PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Hempstead

CheerMom
10-15-2005, 04:10 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on this matchup?

CheerMom
10-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Raider Nurse
10-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Go,Rice!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the win Friday night!!!:clap:

rhs78
10-16-2005, 05:50 PM
This will be anyone great game for D-20 this friday in Hempstead. The Bobcats are 6-1 (2-0) and are a much improved team avg 275 yds and 24 points per game on offense and defense is giving up 259 yds. Their offense passes to set up the running game and have lots of speed and size i've been told at key positions. A much improved team reguardless of what most people think(just ask Sealy or Navisota)

The Raiders are improving every week on both sides of the ball. Offense is avg 371 yds and 35 points per game with the passing game coming on very well and the running game producing good numbers. Defense is giving up an average of 217 yds per game . and continue to improve every game. The Raiders will give up the size advantage this week as usuall.

I think Rice wins in a tightly contested game and hands the Bobcats their first district loss but they will still beat Columbus and get into the Playoffs.

rhs78
10-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Could anyone that has played the Bobcats please share your thaughts on this team and how they matchup against the Raiders or what is your thaughts about Hempstead.

chugbug
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I saw them Raiders for the first time Friday night. OL Delmer has been telling me that they are good. But I had to see for myself. They really lit-up the Cardinals. Coach trixler had his defense going. That new offensive Coach Zinehard has them boys throwing and catching the pigskin. I hope to see them play Hempstead. But I got to load 5000lbs. of crawfish by hand. That is a hard job for a peg-legged man. If I get her done , I will be there. :hairpunk: :hairpunk: :eek: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Bellville22
10-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Rice by 3.

scotty
10-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Rice can run and throw the football real well and if they jump out on Hempstead chances are the Bobcats won’t come back.
In their only loss Columbia scored a lot against the Bobcats, but the Roughnecks are real good.
Sealy moved the ball on Hempstead but didn’t put them away when they had their chance and then lost on a couple of bad snaps. But I’m beginning to wonder about the Sealy offense after their showing against both Cuero and Bellville. They may be better offensively than most folks rate them.
Chances are this will be the best team the Raiders will be up against so far this season. I believe Hempstead still has those kids that took part in the sprint relay at state a year or so ago and have outstanding speed. They have great skill kids but none of them have been in a showdown situation on Friday nights.
I take Rice because of their tradition and discipline.

44INAROW
10-17-2005, 03:18 PM
GO RAIDERS :clap: :clap:

HPLJ6L
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
After that last game I had to hit the books.

Hempstead beat Brookshire Royal, East Bernard, Wallis Brazos, Sealy and now Navasota. Brookshire, a top-ranked 2a team who will probably move up next realignment. The track team, 5 guys, almost won a whole meet last year just running sprint relay, 100, 200, long jump and high jump.

Rice played Sweeny, Epsicopal, Yoakum, Waltrip, Navasota and Columbus. Sweeny looks to be the toughest team in that bunch. (no offense intended) In what looks like BCS friendly schedule designed to get wins. They have a couple of sprinters as well.

Last Year Rice mopped the floor with the Bobcats, and I can't find any site that goes back far enough to tell me when was the last time Hempstead beat Rice.

But ya gotta like the 'cats.
I'm ridin' the wagon, Hempstead by 7.

nexfan
10-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
Could anyone that has played the Bobcats please share your thaughts on this team and how they matchup against the Raiders or what is your thaughts about Hempstead.

I attended the Columbia vs. Hempstead game. The final score was 44-14. Hempstead didnt show me hardly anything defensively but they did have a couple of kids in the other side of the ball that looked promising. They couldnt run the ball well but the did seem to have a decent passing game. If I was Rice I would find your 2 tallest basketball players, put them on the football field, and match them up with Hempsteads tall recievers. Good luck to both teams!

UPanIN
10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Have seen both teams.

The Bobcats passing game needs some help but when they get open on short passes their skill players make the most of it. Rice should handle the running attact but Hempstead is quick and fast so beware. One of Navasota's strengths is DB so they held off the long pass very well but you will be tested.

Rice has a more balanced attact and their skill players do a good job. The QB for Rice is a better passer than Hempstead and see's the field better. Hempstead will have a hard time slowing the Rice team after the half. It may be close until the 2nd half then Rice will pull away somewhat.

Rice by 9.

Just one man's opinion and you know what they say about that.

Specklebelly
10-18-2005, 12:02 PM
I have not seen Hempstead play this year so I had to do a little research on the keys to success for the Raiders. This matchup had me a bit worried before doing my homework.

After the cruching the numbers and making a few phone calls, I'm confident that Rice will win pretty easily.

The key to the game will be one thing for the Raiders - limit the big play for Hempstead. I found this fascinating but Hempstead has scored 21 touchdowns this year and 15 of those 21 TDs have been in the form of a big play, which I define as a defensive TD or a TD from outside of the 20 yard line. They have not demonstrated the ability to sustain a long scoring drive. That may have something to do with the fact that they have had little success running the football. Limit the big play for Hempstead, and the Raiders should win this game.

chugbug
10-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I got them Crawfish loaded,so I will be able to go to the game tonight. Ol Delmer came over and helped me load those crawfish, Thats a first. He tells me that the Raiders will win by three touchdowns. I cain't wait to see what Trixler and Zinhard has up their sleeves for the bobcats. OL Delmer tells me that Zinhard loves Crawfish. I believe I will take him a couple hundred lbs. Good Luck Raiders!!!!! :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Big game for D20-3A! Both teams can take another step toward making the playoffs or winning the district crown. In the past, this would be a no brainer. Hempstead has made great strides, but I think the Rice defense will slow them down. Rice by 7

NHSRattler60
10-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I think hempstead has a full head of steam in this one.....tides of Navasota last year. We'll see.

hookandladder
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Hempstead by 10.

chugbug
10-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Hookandladder you need to take care of the pussycats and the Raiders will take care of Hempstead. You obviously have not seen the Raiders this year. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

KL3
10-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Rice by 14.....

DaRaiderz
10-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Rice is up 28-7 late. Looks like that will be the final.

rhs78
10-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Rice 28 Bobcats 7, Another great win by the Raiders to go 3-0 in district. Defense dominated and offense did enough to win. Hempstead is a good team witha lot of size and heart,they played very well.

Way to Go Raiders

gobbler grad
10-21-2005, 11:57 PM
congrats to the Raiders...:clap: way to go...:)

SintonFan
10-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Congrats Rice!:clap:

CheerMom
10-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Defense played another awesome game!!Way to go, guys!!
Hempstead should be very proud of the way their team has evolved. My hats off to their coaching staff for turning this ball club around.
Congrats, to all the winners of D20!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Raider Nurse
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Way to go,Raiders!!!!!!!! Awesome defense!!!!!!!!!!! We are proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Bull's-eye
10-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Way to go Raiders! Doesn't look like the Houston Chronicle is giving any respect to Rice. They had Hempstead ranked 5th in the area, with no sign of Rice in their top 5. Rice is quietly having a great year!:clap: :clap: :clap: