PDA

View Full Version : Diboll head coach on net talking about Moye

andy_dufresne
10-17-2005, 12:52 PM
I will have an interview with Coach Vanover from 5:40-6:00 this afternoon. He will address in detail the Gilbert Moye embroglio. Very interesting interview.

Tune in at: www.espn1260.net

eagle2
10-17-2005, 12:58 PM
From everything I have read about this ongoing saga, I tend to think that Diboll is doing everything they can to get this player. Stopping short of actually recruiting the kid. First he is denied by the district committe, then the U.I.L. denies the appeal, and now the player has a home in Diboll after some hard work on the phones by the Diboll faithful. Just an honest opinion on the matter. Sounds as if Diboll needs a QB, since they are down to their 3rd stringer.

andy_dufresne
10-17-2005, 01:06 PM
I understand how on the surface it looks like that. There's no doubt he makes Diboll a better team. I'm in the minority here, but I don't think he steps in and makes the team a tremendosly better one. Yes, he gives them added depth, but Diboll still has issues at the line and their receiving game has been a little inconsistent.

Tune in if you can and see (listen) for yourself. It is on the up and up. This is a kid whose life has been destroyed. I forsee him playing this week against Rusk b/c a lot of efforts have been exausted to keep him from playing. There is nothing shady about him going to play there. He just wants to play ball.

Hupernikomen
10-17-2005, 01:10 PM
You aren't so naive as to think he just wants to play...

eagle.eyes
10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Exactly Huper.....On a side note it will take 3 Moyes to help Diboll out. They have other issues than just the QB situation.

Keith7
10-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

why would he move to a worse team if that wasn't the case??

eagle.eyes
10-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Keith, think about it a little longer.

JasperDog94
10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
why would he move to a worse team if that wasn't the case?? Rumor has it that Jasper has been wanting to move Moye to receiver for some time now. This may, and I stress MAY, have been an out for him.

Keith7
10-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Rumor has it that Jasper has been wanting to move Moye to receiver for some time now. This may, and I stress MAY, have been an out for him.

oh so i'm guessing Moye had been beaten out for the starting spot in Jasper??

JasperDog94
10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
No, I don't think that was the case. I think they thought they could replace Moye with someone that's maybe a little less mobile but with more accuracy and just see if the defenses could cover Moye. Can you imagine Jasper with a great running game, and an accurate passer, AND Moye as a receiver.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hupernikomen
10-17-2005, 02:42 PM
No, I don't think that was the case. I think they thought they could replace Moye with someone that's maybe a little less mobile but with more accuracy and just see if the defenses could cover Moye. Can you imagine Jasper with a great running game, and an accurate passer, AND Moye as a receiver.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think it would be iffy to put him at receiver. I could see him moved to one of the backs in the 3 back set that they ran last year. His handling of the ball and passing accuracy certainly were a cause for concern. His big play skills with the ball in his hand were never in question. I just don't know if we could have given him enough touches of the ball at receiver. Of course, it sure wasn't a problem for Burnet getting shipley the ball..they did a fairly good qb though.

JasperDog94
10-17-2005, 02:44 PM
But he would be open 99% of the time.

WOS1
10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
If he JUST wanted to play, why wouldn't he go back to the place he's played for the last 2 years? There's more to this story. It's not like he's half way across the state from Jasper. There an hour apart, the UIL knows this too, that's why he's getting so many problems from them. They didn't make all these exceptions for evacuee's so someone could use it to jump ship because they don't like where they're playing anymore.

JasperDog94
10-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Let's not forget that the district committee also disallowed him. Something's just not right about this.

bulldogbark
10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
well go to www.jasper-bulldogs.com and you will read straight from gilberts words why he moved,,, under post Gilbert Moye he has posted a reply

andy_dufresne
10-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Can someone check and see if the streaming is working?

www.espn1260.net

Just wanted to make sure. Coach Vanover will be on around 5:40.

bulldogbark
10-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Yep it is working for me:)

Gobbler Fan
10-17-2005, 03:49 PM
The reply by Moye on the Jasper board more than explains his reasoning for leaving Jasper . The kid seem's genuine it's the fans that are the ones being 2-faced on this issue ....if Moye would have returned to Jasper he would be the next Michael Vick but as it is It looks like he is going to play football in Diboll Jasper is better off without him and they have a QB that is even better waiting in the wings---or so say the Jasper Faithfull :confused:

andy_dufresne
10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
How juicy would a Diboll/Jasper bi-district game be? Last year 'dogs got a good test in a 13-0 win at Abe Martin in Lufkin.

bulldogbark
10-17-2005, 03:54 PM
come on gobbler who do you suggest we put in as qb,,,,are maybe we shouldnt have one. we have to back who we have. and I hope moye does well were he is at. but one man does not make a team. so we find someone else, we back that person and we cheer for him. thats it.

Gobbler Fan
10-17-2005, 04:03 PM
All you have to do is read all the negative comments about the kid on the Jasper board ...you think they dont read these boards ? I hope Jasper finds someone as talented as Moye was to fill the QB position ----seem's to me like leading your team to the state finals and almost winning the game on his ability alone is some big shoes to fill ...but the kids attitude and ability get questioned when he has a couple of so-so games this year then it gets even worse when he goes to Dibloll to play football for personal issues .Like I said I hope everything works out for Jasper and for Moye .

JasperDog94
10-17-2005, 04:04 PM
What are we supposed to say about the new QB? That he could never fill Moye's shoes? Yeah, that would build his confidence and promote team morale.:rolleyes:

We're just gonna keep supporting our team, just like any fan would.

Gobbler Fan
10-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Rumor has it that Jasper has been wanting to move Moye to receiver for some time now. This may, and I stress MAY, have been an out for him.

Little jabs like this are what im talking about .............Support your new QB but do it in positive way's no need to say Moye couldnt do this or was doing this wrong .Just give the kid a pat on the back and wish him the best of luck let him know how nice it was to get to see him play for Jasper when he was there . After reading his post I felt bad for the kid and I dont even know him personally . Just my Random thought's on this issue .

JasperDog94
10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
You'll be hard pressed to find where I said that he was doing anything wrong. If that's the way it came across, then I apologize. That's not the way it was meant.

I heard the receiver comment after the 2nd game of the season, but just blew it off. After Moye left for Dibol, I wondered if there was more to it. That's all.

mistanice
10-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey andy, I can just listen to it on the radio right? 1260 am?

andy_dufresne
10-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes indeed. It's on 1260 AM as well. We'll reach up to Jacksonville and down to Livingston or so, but also on espn1260.net.

Hupernikomen
10-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

I didn't listen to the interview but I imagine it echos what the person representing himself on the jasper forum said..if so I was way wrong and apologize. I still wish Moye the best as I have from the beginning of this saga.

andy_dufresne
10-18-2005, 03:19 PM
I will replay Coach Vanover's comments on Gilbert Moye today around 5:45/5:50.

www.espn1260.net