PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech @ Texas

GreenMonster
10-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Did anyone really think this would be a battle of unbeatens??? Tech looks better and better each week and could very well be more than just a spoiler in this game. The Techies want to win this for selfish reasons as they want to play in Pasadena for all the marbles too. Should be another good ball game. Tech's high powered O vs. the Horns all around game. I guess we will soon find out if Defense really does win championships.

ILS1
10-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Texas will win this game handily. Tech couldn't spell defense,even if you gave them a D-E-F-E-N-S-? !!!! Yes,they can score 80 and 63 points against the likes of SHSU and Indiana State. But against decent teams like Kansas and Nebraska they barely scored 30 points in each game. That's against decent defense's. Texas has a GREAT defense. I say Longhorns in a rout:

Texas 48

TTU 17

Rabbit'93
10-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
The Techies want to win this for selfish reasons as they want to play in Pasadena for all the marbles too.
????? Doesn't Texas want to win for selfish reasons too?:confused:

GreenMonster
10-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
????? Doesn't Texas want to win for selfish reasons too?:confused:

I was referring to Tech's past as a spoiler. This year, they are still in it.

kaorder1999
10-15-2005, 09:54 PM
this should be interesting!

kepdawg
10-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I don't see anyway Texas holds Tech to 17.

I'll say:

Texas 45
Tech 31

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-15-2005, 10:14 PM
i htink it will be a close game. tech does have alot of offensive weapons, but not enough to out do texas' dominating defense. and no where near the man power to stop texas' offense.

PhiI C
10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I agree it should be close but the biggest edge for Texas is not having to play in Lubbock.

GreenMonster
10-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I agree it should be close but the biggest edge for Texas is not having to play in Lubbock.

Hey Phil, nice to see ya. Where ya been?

PhiI C
10-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I was gone for a conference for a few days and didn't have access to a computer. I am back now.

Chris Hart
10-15-2005, 10:23 PM
the biggest edge for Texas is not having to play in Lubbock. That will be the difference. In Lubbock, this one might come down to who had the ball last, but in Austin, I see the Horns winning around 45-24.

Guns up!!!!

Hupernikomen
10-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I don't see anyway Texas holds Tech to 17.

I'll say:

Texas 45
Tech 31

People thought the same thing last year when Texas had a better defense so I agree with you kep. I think Texas needs 42 to win it...I believe Texas will get at least 60.

Texas 63
Tech 42

ro_tex_solja
10-15-2005, 10:38 PM
i think it would be exciting if both teams put up points as if it was a basketball game..maybe both teams in the 50's??? that would be cool...but of course i think texas will pull it out

Snyder_TigerFan
10-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Texas will win this game handily. Tech couldn't spell defense,even if you gave them a D-E-F-E-N-S-? !!!! Yes,they can score 80 and 63 points against the likes of SHSU and Indiana State. But against decent teams like Kansas and Nebraska they barely scored 30 points in each game. That's against decent defense's. Texas has a GREAT defense. I say Longhorns in a rout:

Texas 48

TTU 17

Very good....I agree with totally...even with the score. Tech is overrated. Texas will beat them easily.

htowntransplant
10-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I was gone for a conference for a few days and didn't have access to a computer. I am back now.

Promise Keepers conference in Houston???? i coulda swore i saw someone there that looked like you...:)

KTJ
10-16-2005, 02:27 AM
No one thought we'd hold Tech to 21 in Lubbock either. And where the game is played doesn't matter. Last year, in Lubbock, we were picked to lose and we all saw what happened.

GreenGobbla
10-16-2005, 02:38 AM
man....i guess i should just stop posting on here....everyone is dang longhorn....i disagree with everyone that has posted....i am going to take tech in the game....

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-16-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
man....i guess i should just stop posting on here....everyone is dang longhorn....i disagree with everyone that has posted....i am going to take tech in the game.... i woldnt stop posting anywhere because everyone was rooting for the team that your team plays next week. besides thats only one game and one week out of the year. if there werent opposing views on things like this then it wouldnt be as fun to discuss rivalries. i root for tech every other week of the year unless they are playing against texas. same as A&M.

injuredinmelee
10-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Did anyone really think this would be a battle of unbeatens??? Tech looks better and better each week and could very well be more than just a spoiler in this game. The Techies want to win this for selfish reasons as they want to play in Pasadena for all the marbles too. Should be another good ball game. Tech's high powered O vs. the Horns all around game. I guess we will soon find out if Defense really does win championships.

