20. Daingerfield (6-1)
21. Gilmer (7-1)
22. Kaufman (5-1)
23. Kennedale (6-1)
24. Canyon (6-1)
25. Decatur (5-2)

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 04:49 PM
snyder 15...come on...i mean we lost to a good sweetwater team we still should be in the top ten

Stownhorse
10-16-2005, 04:49 PM
wow... nice to see us in the top ten again.....good job cuero for holding your ranking!!

Stownhorse
10-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
snyder 15...come on...i mean we lost to a good sweetwater team we still should be in the top ten

negative there ghost rider...yall should never have been in the top ten anyways

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Who would you have him drop? :confused:

3afan
10-16-2005, 05:07 PM

thats remains to be seen ... maybe neither s'water or snyder belong in the top 10 ???

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
thank you for being generous with our ranking :)

Rainman
10-16-2005, 05:45 PM
7. Barbers Hill (6-0)

Oh Yeah.

lostaussie
10-16-2005, 07:14 PM
buckeyes win 51-0 and fall to 21st. interesting.............

chaingang
10-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Oh Yeah.

Giving people false hope is so lovely:clap: :D

lostaussie
10-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Who would you have him drop? :confused: very interesting post. i was making a joke when i said "gilmer won 51-0" and dropped. the fact of the matter is we are probably right where we belong, and there are some very good football teams in front of us. i don't know who i would place us in front of on that list, except tatum. but with that being said, either tatum or d madison needs to move up, cause you know whoever comes out of reg.2 is gonna wreak havoc.

Rainman
10-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Giving people false hope is so lovely
Like WO-S moving to 3A and killing every team they play?

RoTexRider3
10-16-2005, 09:55 PM

Why would yall still be in the top 10, when the team yall lost to is barely in the top 10?!?!?

Tidal Wave
10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Snyder was highly overrated when they were in the top 10..now they are about right....and thats putting into consideration that some of Sweetwaters starters were out.......peace!

Adidas410s
10-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
Snyder was highly overrated when they were in the top 10..now they are about right....and thats putting into consideration that some of Sweetwaters starters were out.......peace!
true...true. I wonder about Wylie above Gainesville though. Now come playoff time I like our chances cuz they are likely to have two games that are much harder in Graham and Decatur than Wylie would have...

SnyderMom
10-17-2005, 09:24 AM

Who cares about our rating. That's one of the reasons we didn't show up to play Friday night. Everyone kept saying, we're #3, we're #3. That doesn't mean anything til the end...Friday night our boys didn't even look like a top 25 team. They need to dig down deep and prove they can win, and not worry about the ranking. (Just my opinion)

They're a good team and they know they are, but they let all the hype go to their heads.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
Everyone kept saying, we're #3, we're #3.

They're a good team and they know they are, but they let all the hype go to their heads.

That happens sometimes.

chaingang
10-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Like WO-S moving to 3A and killing every team they play?

ooh low blow. I figure you'd come up with something a little more creative;)

I at least know we would smoke BH:D

RBARKER
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
ooh low blow. I figure you'd come up with something a little more creative;)

I at least know we would smoke BH:D

You can't even smoke Huffman, but I think your smoking something :D

football4life
10-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
true...true. I wonder about Wylie above Gainesville though. Now come playoff time I like our chances cuz they are likely to have two games that are much harder in Graham and Decatur than Wylie would have...

Oh really?:confused:

Necked
10-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
You can't even smoke Huffman, but I think your smoking something :D

Hillarious!

sweetwater07
10-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Cuero..and Gainsville have my votes for the top two!! W-OS didn't play for like 2-3 weeks and they could hve easily lost in those weeks...none the less the are impressive and have my vote for 3rd..............now about sweetwater and snyder...right now i am pleased just about us being in the top ten...Snyder on the other hand.....very generous on their ranking i think!!!!! i would maybe say top 25 if that.......................whats up with gilmer being so low???

AP Panther Fan
10-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
thank you for being generous with our ranking :)

Jerry's has you at #4 right above Cuero this week....:thinking:

:smoker:

GS#17
10-17-2005, 01:09 PM
W-OS didn't play for like 2-3 weeks and they could hve easily lost in those weeks

Just for clarity, WOS had an open week in one of those weeks and were scheduled to play Hardin-Jefferson, which will be made up tomorrow night. They were also scheduled to play Newton, but that game has been cancelled. So, in the end, it should all even out (except for the what-ifs surrounding the Newton game that will not be played).

For what it's worth, I don't think WOS should be considered the second best team in the state at this point. They would have a very difficult time beating a lot of lower-ranked, high-quality teams around the state that have been able to continue practicing for the past few weeks. However, if the discussion is about potential, they still have great athletes that should be up to speed come playoff time and should make a better playoff run than last year.

Black_Magic
10-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Cuero..and Gainsville have my votes for the top two!! W-OS didn't play for like 2-3 weeks and they could hve easily lost in those weeks...none the less the are impressive and have my vote for 3rd..............now about sweetwater and snyder...right now i am pleased just about us being in the top ten...Snyder on the other hand.....very generous on their ranking i think!!!!! i would maybe say top 25 if that.......................whats up with gilmer being so low??? thanks for the wisdom kid! one year on the varsity and ..... never mind.. means alot after your comments the other day and last weeks Wylie game.

District303aPastPlayer
10-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Jerry's has you at #4 right above Cuero this week....:thinking:

:smoker:

link me up

AP Panther Fan
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
I couldn't get the link to work.

Go to www.texasfootballratings.com and then click on weekly package and then state rankings.

District303aPastPlayer
10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Link (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/20053AStateRanks.html)

mwynn05
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
true...true. I wonder about Wylie above Gainesville though. Now come playoff time I like our chances cuz they are likely to have two games that are much harder in Graham and Decatur than Wylie would have... From what i have seen wylie will be okay against Gainesville but when i saw Gainesville they had a bad game so i will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it will be a close game

whtfbplaya
10-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Play the #1 and #9 teams to one point games with great chances to win both and you cant even make the top 25. Come on now.

HighSchool Fan
10-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
From what i have seen wylie will be okay against Gainesville but when i saw Gainesville they had a bad game so i will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it will be a close game

as i've said before, if you would of seen wylie/graham, you would of said wylie doesn't have a chance in the playoffs. one game early in the season doesn't mean very much in the big picture.

HighSchool Fan
10-17-2005, 04:50 PM

i hope gainesville and wylie gets to play each other. i think winner of that wins D1 championship.

chaingang
10-17-2005, 04:59 PM
My, My ... pretty drastic prediction.

Gainsville is a great football team but champions to be they are not.;)

HighSchool Fan
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
My, My ... pretty drastic prediction.

Gainsville is a great football team but champions to be they are not.;)

i can see that you know what champions look like, how old was you the last time WOS won a state championship.

it's unfortunate for the good fans of WOS that you live down there. maybe some of them will come in here and ask you to grow up and chill out.

chaingang
10-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i can see that you know what champions look like, how old was you the last time WOS won a state championship.

it's unfortunate for the good fans of WOS that you live down there. maybe some of them will come in here and ask you to grow up and chill out.

First of all I didnt mean it in a sarcastic way. I was making a opinionated statement.

Secondly, my fellow WOS counterparts dont frequent this board because of people like YOU.

If you have nothing better to do than start $&%# then dont reply to my posts.

Dont worry about how old I am, Im old enough.

Oh and when did I say anything about WOS winning state? I simply said Gainsville will not win state in D1.

Read before you open your mouth.:rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
i really think they don't frequent this board much because of people like you making them look bad. there has been alot of good posters from WOS, it's to bad your not one of them.

chaingang
10-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Ask the people on this board. I believe I have a pretty good reputation.

Now I am done with you and your idiocracy!

Bye!

Steer Fever
10-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Lets not forget about that Graham team... Just a thought.....

Mustangpride09
10-17-2005, 06:19 PM

this is also the only snyder fan that picked us to beat snyder?
at least hes honest with his opinion

Mustangpride09
10-17-2005, 06:20 PM
i still dont and never did agree with mathew's rankings

BHBrave08
10-17-2005, 06:24 PM
WOOOOOO!!! GO BH!!! #7!!! WOOOOOO!!!

3afan
10-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
i still dont and never did agree with mathew's rankings

keep in mind its just one man's opinion - thats all

lets see your poll!

Snyder_TigerFan
10-18-2005, 09:01 AM

I'd take what he says with a grain of salt...the more of his posts I see the more I realize how much he doesn't know, but acts like he does.

big daddy russ
10-18-2005, 10:37 AM
He's from Port Isabel, the southern-most part of Texas. I don't think he has a dog in this fight.

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Man there a lot of love in here!

