PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of The Pirates

maroonpirate04
10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
The Sinton Pirates are ready to load their cannons and sail out to the gulf and do battle against the Mathis Pirates the fight for the buried treasure on the grounds of Mathis High School in 2004 Sinton protected it's treasure on the grounds of SHS. :D Go Sinton!! Where The Real Pirates Rule 30-3A:D

OnceABucJr
10-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Now you sound like BPhill?

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Amos Blanch gets like... hmmm 40 yards total and sinton rolls...

stickandmove
10-17-2005, 10:04 AM
I say the pirates will win this one.

District303aPastPlayer
10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by stickandmove
I say the pirates will win this one.

good call...

Phil C
10-17-2005, 10:35 AM
I say Sinton will win but the Mathis Pirates won't be the same team that got beat by Ingleside. They will be at their best which is good indeed - you can ask Odem about that. Plus as you know when these two teams play you can throw out the records. And when a team is beaten bad the week before many times they come back the next week with a terrible vengence and resolve.

Blastoderm55
10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Hate to root against the alma mater, but it looks like Mathis is going to have another 0-4 district campaign if they played like they did against Ingleside. Daniel Ramirez is going to have another field day on the Pirate secondary. Ah well, maybe the big city system will work with the tiny city talent next year.

stickandmove
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
I expect Mathis to bring their A game. It all depends on how Sinton wants to respond. If they shut down that stud r.b and keep their offense sharp they should be ok.

pirate4state
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Hopefully the Sinton Pirates can come out and take care of business for 4 full qtrs. I know 2nd half is (Sinton) Pirate half, but I'd sure like for them to be "in control" going into the 3rd qtr! :clap:

stickandmove
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hopefully the Sinton Pirates can come out and take care of business for 4 full qtrs. I know 2nd half is (Sinton) Pirate half, but I'd sure like for them to be "in control" going into the 3rd qtr! :clap:

what is the problem in the first half of there games?

what do they do differnt in the second half?

piratebg
10-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Sinton can't seem to come out and dominate in the 1st half. Turnovers and botched plays always bring them down. That is what keeps their games so close going into the 3rd quarter. Sinton will beat Mathis, but like every game this season, the Sinton will allow Mathis to stay in the game until mid 3rd or early 4th quarter.

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Daniel Ramirez is going to have another field day on the Pirate secondary.

Daniel can certainly throw some long bombs. That kid has an arm and alot of time to throw the ball, thanks to his O Line!

Sinton should win this one easily when they shut down the Mathis running game. JMHO!;)

SINTON81
10-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Sinton wins 40-0 or 14-0.:cool:

piratebg
10-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Sinton 31
Mathis 13

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Sinton fans: What will this team have to do inorder to get out of region 4 playoffs. It looks like Cuero will be in div 2 now, so Sinton should be the odds on favorite to get to the final 4.

In the paper it shows the defense strong every week with the offense putting up 300+ yds in the air their last 3 games

Is the offense that good or does no one know how to defend the spread near the coast?

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by stickandmove
Sinton fans: What will this team have to do inorder to get out of region 4 playoffs. It looks like Cuero will be in div 2 now, so Sinton should be the odds on favorite to get to the final 4.

In the paper it shows the defense strong every week with the offense putting up 300+ yds in the air their last 3 games

Is the offense that good or does no one know how to defend the spread near the coast?

Sinton has one of the best undiscussed reciever in the area. mr burk is perhaps the most clutch player on the team. but they dont run the ball.. which is the problem...

SintonFan
10-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Sinton has one of the best undiscussed reciever in the area. mr burk is perhaps the most clutch player on the team. but they dont run the ball.. which is the problem...
Shhh....;)
We don't talk about these guys.:D

SINTON81
10-19-2005, 07:55 AM

We found out against AP that if we put the right people it the backfield, we can run the ball. We did it for all of about four plays in a row and then went back to the pass.:confused: :confused:

AJ_2005
10-19-2005, 03:25 PM
i want to say mathis but the got crushed by ingleside...who was the player from mathis that got hurt..?

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by AJ_2005
i want to say mathis but the got crushed by ingleside...who was the player from mathis that got hurt..?

from the news article:

Mathis wide receiver Vinny Sarate was taken by an ambulance to a hospital Friday. Zepeda said Sarate injured his back with 12 seconds remaining in the third quarter of the game and was taken away for precautionary measures.

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Hope that Sinton wins the Treasue Bowl sponsored by Captain Morgans Rum :)

the kitty litter classic is next week in Portland i believe with Calallen going to GP.

