PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside 44 Mathis 7 - Final

99IHSMustang
10-14-2005, 10:39 PM
The Mustangs played extremely well tonight. Congratulations on the win guys.

99IHSMustang
10-14-2005, 10:45 PM
On a side note: A player from Mathis was injured and had to be taken off the field in an ambulance. My prayers go out to his family and friends in Mathis.

sinton66
10-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Congrats to the 'stangs.

SintonFan
10-15-2005, 02:42 AM
Congratulations Mustangs. :clap:
This win is suprising to me but prolly not yall.:D

pirate4state
10-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Ingleside explodes for blowout win over Mathis
QB Chrisman throws for three TDs on night

By STUART DUNCAN Caller-Times
October 15, 2005

INGLESIDE - Mathis opened District 30-3A play the hard way Friday night at Mustang Stadium.

Ingleside scored the first 38 points of the game en route to a 44-7 victory Friday to foil the Pirates' first district game of the season.

"We told the kids that this was our season," Mustangs coach Graig Hesseltine said. "We knew we had to win this game. I was glad to see the kids step up and accept the challenge."

"They put on a show tonight," Pirates coach Ray Zepeda said of the Mustangs. "We'll bounce back. We'll be OK."

Mathis (4-2 overall) was no match for the Mustangs' first-half onslaught. Ingleside turned three fumble recoveries into 17 points and raced to a 38-0 second-quarter lead, which would be more than enough for the Mustangs (4-3 overall, 1-1 district).

Ingleside sophomore quarterback Travis Chrisman - in just his second start of the season - threw three touchdown passes in the first half and junior receiver Joel Johnson caught three touchdowns to help stake the Mustangs to the big lead.

Ingleside sophomore running back Matthew Rodriguez threw the other scoring pass - a 44-yarder to Johnson off a halfback pass - and Rodriguez also closed the second-quarter scoring with a 23-yard scoring run. Junior wide receiver/running back Zack Adams also scored in the first half on a 25-yard pass from Chrisman.

Behind two scoring receptions by Johnson, the Mustangs stormed to a 17-0 first quarter lead. Sophomore defensive lineman Stuart Hamilton's fumble recovery set up Rodriguez's 24 yard field goal in that quarter.

Capitalizing on two more Pirates' turnovers, Ingleside then outscored Mathis, 21-0 in the second half to take total control of the game.

Johnson had scoring receptions of 11, 23 and 44 yards in the first half and had 88 of his 138 receiving yards in the first half. Chrisman completed 12 of his first 16 passes and finished 19 of 26 for 240 yards passing and no interceptions.

The Mustangs' defense was just as dominant as their offense, as the unit limited Mathis to minus four yards rushing in the first half and three first downs. Pirates standout running back Amos Blanche was held to six yards rushing on 12 carries in the game.Mathis finished with 12 yards rushing on 19 attempts.

Rodriguez's 25 yard field goal late in the third quarter extended Ingleside's lead to 41-0, before Mathis scored its first points in the opening minute of the fourth quarter. The Pirates took advantage of an Ingleside fumble and scored when senior quarterback Ernest Huerta threw a 10 yard scoring pass to senior wide receiver Arnuld Encinia. Kicker Adrian Deleon's extra point pulled Mathis to within, 41-7 but that's as close as the Pirates would come.

Rodriguez's 44 yard fourth-quarter punt return set up his 27 yard field to close the scoring for the Mustangs.

Mathis wide receiver Vinny Sarate was taken by an ambulance to a hospital Friday. Zepeda said Sarate injured his back with 12 seconds remaining in the third quarter of the game and was taken away for precautionary measures.

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING - MATHIS: Amos Blanche 12-6, Ernest Huerta 2-(-7), Vinny Sarate 1-(-11), Orlando Vega 4-24. INGLESIDE: Zack Adams 3-(-4), Josh Coffield 17-55, Matthew Rodriguez 12-80, Travis Chrisman 2-(-14), Trevor Burris 1-0.

PASSING - MATHIS: Huerta 17-34-1-168; INGLESIDE: Chrisman 19-26-0-240, Rodriguez 1-1-0-44.

RECEIVING - MATHIS: Sarate 2-16, Blanche 3-49, Vega 3-13, Albert Ruiz 3-18 Arnuld Encinia 3-47, Jacob Rosales 1-15; INGLESIDE: Joel Johnson 10-138, Zack Adams 4-80, Harold Foster 4-74, Rodriguez 1-8.

Contact Stuart Duncan at 886-3796

or duncans@caller.com duncans@caller.com

LINK (http://www.caller.com/ccct/high_school_football/article/0,1641,CCCT_11856_4160906,00.html)

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2005, 09:31 AM
CONGRATULATIONS INGLESIDE!

Great win....I KNEW you could do it! Amos who?:D

pirate4state
10-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Amos who?:D Hopefully next week Sinton will be able to ask the same question. :clap:

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hopefully next week Sinton will be able to ask the same question. :clap:

Must have been a really long night...12 yards rushing on 19 attempts for the evening.:eek:

Sinton's D is tough....I don't think that will change in the next week.;)

big daddy russ
10-17-2005, 04:40 AM
Great game by the boys, but this doesn't mean Mathis is out of the running at all. Sounds like the USC/OU game last year-- fumbles and mistakes just took the wind out of their sails and they never recovered. I have a feeling that Mathis will be right there the rest of the way. Good luck to the Pirates and we just need to keep improving every week.

IHStangFan
10-17-2005, 11:33 AM
congrats Mustangs!

AP Panther Fan
10-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
congrats Mustangs!

You, my friend, have been extremely absent in recent days! I guess you are going to say you have been busy?

All Ingleside needs is:

MORE COWBELL!

