PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable---must Read!!!

RMAC
10-16-2005, 12:35 AM
I was told by one of my friends today that Throckmorton beat McGargle 95-0 last night. Now I know that that's not totally unbelievable since they are 6-man teams. . . what is unbelievable is the fact that they did it in the first half!!! They called it with the 45 point mercy rule that if a team is winning by 45+ at half they win. McGargle only ran 7 offensive plays!!!

Adidas410s
10-16-2005, 01:16 AM
this is true dumbo...this is true!!!

htowntransplant
10-16-2005, 01:41 AM
:eek:

thats flat out demoralizing... :(

GreenMonster
10-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Megargal is in their 2nd season of 6 man having resurected a long dead program. In 6 man many schools only have 6, 7, 8 players to work with. Megargal has precisely 6, and boy are they bad. Throckmorton is an extremely powerful football team. 95 to 0 is a bit much but there wasn't much that coach could have done short of kneeling on the ball every play to keep that score down. You can't do that if you wanted to as it would be an even larger slap at those kids to kneel on it than it would be to run it up.

ILS1
10-16-2005, 07:45 AM
I heard about it as well and couldn't believe it myself!! Wow!!! That many points in ONE half!!! I bet the offense was tired!!! LOL!!!

:D

wildstangs
10-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Dont know how true it is, but I heard Megargel (sp.?) had a couple of boys fail, and that two girls were on the team? Anyone know if that is true?

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I was told by one of my friends today that Throckmorton beat McGargle 95-0 last night. Now I know that that's not totally unbelievable since they are 6-man teams. . . what is unbelievable is the fact that they did it in the first half!!! They called it with the 45 point mercy rule that if a team is winning by 45+ at half they win. McGargle only ran 7 offensive plays!!!
just to help it was 8 offensive plays and they scored on all of them and they only had 10 players