PDA

View Full Version : Texas Wins "Pontiac's Game Changing Performance" In ESPN/Pontiac NCAA Competition

ILS1
10-15-2005, 07:25 AM
College football fans appreciate extra effort, and this week was no exception. Tens of thousands of fans visited pontiac.com/ncaa and voted an 80-yard Texas TD run that propelled the team to a 45-12 win over the Oklahoma Sooners as the "Pontiac Game Changing Performance" of the week.

The "Pontiac Game Changing Performance" recognizes the most dramatic moments that occur in NCAA games across the country... moments that change the outcome or define a season...then gives fans the opportunity to vote on the performance they believe is the biggest "game changer." The competition began September 1st and will continue for 13 weeks, through December 3rd, 2005.

Additionally, the winning play may be nominated for the "Pontiac Game Changing Performance of the Year" competition in December. At year's end, top finalist of the 13 "Pontiac Game Changing Performances" will be selected by ESPN for this final award. The play selected in fan voting as the best of the year will earn a $100,000 general scholarship fund contribution from Pontiac. By the end of the season, Pontiac, a leading sponsor of NCAA sporting events and collegiate athletics, will have contributed nearly $200,000 to NCAA institutions.

Full program details, including contest rules can be reviewed on pontiac.com/ncaa.

Pontiac is a division of General Motors Corporation (NYSE: GM) and markets the G6 sedan and coupe, GTO, Solstice roadster, Torrent SUV, Grand Prix, Vibe and Montana SV6. In 2006, Pontiac will introduce the G6 retractable hardtop convertible. Pontiac sold more than 474,000 vehicles in 2004, ranking third among GM divisions in total sales. More information on Pontiac and its products can be found on the division's website at www.pontiac.com and in Spanish at www.pontiac.com/espanol.

The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletic opportunities for more than 360,000 student-athletes at more than 1,000 member colleges and universities. Each year, more than 49,000 student-athletes compete in NCAA Championships in Division I, II and III sports. For more information, go to www.ncaa.org.

Link (www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=1613&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

Hupernikomen
10-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Jamaal Charles was quoted before the season began as saying..."I am going to make people forget who Adrian Peterson is." I haven't forget but I sure am glad we kept this Texan home. Nothing like a Texan running the ball for the horns.