PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod is A-Cry baby

Green Ranger
10-17-2005, 10:27 AM
I usually do speak out on this forum but this is one of those times. There was the first bit of crying when A-Rod blamed the Texas Rangers for the Yankee's lost as the Rangers removed alot of their starting line up in their last regular season game which they lost. Other than the fact, that the Yankees went out and partied when they clinched their spot in the play-offs and all they had to do was win their last game to wrap up home field advantage. Having a hang over could have been the thing to blame rather than the Rangers as the Yankees lost that game then went on to be put out of the Play-offs in the first round. Now this article, and I am not taking away from A-Rod's loss. However why isn't this A-Rod stating this. Read for yourself:

Updated: Oct. 17, 2005, 2:38 AM ET
A-Rod's mom: Uncle's death affected performanceAssociated Press

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Alex Rodriguez played poorly in the Yankees' American League Division Series loss in part because he was saddened by the death of the uncle who raised him, the slugger's mother said in an interview published in a local newspaper Sunday.

Lourdes Navarro said her son kept the Sept. 30 death of his uncle to himself because he was committed to helping his team win.

"I think he should speak with the team and tell them that his uncle, who was like his father because he raised him since he was 8, died in a hospital in Miami," Navarro told Listin daily newspaper.

Navarro didn't say what caused the death of Augusto Bolivar Navarro, who was her last surviving brother.

Rodriquez was hitless in last Monday's 5-3 loss to the Anaheim Angels that sent the Yankees home for the year, and finished the five-game series with no RBI and a .133 batting average.

"I know how much he suffered from the death of his uncle without being able to do anything, from listening to me crying and not being able to be there," she said, suggesting some New York fans were being unfair to her son.

"I would like ... for the baseball fans to know that my son is a great human being, that they're seeing a human and not a robot, that he can fail, especially when there are reasons like this," she said.

Navarro said Rodriguez spoke with his uncle for three hours by phone the day before he died.

"We buried him in Santo Domingo ... [Rodriguez] didn't come because of the high sense of responsibility that Alex has for his work," she said.

Rodriguez, baseball's only $25 million-a-year player, is a strong MVP candidate after batting .321 during the regular season with 48 homers and 130 RBI.

Again Prayers for his family, I am not a Yankees family, but even the Yankees and the US would not have blamed him had he gone home for the funeral. This just seems to me like they are trying to makes excuses after the fact as he was hitless. Quarter Million player who didnt produce sure can cry alot. Just my two cents take it or leave it.

KTJ
10-17-2005, 10:32 AM
More like A-Rod's mom is the crybaby.

But I don't care.