PDA

View Full Version : Something on my mind

chaingang
10-15-2005, 09:37 AM
I am from Orange(obviously) but live in Lafayette La. I have been going back and forth to help my family with clean up. I have heard a people gripe about HS football being played when some homes dont have electricity yet. Let me give my opinion....If any of you know anything about WOS, we are a minority based school. Some of these kids only hope of going to college is under those Friday night lights. People need to understand that Texas HS football is really not just for show. All around the state their are kids hopeing to get a chance to go to college depending on their play. Some might think this is stupid but I have seen the town of Orange(except for the few whinners) have an upbeat attitude due to HS football returning. Something as little as this gives hope for the ones that have nothing left! I hope some people will give up their selfish ways and stop crying about not having cable or internet and looking at the people that have NO HOUSE!!!!!! But you know what? Those people that have lost a whole hell of a lot more than their cable will be cheering those kids on at the games!!!

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2005, 09:47 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :)