PDA

View Full Version : Teams effected by Rita?

Paratrooper
10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Were their any teams severely effected by Rita, such as gaining or losing key players by relocation?

bulldogbark
10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I would say so. :)

Bandera YaYa
10-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Were their any teams severely effected by Rita, such as gaining or losing key players by relocation? well, you prob have a good reason to just be bringing this up......... :p :D

RoTexRider3
10-17-2005, 07:29 PM
I heard Jasper only has 13 players after Rita.....

bulldogbark
10-17-2005, 08:04 PM
we suited out everybody when we played Buna, but we will be ok. we will be there when the time counts:)

Paratrooper
10-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
well, you prob have a good reason to just be bringing this up......... :p :D

Actually I don't. I was just curious. I no longer live down there, but still support the teams. I was just curious which teams took a heavy blow to their personel or gained key personel. No hidden agenda's.

Old Cardinal
10-18-2005, 03:15 PM
This is an interesting question, here is my info accumulated--
Incoming from Katrina:
There were five D I moving to a 3A school in Orange County. Three instead were invited to play together at Pensacola, FL and two went back to play at schools closer to New Orleans; thus, this school only gained one 6' 1' 280# player. No other 3A schools gained Katrina evacuee players.
Those leaving permanently because of Rita:
This is the latest info that I have attained:
BC lost none, OF lost none, WO-S lost 2 JV players.
It was quite interesting, however, our Orange County 3A athletes were being invited to play as far away as Oklahoma!, and all over Texas--ALL SPORTS--both boys and girls.
It was not wholesale recruitment in many cases just very friendly invitations.
It is interesting in these athletes all came home somehow to their own schools.
This info was hard to come by and changed from day-to-day and I just hope it is accurate as of today.

WOS92
10-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Actually, I believe WO-S lost two linemen - one to Humble and one to Richmond Foster. Which school had five DI players coming? I know WO-S had one varsity player from NO enroll, the others were all JV.
Jasper lost its starting QB and RB. I'd say that's pretty significant, considering their roles.

j_dog
10-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Actually, I believe WO-S lost two linemen - one to Humble and one to Richmond Foster. Which school had five DI players coming? I know WO-S had one varsity player from NO enroll, the others were all JV.
Jasper lost its starting QB and RB. I'd say that's pretty significant, considering their roles.
Just posted on another thread, Tod Hunt, RB is back as of today. Suddenly things don't look nearly so bleak for Jasper. :) :clap:

GreenMonster
10-18-2005, 11:40 PM
WOS

WOS1
10-18-2005, 11:50 PM
WO-S lost 2 starters on their varsity offensive line. Both were good athletes with good size. We did gain a good one from Chalmet High in New Orleans. The size that OC portrayed is fairly accurate. He's a good one, but we lost 2 good ones.

spiveyrat
10-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Just posted on another thread, Tod Hunt, RB is back as of today. Suddenly things don't look nearly so bleak for Jasper. :) :clap:

:eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: