PDA

View Full Version : Regions II & IV games of the week (8)

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Anyone have suggestions for an awesome game or long-standing district rivalry for either of these? Please post them here. If no one has suggestions by noon Tuesday, I'll continue my research and have the polls up tomorrow afternoon.

Gobbler Fan
10-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Cuero-Gonzales ...Gonzales comes in 4-2 and Cuero comes in 5-0 ....for the Distric lead in 26 3a both come in 2-0 in Distric

pirate4state
10-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Sinton Pirates vs. Mathis Pirates

but Cuero - Gonzales sounds good too!!

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Cuero/Gonzales

lostaussie
10-18-2005, 07:10 AM
reg II i have not looked much at the schedule but i do know atlanta @ liberty eylau is big in 14 3a. another big rivalry game is gilmer @ gladewater. towns are seperated by just 12 miles of state hwy271. i just don't think it will be much of a game .

piratebg
10-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Cuero vs Gonzales

This is the game to watch, and I am going to go against the norm and say Gonzales takes this one.

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Cuero/Gonzales works for me.:)

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 09:39 AM
yah go with Cuero and Gonzales........we don't want to look biased on here!!! :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Cuero vs Gonzales

This is the game to watch, and I am going to go against the norm and say Gonzales takes this one.

9 out of 10 times cuero wins this game... this isnt gonzales 1 time :D

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
yah go with Cuero and Gonzales........we don't want to look biased on here!!! :D :D

Who does Bandera play this week? I think you kinda got ripped off when it went to Ingleside/Aransas Pass a couple of weeks ago. :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Who does Bandera play this week? I think you kinda got ripped off when it went to Ingleside/Aransas Pass a couple of weeks ago. :thinking:

ahhh, I just saw it is Liberty Hill! Maybe that should be the game of the week?:thinking:

I bet it will be a good one!:)

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2005, 10:12 AM

Well, the Bandera/Wimberley game was a big one and I probably should've gone with it. The main reason I didn't was that I honestly didn't think that any of the Wimberley folks would show up on here to talk about it. :( Sorry, YaYa.

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
I don't understand why so few posters have an opinion on this .... they are normally such an opinionated crowd!:D

I have looked at the stats on THSCA and it truly does look like Bandera and Liberty Hill will be a great game!:cool:

LE FAN
10-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Atlanta 3-4 vs Liberty Eylau--5-1.. Dont let those 4 losses fool you Atlanta plays the toughest non district sked in the entire state. Since they quit playing 4A and started playing 3A they have been blowing folks out. This game probably for the district tiltle in 14-3A

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, the Bandera/Wimberley game was a big one and I probably should've gone with it. The main reason I didn't was that I honestly didn't think that any of the Wimberley folks would show up on here to talk about it. :( Sorry, YaYa. Yah, true.....I guess they are too full of themselves to make an appearance on here....oh well, their loss!!!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Yah, true.....I guess they are too full of themselves to make an appearance on here....oh well, their loss!!!!! :D

If it's anything like last year, a few will show up next week. :eek: :eek:

And I decided that Bandera, with their much improved team this year, fully deserves game of the week honors. I'll get it up after I finish working. :) :kiss:

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't understand why so few posters have an opinion on this .... they are normally such an opinionated crowd!:D

I have looked at the stats on THSCA and it truly does look like Bandera and Liberty Hill will be a great game!:cool: Ha, well I guess LHPM and I can go at it!!!! LOL :D

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Ha, well I guess LHPM and I can go at it!!!! LOL :D

Lol....for some reason, I don't see that happening. ;) It would screw up your meet and greet at halftime!:D

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Ha, well I guess LHPM and I can go at it!!!! LOL :D

Just don't order any newts! :p ;)

Gobbla2001
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
If you look at the overall record of the series between Gonzales and Cuero is is actually pretty close with Cuero up a few...

I remember when Gonzales moved back down from 4A in '98... I believe they wen 2-5 or something in district... 1 of those wins was against Cuero, who went 11-4 and lost in the State Championship to Aledo...

The game is IN Gonzales, they defend that place like crazy and they are as tough as nails there, I have never seen a team with as much of a home-field advantage as the Gonzales Apaches...

I think their fight song is enough to make this the game of the week... I'm sorry, may be a rival, but that fight song of theirs gives me chills every time... for those who do not know, it kind of starts out like some native-american war-song... bbrrr ew

Gobbla2001
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM
I also believe Bandera and Liberty Hill should atleast have a share of the game of the week...

To my knowledge, Bandera and Liberty Hill have not had any common opponents this year, so there is no idea what is going to happen now that we know that Bandera is for real as a playoff contender from this district...

