PDA

View Full Version : snyder, snyder, snyder (merged threads)

Mustangpride09
10-15-2005, 01:40 AM
I told you all not to count your chickens before the eggs hatched.... but did you listen? no. Going into the game every sweetwater fan had no doubt that we would win. Your turf or not, you wont beat us. I also think that it is so unbelievabally unclassy to make shirts like "keep practicing parker" or having a shirt with a picture of a ball hitting a goal post with "BONK!!!!" on the back. All i can say is your cockyness and boasting has got you your first loss of the season and the third spot in our district. Congrats snyder

P.S. "spread the red" hahaha

jmcgee
10-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Nice post

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2005, 09:05 AM
ha.. I see it every year on here......more and more crow is getting served up! When people turn to making t-shirts that are supposed to intimidate their opponent, well that writing is certainly on the wall.....geezzzzzzzzz.....guess they can wash down that crow with a little cotton !!!!! HAHAHAHAHA......ya'll got the last laugh here and man is it a good one!!!! Congrats to Sweetwater....maybe now, they will be looking up the definition of "humble".... :D

chaingang
10-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Time out, who is Parker? Is he their fieldgoal kicker? If it is, that is the most un classy thing I have ever heard. These are KIDS!!! You can scar his life forever!!! Maybe I take it a little personal, but I was too a kicker and understand the ups and downs. If I am out of line by saying this let me know but I have ZERO respect for Snyder now and would hope to play them in the post season to rip them a new a$$ hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our fans as well as Cuero or Sweet Water or any team that has a history like ours wouldnt let these people in the game. To my fellow classy and well respected programs please dont let this happen. AWESOME JOB SWEETWATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
Time out, who is Parker? Is he their fieldgoal kicker? If it is, that is the most un classy thing I have ever heard. These are KIDS!!! You can scar his life forever!!! Maybe I take it a little personal, but I was too a kicker and understand the ups and downs. If I am out of line by saying this let me know but I have ZERO respect for Snyder now and would hope to play them in the post season to rip them a new a$$ hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our fans as well as Cuero or Sweet Water or any team that has a history like ours wouldnt let these people in the game. To my fellow classy and well respected programs please dont let this happen. AWESOME JOB SWEETWATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was last year. Sweetwater lost in the playoffs last season - attempted field goal late in the game was missed, if I remember correctly. And you are correct about it being unclassy.

chaingang
10-15-2005, 09:24 AM
want someone to tell me where this kicker is now. I bet the people last night have bench riding kids. That is prolly the only way they can cope with having sub par players for children. Sad Sad Sad. I cant believe grown folk act like that.

sww-bull52
10-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Parker is our kicker. Last year he bounced an extra point off the left upright and Sweetwater lost 21-20. Then during Basketball season we went to Snyder to play in thier gym and they had kids forming goal posts with thier arms and bouncing tennis balls off thier arms and yelling PARKER. We are proud of Parker. He was perfect last night.

wildstangs
10-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Last year Sweetwater went on a last minute drive against Snyder. We scored a TD with about 30 seconds left, which made the score 21-20. The Sweetwater kick hit the upright, and bounced away, leaving the score 21-20.

The same kicker is a senior this year, and made both his extra points in addition to kicking a FG.

Papa Mustang
10-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I'll tell you what you want to know. Parker is Parker Morrow who has been Sweetwater's kicker for the past 2 years. In the playoff game w/Snyder last year Sweetwater scored with just a few seconds on the clock. Snyder called timeout to try to ice the kicker and they did. He missed it and Snyder won 21-20. Parker is a senior this year and kicked a field goal and two extra points last night in our win over Snyder. Now, for the rest of my post and I can't believe I'm doing this. Don't blame a whole town or a whole program for what a few jerks do. Most of the people in Snyder are good and classy people. But I will say this, you good people from Snyder need to tell the jerks that their classless actions are puting a black mark on Snyder's program. It's your job to pick up your own trash. I'm sure we need to do some cleaning in Sweetwater also.

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
We are proud of Parker. He was perfect last night.

That is awesome! Just goes to show you actions speak MUCH louder than words! :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Parker and to the rest of the Sweetwater players and fans! :)

SpreadtheRed
10-15-2005, 10:49 AM
OH YEA, prolly cryin about how bad Snyder choked. If I played for Sweetwater I would have taubted Snyder all game long. If I was Parker Morrow I would have giving the game ball to the Snyder student section and laughed at them. What a choke job!!! Like I said a long time ago... Snyder isn't good. No Offense w/out Dee or Lico. Sweetwater proved it. And this was in Snyder's own backyard!!!!! What a joke. What happened P-Money ??? Wanna talk now???

