PDA

View Full Version : Hempstead over Navasota

CheerMom
10-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Wow, this was a shocker. I was expecting the Rattlers to come out and take care of business. Hempstead may be the Cinderella team of the district. This one might get interesting.

theyoefnshow
10-14-2005, 11:33 PM
sweet. How many more til Bellville is guranteed D1? lol

BrahmaDAD70
10-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Bellville plays Hempstead in 2 weeks and Rice in 3 weeks.
I cant wait.
I love this game !

NHSRattler60
10-15-2005, 01:21 AM
This isn't your average hempstead team guys. they're now 6-1, and They looked great on the field.

Alot of you don't remember....but If I recall...I did say hempstead was going to the playoffs this year...and I was serious.

tortilla_man
10-15-2005, 01:31 AM
wow, hempstead has improved alot! expect alot of respect for this team, used to be a "bye" week of sorts back in my day, alot of playing time for the back ups, but new coach better attitude has made hempstead a team to be reckon with!

powerranger
10-15-2005, 01:40 AM
hempstead is becoming a little overrated!! They barely beat the tigers because of 2 bad snaps. I'll admit they have some athletes and shouldnt be taken lightly, but they aren't a playoff team.

Specklebelly
10-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by powerranger
hempstead is becoming a little overrated!! They barely beat the tigers because of 2 bad snaps. I'll admit they have some athletes and shouldnt be taken lightly, but they aren't a playoff team.

Yes they are a playoff team. All they have to do now is beat Columbus and they are in the playoffs.

I am not sure of the name of their head coach but the guy should already be named 3A coach of the year. This is a program that has been in absloute shambles since Harvey Williams graduated in the late 1980's. Now they are primed for a playoff birth. Congrats to Hempstead. I'm anxious to see them play this Friday.

HPLJ6L
10-15-2005, 10:26 AM
HEMPSTEAD?

Hats off.
They are either real good or real lucky.

scotty
10-15-2005, 10:30 AM
I like Hempstead’s athletes. I’ve seen most of the district 20-3A teams and they have the best looking athletes I’ve seen so far.
They have big, rangy and quick guys at skill positions and big linemen. The new coach was the offensive coordinator at Jasper and seems to have gotten the Bobcat’s attention. I understand they also have a player who transferred there because of the hurricane. They however have the toughest part of their schedule ahead with Bellville and Rice yet to play. But a win over Columbus would give them three district wins which may be enough.

mike_jones_2k3
10-15-2005, 11:20 AM
So shocked. Hats off to the new coach, this programs was horrible last year. Is there something new in the water or do these athletes have some desire to win.

scrub c
10-15-2005, 01:39 PM
All I have to say is . . . congratulations hempstead.

everyone else better prepare, they have some really good skill players. And they WILL make the playoffs and drop to 2 AA next year and them folks better watch out !!!

what-u-say
10-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Hempstead's head coach, Sargent, was the defensive coordinator at Jasper. Jasper lost a good one. He also took with him 2 other Jasper assistants.

CheerMom
10-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by mike_jones_2k3
So shocked. Hats off to the new coach, this programs was horrible last year. Is there something new in the water or do these athletes have some desire to win.

Hey great hearing from you!! We are going to come and watch you play sometime in November. See ya then!!

hoosierdaddy
10-17-2005, 07:33 AM
I believe I called this for Hempstead too. Too many turnovers for the Rattlers against a strong Bobcat team. One more loss by Navasota and Bellville will get the D1 spot. My guess is it will come one the Brahma/ Rattler head to head.

UPanIN
10-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Hempstead has a couple of skill players that make you pay if you give them open field. They are better this year but Navasota was not a good test to see if they can do anything in the playoffs. They very well may go to the playoffs and that's good for them.

The Rattlers looked weak physically. Giving the ball up 5 times 2-3 times in the red zone. Hempstead made normal tackles and the ball was being coughed up.

I'm not looking forward to the Bellville game. Bellville always plays very physical and the Rattlers have an up hill climb. The only chance for Navasota is that Bellville takes them for granted. Don't think that will happen but these are 16-18 year old kids.

