PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Newton (predictions????)

Cat
12-02-2001, 10:16 PM
What does everyone think about the score in this one. It is a hard one to predict but I gotta go with Giddings by a score of 21-17. I will be really suprised if any one of the teams scores over 25, because this is going to be a true defensive battle. But, both teams have shown some good offensive numbers lately. Who knows? It is going to be a good one. It will be one of the best games this weekend, if not the BEST! The stands will be loaded and both teams I'm sure will be ready.
Let's hear some of your thoughts on the game.

Newton Fan
12-02-2001, 10:41 PM
Truly will be a great game.

Giddings looks to have the edge on the O line. I hear they have 300lb, 280lb and 270lb linemen and run straight at you.

Newton being smaller will run a more to the outside with pulling linemen and traps.

Newton's defense is great and has a kicker that has scored from 44 yards out on a field goal.

This game will come down to which defense can stop the other on the last scoring drive before time runs out.

Probably a lower scoring game than usual I give the edge to Newton by 7.

g-town fan
12-02-2001, 10:54 PM
Yes, Giddings has a nice size line. Gersch (#64) is close to 300. Smith (#61) is around 275. They lead the O line for Giddings. They will come at you from all directions, not just straight up.
Both teams have great defenses. It will probably come down to the end.
Im gonna take giddings by 6.

Newton Fan
12-02-2001, 11:24 PM
yep, g-town fan I concur it most likely will come down to the Big "D" on both sides. Which ever team is able to shut down most effectively will probably live to play next week.

VIC68
12-03-2001, 12:49 AM
NOT SURE WHO WILL WIN THIS ONE!!!! IT MIGHT TAKE OVERTIME TO DECIDE THIS BABY.

df1
12-03-2001, 06:01 AM
This is much more of a type of team Newton is used to playing,I agree it will be a low score on both sides.Newtons defense got them where they are but the offense has really started to click.Newton by 10.

duckbutter
12-03-2001, 10:04 AM
Gidding O-line may be big but can they move? If they don't move real well then Newton will eat them alive. This game will be a war and I predict Newton will win by 14. Newton's RBs will not only have the speed to run around people but they also have the power to run over them as well. Just ask China Springs!

Gobbla2001
12-03-2001, 10:36 AM
I'll tell you one thing about Giddings, they're traditionally tough... Played them in the D1 semi's in '98, we were down 10-0 at halftime, won 13-10 but they were playing a heck of a lot better during that first half... They had the right team to beat Aledo, we did too but not the right calls... Good Luck Giddings!!!

Gobbla2001
12-03-2001, 10:38 AM
I've seen Rice Consolidated play this year and I'm telling you if that offense can put up that many points on the Raider D then they HAVE to have a line that can move, and a defense that can move at that...

TheEagleMan
12-03-2001, 12:52 PM
NEWTON -35
GIDDINGS-17

Old Cardinal
12-03-2001, 01:16 PM
Newton 35 Giddings 7 I don't think Newton will be even challenged till they play LaGrange- that winner will of course win State.

3Aroy
12-03-2001, 01:35 PM
Congratulations Old Cardinal on Bridge City's win over Mexia.
I think that Giddings will have their hands full with Newton's runningbacks. I think that Newton's explosive offense will be the difference in this game. It will be a good game.
Newton- 28
Giddings- 19

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited December 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited December 03, 2001).]

the claw
12-03-2001, 01:45 PM
Giddings has pretty good speed on defense. The secondary swarms to the ball on the run. Their O-line can move good for their size. They also have a good reciever in number 1. I don't know anything about Newton but that's what I saw from giddings. I'll say Newton by 3 though, the kicking game will hurt the Buffs.

eagleman18
12-03-2001, 07:12 PM
newton 21 giddings 10

joe gooch
12-03-2001, 08:52 PM
You hear a lot about Newton's defense and they are very good. But no one has been able to shut down our offense, including Jasper, a very good 4A school who is also still in the play off. Newton by 14+

Polysemous
12-04-2001, 08:47 AM
The curse of the Black Eagle may cast its spell this week. Look out Newton for a Giddings team that has not upset the gypsy kings.

