PDA

View Full Version : Graham vs. Breckenridge

RMAC
10-16-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm gonna take my Steers in this one. They've had the extra week to prepare and our defense has really been stepping it up these past few weeks. Stansell is also going to be back at QB and should be in good shape. Thoughts?

Adidas410s
10-16-2005, 01:15 AM
its either Breck in a close one or Graham in a blowout...depends which Heatley shows up at QB on Friday...

GreenMonster
10-16-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
its either Breck in a close one or Graham in a blowout...depends which Heatley shows up at QB on Friday... I agree with the exception of Graham in a close one or Breck in a blowout. Breck is H.O.T. right now and will bring their A game to this longtime rivalry. New coaches at both schools want this feather in their cap to show off to the boosters. Winner of this game can stake claim to the District title. I am going to pick Breck in this one simply due to their ability to explode on people. 35 - 14.

VWG
10-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I agree with the exception of Graham in a close one or Breck in a blowout. Breck is H.O.T. right now and will bring their A game to this longtime rivalry. New coaches at both schools want this feather in their cap to show off to the boosters. Winner of this game can stake claim to the District title. I am going to pick Breck in this one simply due to their ability to explode on people. 35 - 14.

Is the Buck's defense that good to shut down Graham to only 14 points?

Steer Fever
10-16-2005, 10:13 AM
i dont think so..... i think people will finally see that Graham is not a fluke/un cosistent team.

Predictions:

Graham Big - 45
Breck - 7

injuredinmelee
10-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Graham big.

VWG
10-16-2005, 12:42 PM
You never know on any given Friday night.... but Breckenridge didn't really play anybody before district, with the exception of maybe Bridgeport and 2A Boyd.
Graham, on the other hand, had a very tough non-district schedule.

KTA
10-16-2005, 12:54 PM
After watching both teams play (Breck just against Hirshi) Ive gotta go with Graham, but would not be suprised if Breck won in a close game considering its in Breck. Graham had Hirshi finished in the 1st qtr, while it took Breck midway through the 3rd to get more then that one point first half lead. Hirshis rb was running all over Breck and they have no line, you have to think that Louder is going to run wild. I had originally picked Breck, but after seeing the Graham/Wylie game, and seeing as how Breck struggled with Hirshi (lack of size and depth on both sides of the line) I gotta go with Graham, but im pulling for Breck

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Graham continues to get better each week. With a week off I see the Steers winning this one.

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Graham wins this one

RMAC
10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I agree with the exception of Graham in a close one or Breck in a blowout. Breck is H.O.T. right now and will bring their A game to this longtime rivalry. New coaches at both schools want this feather in their cap to show off to the boosters. Winner of this game can stake claim to the District title. I am going to pick Breck in this one simply due to their ability to explode on people. 35 - 14.

Do you really think that Breck's defense can hold the Steer offense to 14? Now I know that we're in a new scheme and all, but the boys have got it down pretty good in my opinion. Plus, we have our starting QB back in. Breck is going to have to key on Louder w/ 2 guys. If they go 1-1 w/ any of our receivers they could get burned. If they go into a zone and empty the box, Louder will find the holes.

Steer Fever
10-17-2005, 10:34 AM
I think the Steers win. Heatley will not have time to throw with grahams d-line in his face. All this talk about Vick he is nothing what we have faced compared to pre district competition. Louder should also have a big game and if they do stop louder than we just will go over the top. I can't see Breck being able to load the box to stop louder and try and stop the pass. It is going to be fun in Breck friday night this is a huge rivalry game and winner of this game will be in the driver seat for district champion.

BMOC
10-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Heard that the Buckaroos are BACK. After they play Graham, we will see if they are back or not.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Heatley is a very good QB. Don't underestimate him.

Steer Fever
10-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Can't wait till friday...

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Breck is definitely the "tale of two teams". The Breck team that the Bulls beat in week "0" isn't the same team in week 8. They have found how to use Heatley's considerable talent to the best of their advantage. Graham is learning a new system under a new coach and has seemed to be assimilating it all better each week. Truly a tossup, but I think the Steers "D" can pressure the Breck "O" into some game costing mistakes and take the win by 7 to 10. Out of the other side of my mouth---If Heatley is able to stand in the pocket and find his receivers consistently, I think Breck will win by 14 or more. Good spectator game.

Super Steer 3
10-20-2005, 12:23 PM
I dont think Breck can handle the steer's offense. They can try to stop Louder by filling up the box but that would leave the receivers 1 on 1 with the secondary. They can try to stop either the run or the pass but not both. The Steer's have too many weapons and will be very hard to stop. Our defense has steped it up as well and will shut down whatever Breck trys to run. They only think they are good because they are beating no name teams, it doesnt take much to beat the guys they are playing. I guess we will have to wait and see.

VWG
10-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Super Steer 3
I dont think Breck can handle the steer's offense. They can try to stop Louder by filling up the box but that would leave the receivers 1 on 1 with the secondary. They can try to stop either the run or the pass but not both. The Steer's have too many weapons and will be very hard to stop. Our defense has steped it up as well and will shut down whatever Breck trys to run. They only think they are good because they are beating no name teams, it doesnt take much to beat the guys they are playing. I guess we will have to wait and see.

First post was pretty bold. Be sure and stick around if their is crow to be served up after a Buckaroo's win!

RMAC
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
VGW, not to sound cocky, he's one of our receivers and I can promise you he's going to do everything in his power to make sure we win.

Steer Fever
10-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Amen...

Super Steer 3
10-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by VWG
First post was pretty bold. Be sure and stick around if their is crow to be served up after a Buckaroo's win!

And im sure you will still be around after a Steer's win?

VWG
10-20-2005, 06:23 PM
And im sure you will still be around after a Steer's win?

Notice I didn't say the Buckaroo's were going to beat Graham....
Check my posts on this one... I'm clean.

Steer Fever
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Finally its FRIDAY!!! :D.......

GO STEERS!

Super Steer 3
10-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Notice I didn't say the Buckaroo's were going to beat Graham....
Check my posts on this one... I'm clean.

I pretty sure you mentioned a "buckaroos win."

GreenMonster
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I pretty sure you mentioned a "buckaroos win."

No No, VWG said you need to stick around IF there's crow to be served up after a Buckaroo Win[B]