Adidas410s
10-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
OH YEA, prolly cryin about how bad Snyder choked. If I played for Sweetwater I would have taubted Snyder all game long. If I was Parker Morrow I would have giving the game ball to the Snyder student section and laughed at them. What a choke job!!! Like I said a long time ago... Snyder isn't good. No Offense w/out Dee or Lico. Sweetwater proved it. And this was in Snyder's own backyard!!!!! What a joke. What happened P-Money ??? Wanna talk now???

Just wait until Wylie gets their shot at Snyder in 2 weeks. If Sweetwater can put up 17 and be missing key players...imagine what Sandifer can put together with having 2 weeks to prepare for Snyder! It's gonna be FUN!!!!! :D

LogieJoeBean001
10-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Where ARE...it's where are your Snyder friends. LOL

He He....I couldn't stand it, I had to edit it!

~Ranger Mom

Keith7
10-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Where ARE...it's where are your Snyder friends. LOL

I was about to say the same thing

sweetwater07
10-15-2005, 12:10 PM
hahahahahahhahahah.........Well we showed everyone last night that Snyder= Overrated!!! Yeah and then some Snyder ppl tried to talk crap about us after the game and i just pointed to the scoreboard.......oh yeah and when they stood behind us during our school song ..i got a snyder shirt and ripped it into four pieces with them watching and me telling them they are NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stownhorse
10-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
hahahahahahhahahah.........Well we showed everyone last night that Snyder= Overrated!!! Yeah and then some Snyder ppl tried to talk crap about us after the game and i just pointed to the scoreboard.......oh yeah and when they stood behind us during our school song ..i got a snyder shirt and ripped it into four pieces with them watching and me telling them they are NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

he he

Stang99
10-15-2005, 12:21 PM

Man you should really be proud of yourself!!!! Good Job!!!!!:rolleyes: Did that make you feel better? Can't you just let the score speak for its self? Grow Up!!

Stownhorse
10-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Stang99
Man you should really be proud of yourself!!!! Good Job!!!!!:rolleyes: Did that make you feel better? Can't you just let the score speak for its self? Grow Up!!

Chill out! Let us have some fun!

Black_Magic
10-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Congrats to Sweetwater on the win. they diserved it friday night. they came to play and Snyder didnt exicute or take advantage of the opportunities when they had to. As for us WE will not make excuses for the loss.. As for everything els. I doubt Snyder can still get a share of the district title Just like last year( you say no way?)... That was said last year... . I can see the year playing out like last year. good luck to sweetwater

Pmoney
10-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
Im here....it was a bad night for the tigers and a good night for the mustangs...i stayed off the downlow for the whole week so it wasnt me talking bad...but i can promise you, we will be seein yall in the playoffs

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i stayed off the downlow for the whole week so it wasnt me talking bad...

Good for you! Sometimes it becomes necessary to use self-control that way. :)

sweetwater07
10-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Stang99

man you obviously don't know me.....i'm the "master" and everyone knows me for my crazy aftergame antics...so just chill, it meant nothing but a little rivalry and some fun!!

sweetwater07
10-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
I told you all not to count your chickens before the eggs hatched.... but did you listen? no. Going into the game every sweetwater fan had no doubt that we would win. Your turf or not, you wont beat us. I also think that it is so unbelievabally unclassy to make shirts like "keep practicing parker" or having a shirt with a picture of a ball hitting a goal post with "BONK!!!!" on the back. All i can say is your cockyness and boasting has got you your first loss of the season and the third spot in our district. Congrats snyder

Couldn't have said it better!!! Your my hero!!!!!

