!

Tackle75
10-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Living in Houston,

Today it feels like everyone just got punched in the stomach. The whole City is in a funk today.

Everyone just has that look in their eye like they just got their candy stolen.

I surely hope they can come back and win it, but i tell you, they seemed pretty deflated.

handNthedirt
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Hate is an awful ugly word to be coming out of such a pretty mouth, boy.

shellman54
10-18-2005, 05:02 PM
two problems with that post.

1. I thought only truckers and inmates told men they had pretty mouths.

2. see above