AJ_2005
10-20-2005, 08:16 AM
thanks pather mom for the info.....my cousin plays for mathis and that is like his best friend...thanks again

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by AJ_2005
thanks pather mom for the info.....my cousin plays for mathis and that is like his best friend...thanks again

You are most welcome....hope he is doing okay! :)

Johnny Utah
10-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Wonder how much Southlake Carroll runs the ball???????????

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Wonder how much Southlake Carroll runs the ball???????????

they average about 400+ yards a game and are the National Champs in Class 5A... We run the spread which has been altered a bit... your comment was that i need to support... i do... i just Support the Run more than I do the pass based offense when you have RBs that can get it done :)

RiverRat19
10-20-2005, 10:11 AM
your comment was that i need to support... i do... i just Support the Run more than I do the pass based offense when you have RBs that can get it done :)

So are you saying that the QB and receivers are not getting it done? Not to pick on you but from what I have seen, there have been several 300 yd+ passing performances from Sinton this season. And they are undefeated.... Have there been times where they were unable to run the ball and it almost cost them the game? If so, then you definitely have a point. If your concern would be for potential problems in the playoffs (if they make it that far) then I'm sure that bridge would be crossed when appropriate.

Some teams do some things real well. Some teams do a lot of things real well, some teams do nothing well.... The one thing that we want all of our favorite teams to do is what? Run, pass, play good defense, have outstanding special teams? I want my favorite teams to do one thing: win! I personally only have one preferred method... whatever method the players are successful with!!!

Johnny Utah
10-20-2005, 11:21 AM
I have a degree, but choose to use it in an industry that actually can make me money. Some of you need to go get your degrees and coach em up!!!! I am sure you will do a great job with the talent you have. Remember coaches in the high school level live with the talent they have, have to develop it, etc... College coaches get to recruit the talent that fits their program and scheme. Hard job being a high school coach. Just my take on things. How many high school coaches win every year, year in and year out??? Bill Parcels did not make the playoffs last year, does that make him a bad coach????

Fish's mom
10-20-2005, 12:32 PM
I have a degree, but choose to use it in an industry that actually can make me money. Some of you need to go get your degrees and coach em up!!!! I am sure you will do a great job with the talent you have. Remember coaches in the high school level live with the talent they have, have to develop it, etc... College coaches get to recruit the talent that fits their program and scheme. Hard job being a high school coach. Just my take on things. How many high school coaches win every year, year in and year out??? Bill Parcels did not make the playoffs last year, does that make him a bad coach????

You've got to work with what you have. And if you can take the talent that your team has and utilize it to the best of the ability then your a great coach even if you don't win every game.

All with the thread though, I pick Sinton to win but not a blow out 30-22. Good Luck to both team and may it be injury free! And if there are any Mathis posters here, then tell your boys to prove me wrong, my feelings won't be hurt;) Evens the run for the district title HAHAHA

stickandmove
10-20-2005, 12:46 PM
they average about 400+ yards a game and are the National Champs in Class 5A... We run the spread which has been altered a bit... your comment was that i need to support... i do... i just Support the Run more than I do the pass based offense when you have RBs that can get it done :)

District 30 it looks like two quality football fans made good points about your posts on Sinton bashing. If you know so much then start coaching then see how much you like fans second guessing you work when you are 7-0. WOW

I went back to the corpus paper, they are averaging under 2 yds per rushing attempt.

Genius want to mash it down their throats with one of the best q.b in south texas just handing it off.

SintonFan
10-20-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't think d303App is grousing all that much. We know Sinton is having a stellar year that by appearances looks like fans have taken for granted. I don't believe that is the case. There is a major difference in how they are winning this year. As with most programs that are successful over a stretch of years, the depature from the norm can be disturbing. We all know that folks are slow to warm up to change, especially if it differs from what has worked. I think that some of us aren't neccessarily being alarmist just showing genuine concern. The Pirates a doing fine and as always they step it up come playoff time. I'm sure this year will be the same.:)

Johnny Utah
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Brings up a good point. Back in the heyday of the Cameron Yoemen, they ran nothing but the wing t. Now they run nothing but spread!!!! Ask Bellville which is tougher to defend!!!! Cameron in a romp over Giddings!!!!

pirate4state
10-20-2005, 02:42 PM
:confused: SLC...Cameron Yoe...Giddings...last I checked none of their mascots were PIRATES!! :p

Johnny Utah
10-20-2005, 03:10 PM
You are correct, but just stating a fact about schools and programs that run certain offenses. The reference was made that Sinton was once a running team from what I gather, and now they are a passing team. Seems as if some fans are not comfortable with that. SLC passes all the time. Cameron used to run nothing but the wing t and were very successful. Now all they do is run the spread and they are still successful. Bellville runs the wing t with a lot of athletes, very successful!!! Marlin show cases their QB, very successful. Just tired of all the negative talk about certain programs!!!! What is Sinton's record??? Cuero, what do they do??? Wharton???? Burnet???? Coaches have to adapt to the teams strengths!!!!