Pmoney
10-15-2005, 12:58 PM

1 thing the shirt never said keep practicing parker....it said Snyder Tiger Football and yes it did show the goal post and the bonk on the back so get your facts right ok....and o ya we are tied for 2nd in our district...w/ who(SWEETWATER) yall have lost too....and your talkin about counting chickens and sweetwater fans were doing the same thing by haveing "nodoubt" that they would win...we had thought the same thing its not counting the chickens its being a true fan

Ranger Mom
10-15-2005, 01:06 PM
1 thing the shirt never said keep practicing parker....it said Snyder Tiger Football and yes it did show the goal post and the bonk on the back so get your facts right ok....and o ya we are tied for 2nd in our district...w/ who(SWEETWATER) yall have lost too....and your talkin about counting chickens and sweetwater fans were doing the same thing by haveing "nodoubt" that they would win...we had thought the same thing its not counting the chickens its being a true fan

Don't know what is fact and what isn't. I have heard/seen several people saying there was "something" with Parker's name on it! I'm not a big fan of the "rival" T-Shirts myself. IMO, it shows "ZERO" class!

PMoney...this isn't directed toward you. Being confident that your team is going to win and being cocky and downright rude about it are two WAY different things.

Which is exactly why I don't "spout" on this board, I don't wanna have to come back and face any monsters I have created. But....if you DO get on here and act like that and then come back here and take is like a man (or woman) then I respect that!

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Don't know what is fact and what isn't. I have heard/seen several people saying there was "something" with Parker's name on it! I'm not a big fan of the "rival" T-Shirts myself. IMO, it shows "ZERO" class!

PMoney...this isn't directed toward you. Being confident that your team is going to win and being cocky and downright rude about it are two WAY different things.

Which is exactly why I don't "spout" on this board, I don't wanna have to come back and face any monsters I have created. But....if you DO get on here and act like that and then come back here and take is like a man (or woman) then I respect that!

Very nice, RM! GMTA! :clap: :kiss:

Ranger Mom
10-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Very nice, RM! GMTA! :clap: :kiss:

Again????

(Were we twins in a past life?):thinking:

Ranger05
10-15-2005, 01:21 PM
hahahahahahhahahah.........Well we showed everyone last night that Snyder= Overrated!!! Yeah and then some Snyder ppl tried to talk crap about us after the game and i just pointed to the scoreboard.......oh yeah and when they stood behind us during our school song ..i got a snyder shirt and ripped it into four pieces with them watching and me telling them they are NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! wow thats classy :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
10-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
wow thats classy :rolleyes:

yay...is it time for another "you are/aren't classy" discussion? It's been at least a few hours since we had one on this board!!! ;)

ro_tex_solja
10-15-2005, 01:26 PM
it doesnt really matter cuz abilene wylie is gonna shut everyone up and put them in their place in that district...lol

Mustangpride09
10-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Parker is our kicker. Last year he bounced an extra point off the left upright and Sweetwater lost 21-20. Then during Basketball season we went to Snyder to play in thier gym and they had kids forming goal posts with thier arms and bouncing tennis balls off thier arms and yelling PARKER. We are proud of Parker. He was perfect last night.

its true, i remember watching that

Mustangpride09
10-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
it doesnt really matter cuz abilene wylie is gonna shut everyone up and put them in their place in that district...lol

they are a very good team, ill admit that, the sweetwater/wylie game would of been alot better if both teams were healthy though.

sww-bull52
10-15-2005, 01:51 PM
they are a very good team, ill admit that, the sweetwater/wylie game would of been alot better if both teams were healthy though.

Sweetwater/Wylie game is over and done with. Let's move on to Clyde.
Oh yeah......GREAT JOB BEATING SNYDER!!!

jmcgee
10-15-2005, 02:37 PM
man you obviously don't know me.....i'm the "master" and everyone knows me for my crazy aftergame antics...so just chill, it meant nothing but a little rivalry and some fun!!
Dude grow up. we dont have to know you. You must be the coolest guy in school now a days. I give you props your sooo crazy! What a little kid.

Pmoney
10-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey who was at this game????and if you were did you see that guy right before the 2nd half run down the snyder side of the track in his boxers....it was hilarious

jmcgee
10-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Nope didnt see that

Snyder_TigerFan
10-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by chaingang

Is classy making the kid sit in the back of the bus on the way home while he cries?...or slashing the tires on his car? That's what his own hometown people did...at least thats what I was told by someone from sweetwater. I personally didn't see any of the shirts, not saying that there weren't any...but probably very few. Most people from snyder have enough class not to where something like that. Now, there are a select few in every town...so if you want to draw a conclusion of a town by those few...go ahead, but I know better.

I will say that that kicker must have really worked hard all summer, because there was now doubt about those extra points...would have probably been good from 40+.

Now like I said in another post....good game and on to next week....see you in the playoffs.