This could end up being a mess for Liberty Hill if the defense does not tighten up...

This score could very well be a 50-49 etc... type final...

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 05:47 PM

I have looked at the stats on THSCA and it truly does look like Bandera and Liberty Hill will be a great game!:cool: Wow I just looked on there too, and we don't look too bad !! If we can keep the dat gum ball in our hands, we might have a ball game !! I'm just hoping for good weather, good playing, and no injuries..... :D

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 05:49 PM
YIKES!! I just thought of something.....there won't be a chance for any Astros game Friday, will there???????? :thinking: :eek: :thinking:

lostaussie
10-18-2005, 06:00 PM
nope it will be over by thursday. one way or the other!!!!!!!!!

LE FAN
10-18-2005, 06:17 PM
This is kind of funny all this talk about Cuero, Liberty Hill, Bandera, etc, They are great teams but the last time i looked they are not in Reg II. I still think the Reg II game should be Atlanta/Liberty Eylau or Gilmer/Gladewater

Gobbler Fan
10-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Maybe thats because this thread is for region II and region IV game of the week. :rolleyes: *hehe I actually had to go back and make sure*

Gobbla2001
10-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by LE FAN
This is kind of funny all this talk about Cuero, Liberty Hill, Bandera, etc, They are great teams but the last time i looked they are not in Reg II.

No, THAT is funny...

SintonFan
10-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I also believe Bandera and Liberty Hill should atleast have a share of the game of the week...

To my knowledge, Bandera and Liberty Hill have not had any common opponents this year, so there is no idea what is going to happen now that we know that Bandera is for real as a playoff contender from this district...

This could end up being a mess for Liberty Hill if the defense does not tighten up...

This score could very well be a 50-49 etc... type final...
I agree D. This week would be a great time for there to be another split game of the week.
Also in hindsight? BANDERA SHOULD HAVE BEAT WIMBELEY... Four turnovers killed the Dawgs. LH and Bandera will be a great game. Too bad I'll have to miss it.:( :( :eek: :( :(

Bandera YaYa
10-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I agree D. This week would be a great time for there to be another split game of the week.
Also in hindsight? BANDERA SHOULD HAVE BEAT WIMBELEY... Four turnovers killed the Dawgs. LH and Bandera will be a great game. Too bad I'll have to miss it.:( :( :eek: :( :( Well, the turnovers did do us in, in the end....and I honestly thought, after all the talk on here and all the top whatever lists they are one, that they would KILL us...and they didn't. We have got to get past trying to beat ourselves and hold onto that ball!! I hope we are at the top of our game against LH...we'll need to be.... :D

lostaussie
10-18-2005, 08:26 PM
This is kind of funny all this talk about Cuero, Liberty Hill, Bandera, etc, They are great teams but the last time i looked they are not in Reg II. I still think the Reg II game should be Atlanta/Liberty Eylau or Gilmer/Gladewater i don't think he relized it was for both regions and well' ya'll have a lot more folks than us. atlanta -l/e for reg II. much better game than gilmer/ gladewater..........i hope.

44INAROW
10-18-2005, 11:03 PM
This is kind of funny all this talk about Cuero, Liberty Hill, Bandera, etc, They are great teams but the last time i looked they are not in Reg II. I still think the Reg II game should be Atlanta/Liberty Eylau or Gilmer/Gladewater

At least he knows what region Atlanta, Liberty Eylau, Gilmer and Gladewater are in :D :D :D

SintonFan
10-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Well, the turnovers did do us in, in the end....and I honestly thought, after all the talk on here and all the top whatever lists they are one, that they would KILL us...and they didn't. We have got to get past trying to beat ourselves and hold onto that ball!! I hope we are at the top of our game against LH...we'll need to be.... :D
One thing that is really great about your district is that almost all the teams there(don't know about Brady and all :confused: ) do what they do well, and they do it well indeed. Starting with LH they run a great Wing-T, as does Llana now(who isn't bad at it in there first year). Wimberely runs an even offense as does Bandera and Ingram is good in their own right. Each team excells at their stengths. I needed to see that in person like I did a couple of weeks ago(even though it was just one game). Looking at the district stats gave me some perspective on top of it. There is no guarantee that Bandera will make the playoffs because your district is very strong, but they look good and are good at what they do. A LH loss won't mean that yall won't make the playoffs but from what I saw the Bulldogs should make decent run in the playoffs if they make it. This LH game will be a pretty good one period. Good luck to both teams and play injury-free.:)

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
play injury-free.:)

That is the most important thing! :)