PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City / Darkhorse??

RBARKER
10-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Bridge City sure has been quietly winning games at will. Last night they blew out a decent Hardin Jefferson team 55-20. I don't know what yall are feeding those Cardinals over their but they are playing well. BC Darkhorse or not??

Great Job Cardinals keep the streak going. I may have to come watch the WOS/BC game for the District title , it should be a good one.

exbccards76'smom
10-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Come on over. The game started off with the defense being a little shakey, but they got better. every team is a little rusty from the rita vacation, but watch out once the flow gets started again. One thing, though, can you sit on the visitor side with us?:D

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
One thing, though, can you sit on the visitor side with us?:D

:eek: :eek: That's a bad idea, if he brings Jody with him. ;)

Hupernikomen
10-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: :eek: That's a bad idea, if he brings Jody with him. ;)

Jody brings them and buys the drinks...those boys know a gravy train when they see one.

If you guys go to this one I think I might hitch a ride.

Old Cardinal
10-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I see a great game for the 24-4A District title also. The BH vs BC will also pit good talent, if that is how the brackets shake out. The winner will be good enough to be considered a candidate for the Division II Championship.
It is just amazing that the three teams being discussed have good individaul talent; yet, when you look at the teams they all have a unique plan-of-attack.
I think that in the future at BC this team will be remembered as "the year we put all of the athletes on the football field for the first time in a very long time".
Someone laughed and said that the only athlete that's not on the field is Kelly Stanley and Friday evening his tongue was hanging out by games' end from running up and down the sideline everytime BC scored with that giant heavy 'Cardinals' flag! :clap: LOL

WOS1
10-15-2005, 11:33 PM
From what I'm hearing, the Cards are for real. I hope that last district game is between 2 undefeated teams... that will make for a lot of electricity. It will be a good test for both teams and a great game to prep for the playoffs.

Chris Hart
10-16-2005, 01:12 AM
Just from what I know about the Cardinals, which is just what I read on here and other sites, this is the best Cardinal team at least since 01 and they may be better than the 01 team. The really dominant 3A teams are fewer this year, but there are alot of really good teams in each region. I would venture to say that Reg II is weaker this year than normal, but all the other 3 regions are stronger as a whole than what they have been in years past. Good luck to the Cards!:)

WOS1
10-16-2005, 07:59 AM
I think that what seperates this Card team from 01 is their defense. They are only giving up, like 200 yards a game. In 01 they had a pretty salty defense, but not a dominant one. And we all know, defense wins championships, I just hope it's a DII state title and not a 20-3A district title.;)

Old Cardinal
10-16-2005, 10:38 AM
To Chris Hart: I think you have hit it on the head! We have 3 Regions in Texas with a number of dominate teams. The way it shakes out, the Division II will be quite a large set of premium teams. I would guess our Region III will meet either Wimberley or Cuero--as I understand, Sinton will be Division I; correct me if I am wrong.

To WOS 1, I hope that the Mustangs and Cardinals will meet undefeated for the District title. I also hope WO-S is still ranked as the #1 team in 3A. Can you imagine the electricity in the air before that awesome encounter for the 24-3A title.
Forget the Pollesters and ranking of BC, they have never ranked them even close since they have entered 3A yet they have been a playoff team all but one year.
The Harris Poll is the only one that is not totally prejudice and bias before the season even starts.

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I would guess our Region III will meet either Wimberley or Cuero

I realize you said "guess", and I've tried to not comment, but there should be no presumptions at this point who makes it to the semis in Region IV.

Old Cardinal
10-16-2005, 12:16 PM
To: LHP Mom: At this point in time, I would say "guess" on any of the playoff projections LOL

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2005, 12:39 PM
To: LHP Mom: At this point in time, I would say "guess" on any of the playoff projections LOL

;)

Paratrooper
10-17-2005, 06:14 PM
I do think it is going to be between WOS and BC for the title. Actually both these teams may do very well in the post season. I think of course WOS has a slight advantage, but this game is pretty much up for grabs. There will be a lot of emotion running on both sides of the ball.

setex
10-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I really think WOS will not underestimate Bridge City and they shouldn't.

Actually Bridge City has more experience in the playoffs the last 4 or 5 years than WOS.

WOS does have 3 or 4 extremely talented players, BC has more depth. It should be a great game.

Chris Hart
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
To Chris Hart: I think you have hit it on the head! We have 3 Regions in Texas with a number of dominate teams. The way it shakes out, the Division II will be quite a large set of premium teams. I would guess our Region III will meet either Wimberley or Cuero--as I understand, Sinton will be Division I; correct me if I am wrong.

Old Card, It may well be Wimberley or Cuero coming out of Reg IV div II, but I wouldn't rule out Liberty Hill. If their offense gets going early in a game they can beat Cuero, or even Wimberley's great defense. IMO, it is almost a given that one of those 3 will represent Reg IV Div II. It's going to be some great games when those teams start knocking heads.

Paratrooper
10-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by setex
I really think WOS will not underestimate Bridge City and they shouldn't.

Actually Bridge City has more experience in the playoffs the last 4 or 5 years than WOS.

WOS does have 3 or 4 extremely talented players, BC has more depth. It should be a great game.

If both these teams go into this game undefeated which they both should, the threads will definently light up on this one. I still haven't figured out why BC before the hurricane was ranked (25 by 3A down low poll), and in the post hurricane poll now they are not. ( and they won 55-20 since then) However, I guess it doesn't really matter. Polls Schmolls, hurricane or no hurricane they are playing good ball. This should be a great match-up.