Mustangpride09
10-15-2005, 04:19 PM
just like the probably heard the supposed rumor that he was on a suicide watch? exactly. none of the players blamed parker, there were a select few (not ANY players) that wrote stuff on his truck. get the facts straight, even if that was true, do you think it helps by making shirts about him, or demenstrating what they did at the boys varsity basketball game last year?

Mustangpride09
10-15-2005, 04:23 PM
i missed it as well

sweetwater07
10-15-2005, 04:35 PM
dang i wish i would have seen it...i bet it was hilarious!!

Mr.Mustang
10-15-2005, 04:37 PM
I would like to ask fans of the Snyder Tigers why the were so sure that they were going to kill Sweetwater? WRONG!!!!!!!!!! Hey Snyder, NEXT TIME BRING YOUR VARSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) ;)

Mr.Mustang
10-15-2005, 04:54 PM
What about all of that trash that Snyder was talking before the game? I think that Sweetwater has every right to talk as much crap as they want to!;)

kepdawg
10-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I thought Sweetwater was a classy program that was above all the trash talk. Perhaps I thought wrong.

Adidas410s
10-15-2005, 05:03 PM
poor guy starts a new thread every time he posts...moron!

sweetwater07
10-15-2005, 05:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bullaholic
10-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Read a lot of the SW-Snyder threads. From that I'll try to sum things up:

Sweetwater won because they didn't have enough injuries
Snyder lost because they have to play in an old, rundown stadium
Sweetwater won because their kicker was perfect
Snyder lost because they put a kicker's name on a T-shirt
Sweetwater won because everybody in Sweetwater doesn't hate Snyder
Snyder lost because some people in Snyder love Sweetwater
Sweetwater used to drill for oil
Snyder drills for Sweetwater's oil

I hope I got this summary fairly accurate. Feel free to add to the list.

Phantom Stang
10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
.oh yeah and when they stood behind us during our school song ..i got a snyder shirt and ripped it into four pieces with them watching and me telling them they are NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

'07, When the Snyder team stood behind the Mustangs, they were demonstrating CLASS, as well as respect for you and your team.

When your band plays YOUR School song, you should stand and sing the words as a sign of school pride.

sww-bull52
10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm with you bullaholic. IT"S OVER!!!!!!!!! Time to move on.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
'07, When the Snyder team stood behind the Mustangs, they were demonstrating CLASS, as well as respect for you and your team.

When your band plays YOUR School song, you should stand and sing the words as a sign of school pride.

You hit the nail RIGHT on the head!!:clap:

Phantom Stang
10-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Read a lot of the SW-Snyder threads. From that I'll try to sum things up:

Sweetwater won because they didn't have enough injuries
Snyder lost because they have to play in an old, rundown stadium
Sweetwater won because their kicker was perfect
Snyder lost because they put a kicker's name on a T-shirt
Sweetwater won because everybody in Sweetwater doesn't hate Snyder
Snyder lost because some people in Snyder love Sweetwater
Sweetwater used to drill for oil
Snyder drills for Sweetwater's oil

I hope I got this summary fairly accurate. Feel free to add to the list.

Snyder lost because some of their fans traveled to Sweetwater and tried to buy our tickets!!:D

Snyder_TigerFan
10-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Are you done? Have you had enough? You beat us, congratulations. Take the 'W' and go with it...beat Clyde and Merkel.

Sweetwater talked just as much as Snyder, you can not say otherwise. Anyone that believes in thier team will believe that they can win...that is what Snyder fans (including me) thought, is that wrong?....absolutley not. I have eaten my crow and am done with it. Now, it's on to the next game. There are no excuses for the loss, just a '1' in the 'L' column....I can live with that. We played a good game, as did Sweetwater. They played a different game than they did against Wylie (I was at the Wylie game). Do I think that they (Snyder) has a chance against Wylie, absolutley. No offense against Wylie...they have a very good team. It will be a different game, and I think Snyder's offense better fits Wylie's defense.

But before that....it's on to Merkel.

GetRDoneStangs
10-16-2005, 12:30 AM
[i]Originally posted by sww-bull52 We are proud of Parker. He was perfect last night. [/B]

Yes we are all proud of how Parker played last night. Along with all of the other boys. They had a major turn around from last week. They played like a Sweetwater Mustang team should.

Looks like Snyder didnt spread the red like they thought they would.