Finally tech has to play a good team. Their schedule this fas has been laughable. Their preseason schedule was easily the most sissified in the nation. Ding Don Ding Dong I hear the wake up bells in the distance hope the tech fans prepare themselves for the whippin

injuredinmelee
10-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Very good....I agree with totally...even with the score. Tech is overrated. Texas will beat them easily.

this isnt good I am agreeing with a Snyder fan... lol

3afan
10-16-2005, 08:24 AM
dang - this game is on ABC but won't be shown in the east ... I'll get the ACC or Big East game - blah

oh well, can listen to the Longhorn network and Craig "Say goodnight to this one ..." Way via the miracle of the internet ... cost $5/month

GWOOD
10-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ILS1

Texas 48

TTU 17

I don't know if Tech can handle Texas. The Longhorns are a very good team. However, ILS1, you must be hearing talk and not watching Tech games because you don't know what you are talking about.

Tech may not have a great defense but this is the best defense Tech has had in Leach's day. They are a decent defense and hit hard.

And since when is 30 points a sign that someone's offense is overrated? I don't think any Tech fan had the naive idea that we would score 60+ points against anyone in the Big 12. We do have an explosive and dangerous offense and anyone that wants to contest that just doesn't know what he is talking about.

I hope for the opportunity to bring this post up next Saturday. I also hope Mack Brown and the Longhorns have the same attitude as you. But I bet they are much more informed!

Diocletian
10-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech 71
Texas 102

that's my pick

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Tech 71
Texas 102

that's my pick

thats actually not an outrageous pick.

Diocletian
10-16-2005, 10:27 AM
yea that's going to be the score at halftime

tigers05
10-17-2005, 09:50 AM
You Lonhorn fans think you cannot lose, I hate to break it to you, but Texas Tech is very possibly the best team you will face all season and you are not invincible. Yes the Longhorns are a great football team, but that's not to say that they can't have an off day, or just get plain outplayed by Texas Tech. This game will be close, Tech has a decent-good defense this year with the always explosive offense. By no means am I saying Tech is better than Texas, but that does not mean they can not beat them. I mean look at Texas A&M, Baylor was obviously the better team, but A&M pulled it off:D .

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
man....i guess i should just stop posting on here....everyone is dang longhorn

Not me. :D GUNS UP!

District303aPastPlayer
10-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by tigers05
You Lonhorn fans think you cannot lose, I hate to break it to you, but Texas Tech is very possibly the best team you will face all season and you are not invincible. Yes the Longhorns are a great football team, but that's not to say that they can't have an off day, or just get plain outplayed by Texas Tech. This game will be close, Tech has a decent-good defense this year with the always explosive offense. By no means am I saying Tech is better than Texas, but that does not mean they can not beat them. I mean look at Texas A&M, Baylor was obviously the better team, but A&M pulled it off:D .

just because you outplay someone doesnt mean you will win... dont believe me... ask all of those in South Bend, Indiana and all of us Golden Domer Backers...

KTJ
10-17-2005, 10:02 AM

First off, calm down. It's just a football message board, not life or death.

Second, no one said Texas "could never lose." In fact, every team out there, be they Texas, USC, Alabama, or even Sisters of the Poor (otherwise known as either Eastern Michigan, Buffalo, or SMU) can lose at any given time. Nothing is set in stone. But when you look at the facts, they obviously favor UT.

Third, Texas Tech WILL NOT be the best team we've faced, or will face, all season. That sir, is Ohio State and whomever we play in a bowl game.

Finally, many experts say Tech is the most overrated top 10 team with a Nintendo offense. While that may be true, I really think they are a great team and the game should be awesome. Gameday will/should be there and the atmosphere will be fantastic.

The moral of this post?--Chill out, stop getting so upset at the most ridiculous stuff, and come to Austin and enjoy the game. Stop by my tailgate if you want, I don't care. Just have fun.

geez.

BMOC
10-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Tigers05 you have to be joking.

Techs defense is OK at best. They have more walk-ons that play Defense then anyone else in the country; because most of their scholarships go to offensive personell. (I am sure those walk-ons earn a scholarship though...no need for a long discussion on that.) You also can not compare ATM to Tech nor Baylor to UT. Both Tech and UT are definetly better teams. But UT is fully loaded everywhere.....Offense, Defense, Special Teams.....They are not ranked #2 for nothing. And Finally, there is no way you can think that TT has a better defense then Ohio, look what the Horns did OVER THERE!! I am not bagging on TT, but I don't think this one is going to be close, not in Austin.

tigers05
10-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I never said that Tech's d was better than ohio, i just said they're a better team, and I also never disagreed that Texas didn't deserve that ranking, but you can't honestly think this is going to be a blowout. These are two top ten teams, texas is not going to just demolish Tech. Last time in Austin, it was a three point game and I don't see any reason as to why it won't be that close this time either.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not me. :D GUNS UP!

It will be interesting in my house.

Hubby went to school at Tech and is a huge Tech Fan.

My daughter, Ranger Rebel, is a huge Texas fan.

I like both teams, so I will get to play hubby and Ashton against each other!!

I have no prediction on the game...but my money is on Ashton to win the "war of words" during the game!

:D :D :D

raider red 2000
10-17-2005, 10:20 AM
my prediciton is that Slay safety for tech #3 knocks vince on his butt several times and vince is the UT offense.....thus leading to UT not scoring enough to keep up with the AIR RAID offense.

but only time will tell.

KTJ
10-17-2005, 10:31 AM
I never said that Tech's d was better than ohio, i just said they're a better team, and I also never disagreed that Texas didn't deserve that ranking, but you can't honestly think this is going to be a blowout. These are two top ten teams, texas is not going to just demolish Tech. Last time in Austin, it was a three point game and I don't see any reason as to why it won't be that close this time either.

Last year in Lubbock, it was a 30 point loss. So what point are you trying to make?

tigers05
10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
well I believe earlier in this thread it was said texas had a big advantage because it was in austin, i was just stating what happened last time in austin. About last year, two words, Sonny Cumbie, thats all I need to say about that.

KTJ
10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
well I believe earlier in this thread it was said texas had a big advantage because it was in austin, i was just stating what happened last time in austin. About last year, two words, Sonny Cumbie, thats all I need to say about that.

Cumbie was a good QB. There wasn't anything wrong with him. I went to that game and it wasn't Cumbie that lost it for Tech.

I, personally, don't think it's going to be a close game a la 2003, but I don't think it's going to be a blowout. Just because both teams are top 10 means nothing. Those rankings go out the window come Saturday.

With that said, if you come to the game, let me know. I'll let you in on some places to hangout the day of the game--tailgating and stuff.

3afan
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
You Lonhorn fans think you cannot lose..................

i don't believe thats the case ..... for Lonhorn fans or Longhorn fans

tigers05
10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Cumbie was a good QB. There wasn't anything wrong with him. I went to that game and it wasn't Cumbie that lost it for Tech.

I, personally, don't think it's going to be a close game a la 2003, but I don't think it's going to be a blowout. Just because both teams are top 10 means nothing. Those rankings go out the window come Saturday.

With that said, if you come to the game, let me know. I'll let you in on some places to hangout the day of the game--tailgating and stuff.

I realize the rankings go out the window, and so does everything else come saturday. I definetly do not think this will be a blow out, Tech can play with Texas, and if they play football like they did the second half against K-State, they can win the game. Yes I know K-State is by no means The University of Texas, but Tech played near perfect football the second half. On coming to the game saturday...I'm still working on that, seeing if any of my friends have extra tickets...it's rather sad, I work in the Athletic Ticket Office and somehow still couldn't pull of getting a ticket before we sold out up here at Tech, but I will let you know if I do come, tailgating is always fun lol.

vet93
10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
As an unbiased Aggie fan...I have to give this one to the longhorns depending on how focused that they are will dictate the score. If they are on their "A"game....they will win by at least 3 touchdowns. If they are not playing well it could be close. I am not taking anything away from Tech...I am a closet Tech fan (Spike Dykes is from my hometown)...I think that they are the second best team in the conference right now and will kill the Aggies if we don't start playing some defense. The reason Texas is better is because they are a more complete team with greater depth. Having said all of this....If the Longhorns fail to show up and allow the high flying offense to pick them apart... then UT had better prepare for a tough game.

Rainman
10-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech played a very light non-conference.
Tech has little defense to stop that Horns offense.
But they will keep it close with their ability to score at the drop of a hat.
Texas - 45
Tech - 38

GWOOD
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BMOC

Techs defense is OK at best.

Partially True statement - Tech's defense is OK. We're not great, we're not bad. Sometimes, we look like a great defense. Sometimes we look like an OK defense. So far this year, we have been OK at worst.

They have more walk-ons that play Defense then anyone else in the country; because most of their scholarships go to offensive personell.

One of many wives' tales about Tech football

Fact:

2005 Signing Class
QB - 1
RB - 3
OL - 5
WR - 3
(12 Offensive Signees)

DL - 4
LB - 3
DB - 2
(9 Defensive Signees)

2004 Signing Class
QB - 2
RB - 1
OL - 4
WR - 4
(11 Offensive Signees)

DL - 4
LB - 2
DB - 6
(12 Defensive Signees)

BMOC
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Partially True statement - Tech's defense is OK. We're not great, we're not bad. Sometimes, we look like a great defense. Sometimes we look like an OK defense. So far this year, we have been OK at worst.

One of many wives' tales about Tech football

Fact:

2005 Signing Class
QB - 1
RB - 3
OL - 5
WR - 3
(12 Offensive Signees)

DL - 4
LB - 3
DB - 2
(9 Defensive Signees)

2004 Signing Class
QB - 2
RB - 1
OL - 4
WR - 4
(11 Offensive Signees)

DL - 4
LB - 2
DB - 6
(12 Defensive Signees)

I know I was exaggerating a bit.......just trying to make a point.