PDA

View Full Version : Will A. J. Hecker get the School, Distirct or State 3A field goal record?

Old Cardinal
10-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Friday, A. J. Hecker kicked two field goals for Bridge City. They were only 37 and 32 yards; however, they were both into the teeth of a stiff wind. Most folks were quite impressed because they would have easily cleared 45 or 50 yards even with ample wind resistance.

At present Matt Bryant holds the BC school record at 52 yards. You know Matt, he kicks for the Pros nowdays. Well A. J. has been kicking consistantly in the 50s at practice with his best at 58 yards. Can he do it, I think so! He also kicked 6 straight PATs yesterday.
As many that follow 3A football know, he normally kicks it out of the endzone on kickoffs. Friday he was able to kick into the wind on kickoffs and still put it past the goal line!
He is a Senior and is backed up by several good kickers looking for the job next season. I know our soccer star, Carl Carlton, a Junior at present (180 #s) is kicking 48 yards as his best efforts and playing a surprising amount of learning football.
The other Carlton is Sophmore little brother, Patrick, who is the only 10th grader on the squad & also starting for the Varsity(190#s); he will be a D-I prospect in a few years! Both Carltons like their older brother Doug(last year) very smart and very athletic.

Can you share some inside info on your teams' players--it makes for good reading for many 3 A Down Lowers?

mwynn05
10-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Well in high school the hardest part fo a field goal isnt necessarily the kick it's a good snap and solid hold that is pretty quick because when kicking a 53 yard field goal it will be kind of low probably and if tghe snap hold and line arent on par it wont work...it's a team effort

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Ours made a 45 yd one against Ingram. :D

Keith7
10-16-2005, 12:11 PM
we had a kicker a couple of years ago who hit a 56 yarder and a 52 yarder in the same season his name was Jon Lopez... Our newest kicker hit a 50 yarder last season and has plenty of leg to go back further

Keith7
10-16-2005, 12:16 PM
BTW, the state record for the longest field goal is 67 yards

Old Cardinal
10-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Keith, I don't think the 3A record is near that--I have seen it but not willing to say it-- for fear I may be wrong. I think there are several kickers with real potential in 3A this season.

bulldogbark
10-16-2005, 02:03 PM
we got an extra point by bouncing it off one of our linemens head friday. Looked real pretty, since we got the points:) :p

Leopards,class of 75
10-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
we had a kicker a couple of years ago who hit a 56 yarder and a 52 yarder in the same season his name was Jon Lopez... Our newest kicker hit a 50 yarder last season and has plenty of leg to go back further That game was played in 2002 against Celina. I missed this game because I was in Branson, Mo. but got the updates over the cell phone. I.M.O., Lopez was the best kicker that's ever played for Gainesville. I do remember him kicking off and it went thru the goal post more than once.

Keith7
10-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Keith, I don't think the 3A record is near that--I have seen it but not willing to say it-- for fear I may be wrong. I think there are several kickers with real potential in 3A this season.

yea you are right the 3a record is probably shorter but the record for ALL classes is 67, i just looked it up