IHStangFan
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
You, my friend, have been extremely absent in recent days! I guess you are going to say you have been busy?

All Ingleside needs is:

MORE COWBELL! EXTREMELY busy! Working on the land 12 acres is a b*tch to keep up by yourself, its hunting season, new girlfriend who works on a ranch in her spare time which translates to horses....been doing alot of horseback riding in the evenings w/ her. then there's always work..... you know how it goes :D

AP Panther Fan
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
EXTREMELY busy! Working on the land 12 acres is a b*tch to keep up by yourself, its hunting season, new girlfriend who works on a ranch in her spare time which translates to horses....been doing alot of horseback riding in the evenings w/ her. then there's always work..... you know how it goes :D

Well, when you put it that way....it is hard to feel sorry for you! Sounds like you are having a good time despite the extra work! ;)

IHStangFan
10-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Well, when you put it that way....it is hard to feel sorry for you! Sounds like you are having a good time despite the extra work! ;) well, its all fun and games till a buncha pothead kids jump outa the brush and spook your horse, and all you can do is hang on....then once you get him calmed down...you call out to the morons in the dark to identify themselves..theyre on private land...and no answer....

finally Kristen yells to them "we're armed" and i unholster my pistol..then they suddenly begin to sing and dance, LOL. just a buncha kids out there probably smoking pot from the best we could tell.....but at first was kinda scary as we thought it was a group of illegals. she goes out there in the evenings alot by herself....shes learning to shoot the pistol this week.

interesting weekend to say the least...and there seems to be a theme to it lately....."imagine the craziest thing that could happen...and it will" did i tell you about the Border Patrol chopper that laned in my front yard awhile back? :doh:

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 12:07 PM

99IHSMustang
10-18-2005, 12:36 PM

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
No, I feel bad for the kids and they should not be punished for this.

IHStangFan
10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by stickandmove
No, I feel bad for the kids and they should not be punished for this. if thats what you think, you have a very distorted perception of reality. :doh:

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Know the difference.

IHStangFan
10-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Know the difference. i'm not understanding your logic here :wave:

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
This thread has taken a hard right turn right and headed south. :thinking:

[color=blue]Sorry, I hadn't read before now, or it would've been....lhpm[/blue]

IHStangFan
10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
This thread has taken a hard right turn right and headed south. :thinking: :devil:

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 01:33 PM

IHStangFan
10-18-2005, 01:39 PM
thats just my $.02

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 01:45 PM

rgn4fb
10-18-2005, 04:06 PM

IHStangFan
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM
i THOUGHT this was the case, but wasnt completely sure...thank you for clearing that up. :clap:

piratebg
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM

rgn4fb
10-18-2005, 04:18 PM

piratebg
10-18-2005, 04:21 PM
No problem.

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
You know...I have refrained from posting anything up until now, but I think this whole thread is just WRONG! I see no need to drag a young man, a school/coach, a team or an entire community through the mud. Ingleside is a proud community and I don't think the folks that live there or the kids that go to school there deserve this. I think everyone needs to leave it alone!

Fish's mom
10-18-2005, 09:19 PM
I thought long and hard before posting here on this thread which I believe became a slander case against the team. And believe for that it should be closed. I believe you can question rules, regulations, and have a opinion if you are informed with all the facts. I, being a mother of a son on the team, don't even know all the facts so how can everyone else know them all. I do know that the kids on this team did not make the decision nor do I know if the AD made the decision. What I do know is that this team is a great young talented group of kids that have worked hard to come together as a team. They have had to change positions, work twice as hard, and step up their level of play. They have only 5 seniors, 10(give or take a few) juniors and the rest are sophmores. And if they make the playoffs, then Amen, what a great experience for them. If not, I, for one will still be proud of them. My own son had no experience as quarterback, and was told he was quarterbacking and had just had two days to prepare. He is not guilty for anyone mistakes but his own. I don't think a team should be judged on what decision are not theirs to make. If you believe an injustice was done, then I believe the coaches can have an UIL inquiry BUT do not be the jury for this team of BOYS or of this town. GO MUSTANGS!! We're proud of ya'll, ya'll had to overcome alot this year that had nothing to do with your actions but by actions of others, whoever they may be.

SintonFan
10-18-2005, 10:38 PM
any coach who will try to cover up the fact that his stud player is a drunk driver who killed someone and uses a technicality to play him for a chance to win is not a very moral person. I hope Ingelside looses alot to repay for his poor judgement. The H/C has made that town look bad to the rest of people throughout the state.

I hope Sinton hangs 80 on them then Goliad keeps them out of the playoffs. YOU DON'T DESERVE THE PLAYOFFS.
You seem to know alot from up there in DFW. You also seem to show less than you know.:thinking:
Why does someone from DFW post on nothing but 30-3A football? :thinking: :thinking:
Why do you proclaim to know more than the locals from 8 hours away?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
I hope noone hangs 80 on anyone. This Sinton fan knows that when some says they want someone to "hang 80" on someone they are punitive and this might be a case of who actually lost to the Mustangs this last week versus the actual discussion at hand. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Come on, just saying you want Sinton to hang 80 on Ingleside(which isn't gonna happen) begs the question, "Do you want the team to suffer?"....

stickandmove
10-18-2005, 11:32 PM
I grew up there. I love the sports atmosphere in the coastal region. I hate to see the fine boys of Ingleside suffer from this problem. I am not slandering the community or the team but the wrongful descion to let this person play. I wonder if he was a 3rd team wide receiver, would the same rules apply? I don't really care if Sinton or Goliad hangs 80 on them, I am a Trojan.

rgn4fb
10-19-2005, 06:06 AM
But how is it immoral to play someone

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Woah! I should have read this before now. It's over.