pirate4state
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
You are correct, but just stating a fact about schools and programs that run certain offenses. The reference was made that Sinton was once a running team from what I gather, and now they are a passing team. Seems as if some fans are not comfortable with that. SLC passes all the time. Cameron used to run nothing but the wing t and were very successful. Now all they do is run the spread and they are still successful. Bellville runs the wing t with a lot of athletes, very successful!!! Marlin show cases their QB, very successful. Just tired of all the negative talk about certain programs!!!! What is Sinton's record??? Cuero, what do they do??? Wharton???? Burnet???? Coaches have to adapt to the teams strengths!!!! Okay...

I read you, LOUD & CLEAR!! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2005, 03:52 PM
If it ain't broke, why try to fix it? :thinking:

SintonFan
10-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If it ain't broke, why try to fix it? :thinking:
In this case I don't see anything being fixed. Just utilizing the kids' strengths for success. :cool:

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
In this case I don't see anything being fixed. Just utilizing the kids' strengths for success. :cool:

I understand your point. But is the team not having success?

SintonFan
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Averaging over 220 yards in the air and 80 on the ground. That's not bad. The defense is very, very good. I believe holding teams under 140 total yards overall. The defense is ranked top 5 in both rush and pass defense for the whole area.:cool:

Ranger354
10-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Most of the time the run sets up the pass, or vise versa. I just hate for Sinton to have all their eggs in one basket. Any team that has gone deep into the playoffs has had to use both to get there.

If you put 4 or 5 on the defensive line to rush the QB, that puts alot of DBs out there to defend the pass.

Maybe Sintons Coach is trying to perfect the pass because he knows what is running backs can do. That Collins kid is a horse.

there is one thing that I learned last week. Our QB has the option to change the play when he feels. And he loves the bomb!

sinton66
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I think it's possible the running game used in the opening quarter of last week's game was Mitchell's way of saying "Listen up fans, we CAN run the ball when we want to." This team is the first I've ever seen from Sinton that seems PERFECTLY comfortable with the passing game, and not only comfortable, but confident in it. That could well have been the intent thus far.

CueroGobblers
10-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Whats up folks. It's going to be a good gm against these two teams. Mathis has to rebound from last week. Sinton wants to keep on winning. I think Sinton is going to lose. Not by much but Sinton needs that loss in order to get that reality check before going into the playoffs. Now if they win on Friday, it's going to set them up in the playoffs. It's going to hurt more when the lose in the playoffs. Hey Sinton fans I have my shoulder so u can cry on.:weeping: I know what I'm telling you. By the way, I'll be at the Mathis gm if anyone wants to meet and greet.

pirate4state
10-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
I think Sinton is going to lose. Not by much but Sinton needs that loss in order to get that reality check before going into the playoffs. Now if they win on Friday, it's going to set them up in the playoffs. It's going to hurt more when the lose in the playoffs. Sinton needs a reality check??. Thanks for the concern. It's so heart warming to know that your worried about our feelings. :) Thanks so much.

maroonpirate04
10-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Good Luck Sinton !!! in the Treasure Bowl :)

SintonFan
10-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Whats up folks. It's going to be a good gm against these two teams. Mathis has to rebound from last week. Sinton wants to keep on winning. I think Sinton is going to lose. Not by much but Sinton needs that loss in order to get that reality check before going into the playoffs. Now if they win on Friday, it's going to set them up in the playoffs. It's going to hurt more when the lose in the playoffs. Hey Sinton fans I have my shoulder so u can cry on.:weeping: I know what I'm telling you. By the way, I'll be at the Mathis gm if anyone wants to meet and greet.
We can meet at halftime and I'll bring the "hanky"...:D
Does the visitor side hold more than 200 or did they expand it? You know the population of Mathis is expected to double tonight.:p

stickandmove
10-21-2005, 12:29 PM
when you don't recruit your players you must adapt to the best offense that fits your personel. I am sure that is what's happening with Sinton. I have always liked that towns dedication to football. I hate to see want a be coaches bash a team that is 7-0.

Blastoderm55
10-21-2005, 12:31 PM
The new visitor's side at Pirate Stadium appears to be smaller than what it used to. It'll probably be standing room only on Sinton's side.

piratebg
10-21-2005, 12:36 PM
No offense to Mathis but there are sardine cans with more room than their stadium.

maroonpirate04
10-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Since I won't be able to go here's my thoughts :clap: Go Pirates!:clap: "Hit 'Em Hard" "Our Team Rules" "Shut 'Em Down"
"We Can't Be Stopped"
:D :D :D :D