PDA

View Full Version : Cotulla 21 - Crystal City 0

intocable_cowboy
10-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Cotulla beat Crystal City 21-0 to move to 6-1 on the year and 1-1 in district. I did not attend the game so I have nothing to report on it. Last week Cotulla lost to Devine in the district opener 42-19, the score doesn't do the team's effort justice. Cotulla had Devine scratching thier heads as the Cowboys had the lead to start the 2nd quarter 6-0, but 3 turnovers, and 3 Devine scores within a span of 3mins proved the difference as Cotulla dug its own hole that it couldn't climb out of. Cotulla did make a game of it for a bit as they brought to 28-19 to start the 4th quarter but Devine was able to again score and put it away. I haven't posted since Cotulla's opener, which was a loss to Poteet, which Poteet later forfieted. The scores from the pre-district are as follows:

Pre District Season (5-0)
Poteet 40 Cotulla 20 (Poteet Forfiet)
Stockdale 20 Cotulla 29
Cotulla 14 Dilley 6
Somerset 7 Cotulla 27 (which included my bros 1st int!)
Cotulla 34 Jourdanton 7

District Games (1-1)
Cotulla 19 Devine 42
Cotulla 21 Crystal City 0 (1st win against CC since 2002)

Next Game: Vs Carrizo Springs (0-2)

293A Scores:
Devine (2-0) 50 Carrizo Springs (0-2) 0
Pearsall (1-1) 17 Hondo (2-0) 33
Cotulla (1-1) 21 Crystal City (0-2) 0

Devine looks to be enroute to the district title, the only team that lies in thier way is Hondo.

Hopefully this Cotulla team can make the playoffs in back to back years, a feat that has never been done in school history. Cotulla now controls thier own destiny for a playoff spot, while I am not overlooking Carrizo, they still seem to be in a slump and Cotulla has the homefield advantage against Pearsall. Cotulla did beat Hondo last year, I hope that win gave Cotulla a mental lift, since Cotulla had not beaten Hondo since '77. How sweet an upset at Barry Field would be. Can't say enough what Booker has meant to this team and town. We believe in you Cowboys, lets turn heads again.

Go Cowboys Go!

pirate4state
10-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by intocable_cowboy
I haven't posted since Cotulla's opener, which was a loss to Poteet, which Poteet later forfieted.

Poteet 40 Cotulla 20 (Poteet Forfiet)

Why did they forfeit? :thinking:

Thanks for the scores from this district! :thumbsup: Good Luck to your Cowboys!! :clap:

footballgal
10-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Congratulations Cowboys, great win against the Javalinas, hope to see ya in the playoffs!!! :clap:

intocable_cowboy
10-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Poteet had an ineligible player in their 1st two games. How much he contributed to the team I don't know but it still cost them two games.