PDA

View Full Version : 24-3A Tuesday Night Games

GS#17
10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
With the game postponements due to Hurricane Rita, 24-3A is playing three games in eight days. This is the second of the three games, with the next game coming this Saturday. Since games were played Friday evening, district teams were left with one day preparation (today) for their next opponent. It should be interesting to see how things unfold, and there are some big games on tap for tomorrow evening.

Tuesday night:

Bayou Bowl: Bridge City (4-0, 1-1) vs. Orangefield (2-2, 0-1)
West Orange-Stark (5-0, 1-1) vs. Hardin-Jefferson (2-2, 0-1)
Hamshire-Fannett (2-3, 1-0) vs. Anahuac (2-3, 0-1)

setex
10-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Hamshire-Fannett and Anahuac could be interesting. WOS and Bridge City should win by 50.

GS#17
10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
I really believe that HF-Anahuac game is tremendously important to both teams. It should be a really good game, and the result could seriously influence the playoff picture.

Supertilley
10-18-2005, 06:58 AM
wo-s didn't lose a district game did we.

3ABirdMan
10-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Bayou Bowl: Bridge City (4-0, 1-1)
West Orange-Stark (5-0, 1-1)

Not to be picky or anything, but this should read

Bridge City (4-0, 1-0)
West Orange-Stark (5-0, 1-0)

Both BC and WOS have played 1 district game, and won.

Rainman
10-18-2005, 08:42 AM
The game with H-F and Anahuac will be of little consequence as I still say that H-J will win out after tonights lose to WO-S making them the third place team.

GS#17
10-18-2005, 09:31 AM
I got to typing too fast and hit the "1" on accident. Both BC and WOS are undefeated, which, of course, would also mean they have no losses in district. My bad...

I may be way off here, but I really don't think there's too much difference between HJ, HF, Anahuac, and OF -- none are head and shoulders above the others. I wouldn't be surprised if any of them finish in third place. However, whoever loses tonight's Anahuac-HF game will be behind the eight ball, though.

3ABirdMan
10-18-2005, 10:33 AM

I may be way off here, but I really don't think there's too much difference between HJ, HF, Anahuac, and OF -- none are head and shoulders above the others....

And that's a shame, too. H-J's big back (#8), who I shall leave nameless, has a ton of talent, size and speed. It is my opinion, however, that he doesn't have the most important part to be hugely successful - HEART!

Against BC, if he was held for no gain to a minimal 1-2 yard gain, he was the last player off the ground and on his feet, and the last back to the huddle. On a good gain, 5-8 yards, he was the FIRST one up off of the ground, and FIRST back to the huddle. His counterpart (?#21?) ran a lot harder, busting into and through the line, dragging bodies with him, pouring out effort, while #8 only put out the minimum.

I'm NOT trying to dog on the kid - Please don't think that! I just believe that, after watching him for 3 years and seeing what he is CAPABLE of, he doesn't use all of his potential. And really, that's a good thing for the opponent, because this kid could be a great HS back!

chaingang
10-18-2005, 11:06 AM
With the game postponements due to Hurricane Rita, 24-3A is playing three games in eight days. This is the second of the three games, with the next game coming this Saturday. Since games were played Friday evening, district teams were left with one day preparation (today) for their next opponent. It should be interesting to see how things unfold, and there are some big games on tap for tomorrow evening.

Tuesday night:

Bayou Bowl: Bridge City (4-0, 1-1) vs. Orangefield (2-2, 0-1)
West Orange-Stark (5-0, 1-1) vs. Hardin-Jefferson (2-2, 0-1)
Hamshire-Fannett (2-3, 1-0) vs. Anahuac (2-3, 0-1)

What time is the WOS game? Can anyone tell me?

ALLSPORTSGUY
10-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
What time is the WOS game? Can anyone tell me?

6 pm