Paratrooper
10-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Bridge City should be in the top 25. Actually I think around number 20

Mustangpride09
10-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
Who cares about our rating. That's one of the reasons we didn't show up to play Friday night. Everyone kept saying, we're #3, we're #3. That doesn't mean anything til the end...Friday night our boys didn't even look like a top 25 team. They need to dig down deep and prove they can win, and not worry about the ranking. (Just my opinion)

whats this? i seem to remember a certain snydermom that thought their #3 ranking was everything?

NateDawg39
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
LOL i seem to recall the same thing..or am i just being a burden to everyone with my opinionated fact?;)

PlayaJBiehl20
10-18-2005, 08:37 PM
I kinda agree but I mean it was 8-6 to Clyde at halftime.

raider red 2000
10-19-2005, 10:37 AM
will wharton ever make it in this year????

they have lost 3 games....1 to 4a el campo

1 to #1 cuero by one point
1 to #9 West Columbia by one point

i am not sure if wharton deserves it, but just wondering what it will take :)

chaingang
10-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Well in my opinion, if that was their loss record, that seems like a pretty darn good team. One point is very very frustrating. Are these losses out of district?

Black_Magic
10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
I kinda agree but I mean it was 8-6 to Clyde at halftime. and 46-6 at the end of the 4th.

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I'd take what he says with a grain of salt...the more of his posts I see the more I realize how much he doesn't know, but acts like he does.
true!! that guy is from down south...doesn't know anything about 4-3A!!

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
I kinda agree but I mean it was 8-6 to Clyde at halftime.

snyder did pull ahead and beat them like i expected but none the less never should have trailed.........snyder and monahans is what everyone will want to see..after monahans beats greenwood.....

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 12:52 PM
whats this? i seem to remember a certain snydermom that thought their #3 ranking was everything?

funny i remember this too!!!

park place 45
10-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Barbers Hill? Number 7? Just wait till they hit a buzzsaw in week 10 named Liberty. After the way Liberty stopped them on the goal-line at their own house with their crowd....how do they think they are going to win this year at Liberty. Just wait till week 10... Liberty wins...

Liberty-24
BH-21

On a 4th quarter field goal by my boy Miguel Sierra.

BlueBlood
10-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by park place 45
Barbers Hill? Number 7? Just wait till they hit a buzzsaw in week 10 named Liberty. After the way Liberty stopped them on the goal-line at their own house with their crowd....how do they think they are going to win this year at Liberty. Just wait till week 10... Liberty wins...

Liberty-24
BH-21

You seem to forget that BH had already lost their noseguard, a multi-year starter at linebacker, a defensive tackle, two guys in the secondary and two or three players were playing with casts on their arms. That was just on the defensive side of the ball. On offense they had already lost two of their best linemen and had a banged up quarterback. You should have won by 30 (that goes for Huffman also). This year I know they have lost their QB and several others are playing with casts again. All that being said, you don't have a chance in hell of beating BH this year. They would have to lose 6 or 7 more players to injury for you to stay on the field with them.

shellman54
10-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Liberty-24
BH-21

Since when has Liberty been able to kick a field goal?

NateDawg39
10-19-2005, 07:50 PM
From what i have seen wylie will be okay against Gainesville but when i saw Gainesville they had a bad game so i will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it will be a close game
It would be hilarious if both G-ville and Wylie got knocked out in the first round!!! HAAAAA HA!!!:p :thinking: hmmm it would make things very kinky!HEHEHE

sweetwater07
10-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
It would be hilarious if both G-ville and Wylie got knocked out in the first round!!! HAAAAA HA!!!:p :thinking: hmmm it would make things very kinky!HEHEHE

yes, yes it would....don't hold you breath... though it would be hilarious!!!!

89JDAWG
10-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Im shocked only one southeast tx team wos. Our teams will rebound after rita and we should began to peak around playoff time. Jasper scored 40 last Friday and Bridge City is strong. Both teams will beat a BH team(#7?) or liberty.

HillBoy
10-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Bridge City should be in the top 25. Actually I think around number 20

I agree BC should be somewhere in the mix they are having a good year.

Big C
10-20-2005, 09:51 AM

Liberty-24
BH-21

Keep dreaming. BH defense is going to shred Liberty into little pieces. Just ask Huffman.

Rainman
10-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Bridge City is strong. Both teams will beat a BH team(#7?) or liberty.

