PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales Apaches

pancho villa
10-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Great win over Yoakum. Beat Edna!

raider red 2000
10-17-2005, 10:48 AM
looks like the necks will have a firstt round bye :)

unless the apaches lose out

pirate4state
10-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
looks like the necks will have a firstt round bye :)

unless the apaches lose out

:confused:

scrub c
10-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Heck, we just hope we make the playoffs.

we still have Sweeny, Palacios, and Needville.

Gobbla2001
10-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Did you just type PALACIOS? Ha...

What are they doing this year anyway? Heard they started off strong at 3/4-0 or whatever, but they did last year too, right?

Necked
10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Heck, we just hope we make the playoffs.

we still have Sweeny, Palacios, and Needville.

Dang it Scrub C! You made me shoot Dr Pepper out my nose & all over my keyboard!

Necked
10-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Great win over Yoakum. Beat Edna!

Careful there Pancho, seems like your advocating violence against women!

Gobbla2001
10-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Necked

That's what I was thinking, this is rediculous, please edit his post, moderators...

On a more serious note, I think Gonzales will beat Edner but lose to Cuero and Hallettsville... Yoakum should lose to atleast Cuero or Hallettsville and Luling will lose to Yoakum and Hallettsville...

Final standings should be (In my opinion)

Cuero (5-0)
Hallettsville (4-1)
Gonzales (3-2)
Yoakum (2-3)
Luling (1-4)
Edna (0-5)

sweetwater07
10-17-2005, 12:47 PM
dang it ...start suckign gonzales...i want cuero to go D1 not yall!!!!!

gobbler grad
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

On a more serious note, I think Gonzales will beat Edner but lose to Cuero and Hallettsville... Yoakum should lose to atleast Cuero or Hallettsville and Luling will lose to Yoakum and Hallettsville...

Final standings should be (In my opinion)

Cuero (5-0)
Hallettsville (4-1)
Gonzales (3-2)
Yoakum (2-3)
Luling (1-4)
Edna (0-5) [/B]

that's my opinion too Gobbla...looks real...:thinking:

Gobbla2001
10-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
dang it ...start suckign gonzales...i want cuero to go D1 not yall!!!!!

Not being a smart-ass, just saying this out of respect for a program such as Sweetwater's... Do not worry about which division Cuero goes, if your team brings their A-game every week they atleast have a 'chance' to beat whoever they want... For all we know right now, Sweetwater could demolish Cuero, though I highly doubt it (not a knock, just saying I can't see anyone demloshing Cuero, beating yah, demolishing no) :p

But do not think that since Cuero is #1 that it means we're unbeatable, we have problems we need to work out just as much as any other team does...

Whether it be D1 or D2, these Cuero boys want to play the best, and I'm sure your Mustangs do too...

Bring it!

Adidas410s
10-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I can think of at least one Wylie fan who will be happen to hear this...

chaingang
10-17-2005, 05:39 PM
I know this has nothing to do with this topic(Idont want to start a new thread for this) but I want some info on Cuero. Have they always been 3A? What is yalls overall record? I know yall have one of the best programs but i just want some info.

Gobbla2001
10-17-2005, 05:46 PM
We were 3A in the 70's, but these days the 3A 'back then' is referred to as the 'Old 4A'... so the finals in '70, '73, '74 and '75 are considered as 4A appearances for the Gobblers... when the 'current 4A' appeared in 1980 Cuero was in the class until 1981, going 12-8 I believe... Dropped back down to the 'current 3A' in '82, have been to 6 championship games since then...

I forget the count, but last year we had won atLEAST our 580th game, wish I wouldn't have lost the count...

Also a 44 game win streak (3rd best all time behind Abilene High and Celina) from '73-'75 (hint our beloved poster 44INAROW)...

Proud tradition, no doubt... of course we'd prefer being atleast 5-5 in state championship games rather than 3-7, but you win some you lose some, teams would kill for a 3-7 record in the big 'n...

chaingang
10-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Teams would kill just to BE in the Championship game.

Wow, thanks for the update! I didnt know yall had such a great history.

Gobbla2001
10-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Teams would kill just to BE in the Championship game.

Wow, thanks for the update! I didnt know yall had such a great history.

As for now, though, we are looking better each week...

I had the chance to see your Mustangs play Bay City in Pearland this year... I have always respected WO-S's tradition and it was a treat to finally get to attend one of their games... Surprised by the amount of players y'all had, you'd think there would be more, but there's no doubt that the players who ARE on the team, bench or not, are top-notch...

I was also very impressed by your fans... You guys are located a ways away from Pearland as far as I know and y'all brought a very large, energetic crowd... Obviously, someone forgot to tell them that it wasn't a playoff game :D

From what I saw, WO-S would for SURE be a worthy opponent, or Cuero would be a worthy opponent, whichever way you look at it... Would be a slobber-knocker from what I saw... but it doesn't look like it's gunna happen this year...

cdlvj
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Necked

I believe it was Ganado people who say that they sleep between Edna and Louise!!!!!!!!