Newton Thug
12-04-2001, 09:17 AM
Dude you need to get a life Newton by 21

Specklebelly
12-04-2001, 02:05 PM
I feel this game is too close to call but I will say this, the winner of this game is going to be the state champ. The two teams that they knocked out last week, Rice and China Spring, would win any other region. Region 3 is just that tough. Giddings and Newton should be one heck of a game.

Husker98
12-04-2001, 02:11 PM
Anybody know anything about Gidding's offense? Are they quick? Are they big? Etc.

Cardinal'80
12-04-2001, 02:15 PM
Newton is one of the fastest teams you will ever see, Not only did they score all those points on Jasper but didn't they Beat BMT Ozen, the advantage the eagles have is that awesome pre-district schedule no powderpuffs mostly 4A powers, BC does the same thing and that is why they can handle the hype.
Newton 35-7

ej2525
12-04-2001, 02:18 PM
Well, I don't know that much about Giddings. But, I know Newton basically whipped us (Bridge City) in district play 32-0. Both teams are still playing this week. These are both very good teams and my hats off to Newton! Giddings is in far more than they bargain for. I have a feeling a state title could be heading to East Texas. And possibly 2 championships to the same district 21-3A. Go Cards!! Go Eagles!!

[This message has been edited by ej2525 (edited December 04, 2001).]

maestro
12-04-2001, 02:29 PM
Specklebelly, be careful about picking the state champ out of this game. LaGrange will be tough assuming they beat Wimberly. Commerce will be tough out of Region 2 assuming they make it. winnsboro beat a good Atlanta team and should not have, Commerce then beats Winnsboro and now play Gladewater who beat Winnsboro earlier in the year. Newton is tough but dont be so quick to pick a state champ from one game. Anything can happen.

eagleman18
12-04-2001, 07:12 PM
this is true! But you haven't seen the eagles, they're tough! And I'm sure Giddings is too having made it this far out of our region. I truely think whoever winns our region winns state! sorry maestro or whatever your name is... http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

oldbuff78
12-04-2001, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
Newton 35 Giddings 7 I don't think Newton will be even challenged till they play LaGrange- that winner will of course win State.

GIDDINGS CAN PUT THIS ONE IN THE BANK.
WITH IVEY AND PRICE CALLING THE SHOTS, STICK A FORK IN THE EAGLES, THEY ARE DONE!!!

joe gooch
12-04-2001, 08:45 PM
won't be anything left after Friday night but buffalo chips.

Cat
12-04-2001, 09:48 PM
I can tell you a little bit about Giddings offense. They are like a big puzzle. They don't just have 1 or 2 superstars on the team who you have to stop. They all work together and when they are clicking on all cylinders, they are very tough. You will think you have their star player contained and then all of a sudden someone else steps up and plays a big factor in the game. When I watched them against Rice their O line looked to be pretty good size. They have numerous rb's who look strong. Receivers also looked tough, especially #1. Newton I have heard is very tough too though. This will definitely be an outstanding game. I will be very suprised if the margin between the teams at the end of the game is more than 10. From what I saw against Rice, and what I saw about Newton's defense against China Spring, you eagles should have your hands full against Giddings. I believe if Giddings limits their errors and can contain Newton's offense, they should be able to put up enough offense to win.
In the end, I am going to pick Giddings to win in a close one. Buffaloes 21-14.

dogdad
12-04-2001, 10:29 PM
Giddings 17
Newton 14
I don't think the winner of this game will automatically win state....will still have to play 2 good teams...don't count your chickens, it angers the football gods.

untamedguierilla
12-05-2001, 11:39 PM
The question was concerning the G-town offense. Be for real. Have you heard of C. Winn, M. Jones, C. Moore, D. Blasig, D. Gersh, A. Smith,J. Ray, and C. Daniels. If you haven't best believe you will!!! Best luck to both teams!! Stay focused and go for the PRIZE!!!! Remember Prayer!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2001, 10:25 PM
Giddings 39 Newton 28
This will be a good game. Giddings will pull away in the 4th Quarter. Too many weapons.