I agree that Bridge City deserves a spot in the polls.
I have no idea why you put Liberty in the same sentence as Barbers Hill.
First BC already beat Liberty 28-0 and could easily do it again and Liberty will have a tough go to make it to the playoffs with Cleveland, Huffman and Barbers Hill over the next three Friday's.
Jasper was very high in the poll and lost it because they lost. Win and your in.
Put Bridge City in the poll.

neck_94
10-20-2005, 02:46 PM
yeah, I would go with BH too, wish we could have played...

chaingang
10-20-2005, 03:02 PM
BC is a very good team, but will get beat by WOS. I see BC beating Barbers Hill if they meet. The only thing I am unsure about is the third team coming out of our district. I know it wont be Anahuac, but I think Orangefield could make a run if they can beat Hardin-Jefferson of Hamshire-Fannett. I would love to see all three Orange County 3A schools in the playoffs. Now the 4a Orange county schools.........well tahts a different story.

RBARKER rides the short bus:D

Rainman
10-20-2005, 06:45 PM
I know it isn't Anahuac.
I remember when HJ and BH were in district and they always played us in a tough game.
I think and hope that HJ breaks the drought and makes it in to the playoffs.

Paratrooper
10-20-2005, 09:54 PM
BC is a very good team, but will get beat by WOS.

I wouldn't count my chickens just yet. They might just turn to crow.

WOS92
10-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Sad, but I don't remember our third team last year. I thought it WAS HJ. No?

WOS1
10-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Yes, HJ was our third place rep last year and lost to Liberty.

WOS92
10-21-2005, 08:26 AM
So the drought is already over :)

chaingang
10-21-2005, 09:00 AM
I know it isn't Anahuac.
I remember when HJ and BH were in district and they always played us in a tough game.
I think and hope that HJ breaks the drought and makes it in to the playoffs.

Mmmmm Crow. The other other other white meat:D

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 09:06 AM
BC is a very good team, but will get beat by WOS. I see BC beating Barbers Hill if they meet. The only thing I am unsure about is the third team coming out of our district. I know it wont be Anahuac, but I think Orangefield could make a run if they can beat Hardin-Jefferson of Hamshire-Fannett. I would love to see all three Orange County 3A schools in the playoffs. Now the 4a Orange county schools.........well tahts a different story.

RBARKER rides the short bus:D

If I remeber right our district sweep yours last year:thinking: Even big ole WOS:doh:

Chaingang lives on a short bus

WOS1
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
As much as you remind us, it's kind of hard to forget.

chaingang
10-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
If I remeber right our district sweep yours last year:thinking: Even big ole WOS:doh:

Chaingang lives on a short bus

Yeah, ok, Ill go for that. But BH didnt beat WOS. Huffman didnt beat WOS. WOS beat WOS.

Barker's Eagle has Terrets:clap:

Big C
10-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, ok, Ill go for that. But BH didnt beat WOS. Huffman didnt beat WOS. WOS beat WOS.

Excuses, excuses.

Barker's Eagle has Terrets:clap:

89JDAWG
10-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I remember last year when Jasper took liberty behind the woodshed they would have been hard pressed to win a district game in our district. But maybe yall's district is much improved:thinking:

chaingang
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Big C

Hey, editing my quote is cheating!!!!

Just like BH:clap:

chaingang
10-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Big C
Keep dreaming. BH defense is going cry like babies when Liberty cuts them into little pieces. Just ask Huffman.

Big C
10-21-2005, 04:17 PM

I was in a hurry. Here let me redo that for you-

EXCUSES, EXCUSES!

There, is that better.

chaingang
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM
You forgot to Cough, Cough

Big C
10-21-2005, 04:25 PM
You forgot to Cough, Cough

I'd love to stay and chat but it's time for me to go watch BH's defense beat-up on Splendora. Wish us luck, cough, cough!

chaingang
10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Great, I wish Bh all the Lu..................wait, what am I say'n.

Yeah right, I would never let yall have the satisfaction:D

I will say that I hope all the kids stay injury free!!!!!;)

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
I remember last year when Jasper took liberty behind the woodshed they would have been hard pressed to win a district game in our district. But maybe yall's district is much improved:thinking:

Shouldn't yall win two games before you start liping:D

Did I say anything about Jaspers district?????

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 05:08 PM

Big C and I thought you were a BH fan:D

Hey chaingang, I'll be coming out to Lafayette this coming Wednesday on business. Wheres a good place to have dinner? Bring yourself out my treat.

chaingang
10-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Great, Ill pm you.

Got to keep your enemy close:D

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Great, Ill pm you.

Got to keep your enemy close:D

That was funny chaingang. Yes a little bit of tactics on the battlefield never hurts.:D