My hope is that the Rattlers come out fired up and ready and make some big plays then they will have a chance.

Go Rattlers!

hoosierdaddy
10-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Sounds like you know a lot about the Rattlers and that district. Are you a NHS alum ??

UPanIN
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by hoosierdaddy
Sounds like you know a lot about the Rattlers and that district. Are you a NHS alum ??

I know enough to get me and you in trouble. I've said in the past I always make the right call sittin up in the stands sippin on my coke. Coach just want come up and sit beside me and I've asked. Ha.

One of my sons played for the Rattlers in the past.

Not an alum. Just love them Rattlers and HS football!

hoosierdaddy
10-18-2005, 01:41 PM
I was very familiar with last years Rattler team and still know a couple of the returners. This is definitely not the same group but given time I can see the winning ways coming back to NHS. The JV and Fish teams of full of talent and there are good things in the future for them. Unfortunately, I think football will end on Nov. 4th for this years team.

UPanIN
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
If you know last years team them you know that even though they only played 1 playoff game those kids were totally sold out to the program and to the coach.

It starts at the top and hopefully the the coaches will begin to get the leaders to sell out and the others will follow.

Next year should be better for the Rattlers. But I'm not giving up yet... if the Rattlers can win out it will make it interesting for 20-3A.

dport_33
10-19-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm not saying that Hempstead is not that good, but well they actually aren't. We had three bad plays that cost us the game. Hempstead's offensive line couldn't hold very well, but they have a pretty quick QB. Also, they have a reciever that is about 6'5" and all he did was wait for the QB to lob the ball into the air so he could jump into the air and catch it. Our defense only let up one TD, and our offense fumble the ball on the 3 yd. line. If we would not have screwed up so much, we could have won that game. S#$% happens!

HPLJ6L
10-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Sounds like you spilled a little haterade on the board. What does this thread have to do with your game? Yall lost, Let it go.

venomous tat2
10-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Fedora, will have a winner in Navasota and you can take that to the bank !! This is a young team this year learning a new system
with new philosophies Also there are 2 sr's starting on offense
and 3 on defense along with 3 freshmen. Oh, and by the way
we are NOT throwing in the towel on this season.

JHS_c/o_06'
10-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Way to go coach sarge.

If you read this.....even though your gone....your still a bulldog.

Once a dawg, always a dawg.

Soft-suckka! :D

Bull's-eye
10-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Fedora, will have a winner in Navasota and you can take that to the bank !! This is a young team this year learning a new system

Navasota will be a force to deal with in the future. Even if they don't make the playoffs, getting this young team to improve from week to week and learning the coach's new system are something to really build on.

Brahma73
10-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by dport_33
I'm not saying that Hempstead is not that good, but well they actually aren't. We had three bad plays that cost us the game. Hempstead's offensive line couldn't hold very well, but they have a pretty quick QB. Also, they have a reciever that is about 6'5" and all he did was wait for the QB to lob the ball into the air so he could jump into the air and catch it. Our defense only let up one TD, and our offense fumble the ball on the 3 yd. line. If we would not have screwed up so much, we could have won that game. S#$% happens!

So what are you saying? We shouldn't count this as a Hempstead victory and a Sealy loss because Sealy made a couple of boo boo's? I saw this game and Sealy absolutely dominated the first half but failed to put it away on the scoreboard. After halftime adjustments, the game was actually quite close. The better teams find a way to win and the Cats were the better team that night. Now can we get on with it?

hoosierdaddy
10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2

This is a young team and there is a lot of talent coming up behind but I would bet the farm they won't be able to run the table the rest of this season! They have 2 tough road games to go to make that happen and I just don't see that happening for this young Rattler team. Next year on the other hand........ well that will be a whole other issue.

HPLJ6L
10-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
So what are you saying? We shouldn't count this as a Hempstead victory and a Sealy loss because Sealy made a couple of boo boo's? I saw this game and Sealy absolutely dominated the first half but failed to put it away on the scoreboard. After halftime adjustments, the game was actually quite close. The better teams find a way to win and the Cats were the better team that night. Now can we get on with it?

I suppose we should get everybody back in the stadium and rekick the MISSED FG, so he can be happy.