Black_Magic
10-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

When your band plays YOUR School song, you should stand and sing the words as a sign of school pride. I can say one thing about snyder . when they lose the do exactly the same thing as when they win. stand behind the other school when they play the school song. Sweetwater also did that last friday night ( great sports ) . Last December we stood behind Sweetwater and then were by our self when our song was played. maybe it does not mean much. All the talk now resembles the talk made after sweetwater vs Snyder game #1. wonder if the season will play out the same way as last year. Time will tell. after all the game was very even. both Os had the same amount of yardage and first downs. Sweetwater just won by making the play when they needed it or had to. again congrats to sweetwater. could see you again in december..

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I can say one thing about snyder . when they lose the do exactly the same thing as when they win. stand behind the other school when they play the school song. Sweetwater also did that last friday night ( great sports ) . Last December we stood behind Sweetwater and then were by our self when our song was played. maybe it does not mean much. All the talk now resembles the talk made after sweetwater vs Snyder game #1. wonder if the season will play out the same way as last year. Time will tell. after all the game was very even. both Os had the same amount of yardage and first downs. Sweetwater just won by making the play when they needed it or had to. again congrats to sweetwater. could see you again in december.. What do you mean "stand behind the other school"?? Im not getting the idea.....

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
What do you mean "stand behind the other school"?? Im not getting the idea.....

they mean when sweetwater plays their school song snyder went behind sweetwaters team holding up their helmets...and vise versa

Ranger Mom
10-16-2005, 10:20 AM
In defense of Snyder (can you believe I said that):p, when we played them, we each stood behind the other during the playing of the school song!

Until the Sweetwater Snyder game, I didn't even know that Snyder HAD a "post game" dance they did.

They beat us on our field, and I don't remember seeing that dance, at all!

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2005, 10:22 AM
OMG that is TACKY! I can't believe that is allowed!! I have never seen that done, thank goodness....shame on ya'll for doing that! :eek: :eek: :mad:Is it a West TExas thing???

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 10:23 AM
They beat us on our field, and I don't remember seeing that dance, at all!
what dance???

Ranger Mom
10-16-2005, 10:24 AM
OMG that is TACKY! I can't believe that is allowed!! I have never seen that done, thank goodness....shame on ya'll for doing that! :eek: :eek: :mad:Is it a West TExas thing???

What's wrong with it?

It shows respect for the other team!

We do it every single game, win or lose!

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 10:25 AM
What's wrong with it?

It shows respect for the other team!

We do it every single game, win or lose!
same here

Ranger Mom
10-16-2005, 10:25 AM
what dance???

The post game dance that people are saying that Snyder does after a win!

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 10:26 AM
The post game dance that people are saying that Snyder does after a win!
uhh....since when?

wildstangs
Several good Snyder people on the board. I think the reason most Sweetwater folks are a little over-zealous (not that I support it) is because of a certain mom from Snyder talking quite a bit.

Will be interesting to see if Snyder can come back and beat Wylie last year. I remember Sweetwater dominating Snyder last year, and then the Tigers went on to beat Wylie, and win the Region 1 championship over Sweetwater. Would prove just how great this district is if Sweetwater and Snyder could meet up again in December.

Bandera YaYa
OK wait...i still must have it wrong then.....WHEN do you do that??

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Several good Snyder people on the board. I think the reason most Sweetwater folks are a little over-zealous (not that I support it) is because of a certain mom from Snyder talking quite a bit.

Will be interesting to see if Snyder can come back and beat Wylie last year. I remember Sweetwater dominating Snyder last year, and then the Tigers went on to beat Wylie, and win the Region 1 championship over Sweetwater. Would prove just how great this district is if Sweetwater and Snyder could meet up again in December.
that would be awesome to meet up w/ sweetwater again like last year

Pmoney
10-16-2005, 10:28 AM
OK wait...i still must have it wrong then.....WHEN do you do that??
at the end of the game they shake hands then the home team does their song and the away team stands behind them then the away team does their song and the home team stands behind them

Ranger Mom
10-16-2005, 10:29 AM
uhh....since when?

Heck I don't know...I am just going by what I read on the "eleventy three" other threads!!:D

Didn't Sweetwater do Snyder's own post game dance after the game?

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2005, 10:33 AM
at the end of the game they shake hands then the home team does their song and the away team stands behind them then the away team does their song and the home team stands behind them So is it respectful or does the winning team, while standing behind the losing team, make noise and gloat????

Ranger Mom
10-16-2005, 10:37 AM
So is it respectful or does the winning team, while standing behind the losing team, make noise and gloat????

I have never heard any of our boys make a sound if they have won....nor have I ever heard another winning team make a noise standing behind us.

I guess you would have to see it to understand, it's not gloating, it's just honoring the opposing teams school!

Bandera YaYa
10-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh I get the picture now.....I have never seen that....guess you have to be there to see it! Is it a West Texas thing?

wildstangs
10-16-2005, 10:40 AM
It is a sign of respect. I know most of you people wouldn't believe it, but for the most part, the Sweetwater - Snyder games are usually pretty clean. The players respect each other, its the select few on here that make each town look bad.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Oh I get the picture now.....I have never seen that....guess you have to be there to see it! Is it a West Texas thing?

Haha....that's a very good question!

Seeing as how we don't play too many teams that aren't from around here, I don't know!!

When we played Daingerfield in the Semi's...after what they pulled, our coaches didn't let the boys go anywhere NEAR the Daingerfield players.

I have never seen it done at a State game as there iis usually too much commotion on the field directly after.

I have to say, when I see two teams show that kind of respect to each other though, it does my heart good!

WitchyWoman
10-17-2005, 10:07 AM

Thank God geeezzzzzzzz and yes IT IS A "WEST TEXAS" thing and proud of it.........

Ranger Mom
10-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Thank God geeezzzzzzzz and yes IT IS A "WEST TEXAS" thing and proud of it.........

Amen Sister!!!:clap:

SnyderMom
10-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

I'm glad to know that I affected ya'll in such a way. It's a football game, if rivalry talk is gonna spark over-zealous hatred, that isn't my fault. I hand it to Sweetwater they played a good game. In no way was I one that was negative towards Sweetwater besides rivalry talk. I didn't have a shirt made, nor did I 'talk crap' to sweetwater during the game. I hate that you compare me to that. It's a bunch of kids having fun.

Nonetheless...snyder didn't show up to play, and sweetwater played an awesome game! We'll see what happens from here on out. Good luck to both teams.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
I'm glad to know that I affected ya'll in such a way. It's a football game, if rivalry talk is gonna spark over-zealous hatred, that isn't my fault. I hand it to Sweetwater they played a good game. In no way was I one that was negative towards Sweetwater besides rivalry talk. I didn't have a shirt made, nor did I 'talk crap' to sweetwater during the game. I hate that you compare me to that. It's a bunch of kids having fun.

Nonetheless...snyder didn't show up to play, and sweetwater played an awesome game! We'll see what happens from here on out. Good luck to both teams.

I don't know that you "affected" folks so much by what you said, but more by how it was said. The appearance, at least to me, was that you registered last Monday with the main purpose of talking some trash. BTW - glad you showed back up to eat your crow. ;) Now all can go on with the upcoming game talk. :)

3afan
10-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
I'm glad to know that I affected ya'll in such a way. ....

dont flatter yourself ... you're just the latest of a very long list of posters that show up before a big game and make some noise ... the big test is whether you hang around and become a regular, respected poster.

we shall see! lets hope you do! if not? then c ya ...

Bandera YaYa
10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Thank God geeezzzzzzzz and yes IT IS A "WEST TEXAS" thing and proud of it......... Hey now.....I have never ever seen that done before...I just didn't understand how it was done....sorry for the waste of space on this dumb thread! :hairpunk: :hand:

3afan
10-17-2005, 10:55 AM
actually its not a "west texas thing" ..... after the game and the handshake most schools face their own band when their school song is played, and the other team turns toward their opponents band as well. so by default they are standing "behind" each other. (most) everyone does it ....

AP Panther Fan
10-17-2005, 10:55 AM
This is one of those threads where I catch myself...

I type out a remark....then erase it.....

I read some more.....

Type out a remark ....then erase it....

I am taking it as a sign, I probably shouldn't be here....:rolleyes: :D

DaHop72
10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
In West Texas, they actually go across the field to stand behind the opposing team while their school song is played.

Mustangpride09
10-17-2005, 06:12 PM
til december....

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 08:12 PM
that would be awesome to meet up w/ sweetwater again like last year

guess you won't be having an awesome meeting like last year

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
guess you won't be having an awesome meeting like last year