PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park 42 - Vernon 17 Final

GreenMonster
10-14-2005, 10:25 PM
The Hawks that everyone in Iowa Park expected to see all season finally showed up and put together a strong effort to down the Vernon Lions in a District 5-3A battle of longtime rivals.

SintonFan
10-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Bout time huh? lol
Congrats IP!:clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Terrible game for the Lions. :( Great game for the Hawks. This one could have been worse as the Hawks lost a sure 14 points on penalties (long pass plays). The Hawk defense bent but didn't break. Where have these guys been all year? The Hawks looked good. The Lions looked terrible. Bad clock mgmt, terrible defense, no half time adjustments, no passing game and we need some attention fast.

Did meet up w/ Furry900, Vernonlion#1, and GreenMonster. Had a great time at the halftime chat but then had to endure watching my Lions get blown out.

Great win for the Hawks. Hope the Lions can beat Hirschi next week.

Bullaholic
10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Congrats to the Hawks, GM---boy did they ever need one like this over a perennial power like Vernon. Should do a lot to boost the Hawks confidence from here on in.

GreenMonster
10-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Terrible game for the Lions. :( Great game for the Hawks. This one could have been worse as the Hawks lost a sure 14 points on penalties (long pass plays). The Hawk defense bent but didn't break. Where have these guys been all year? The Hawks looked good. The Lions looked terrible. Bad clock mgmt, terrible defense, no half time adjustments, no passing game and we need some attention fast.

Did meet up w/ Furry900, Vernonlion#1, and GreenMonster. Had a great time at the halftime chat but then had to endure watching my Lions get blown out.

Great win for the Hawks. Hope the Lions can beat Hirschi next week.

Z, it was great meeting you and the guys. Maybe we can do it again sometime. Who knows, I might try to make it to next week's game with the Huskies. Just like I told you at the half, that is the team we've been expecting to see all year. Things are starting ot gel for the Hawks. My 2 rounds deep in the playoffs prediction might happen yet.

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Easy win for the HAwks....... :D :clap:

RMAC
10-15-2005, 12:57 AM
I stand corrected. I was saying Vernon by 7+, but IP showed that it's a whole new ball game come time for district. I sure hope it makes for some interesting games here in the next 3 weeks. I didn't watch the game or listen to it, but some of my friends went up there and said that IP was playing like they can and Vernon was not. Good game to all and good luck to both teams throughout district. I still think my Steers are going to come our top though.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
I stand corrected. I was saying Vernon by 7+, but IP showed that it's a whole new ball game come time for district. I sure hope it makes for some interesting games here in the next 3 weeks. I didn't watch the game or listen to it, but some of my friends went up there and said that IP was playing like they can and Vernon was not. Good game to all and good luck to both teams throughout district. I still think my Steers are going to come our top though.

RMAC:

I think the Steers are in the drivers seat so to speak. The Lions have trouble with the pass and Graham will pick them apart. Vernon's only hope now is to beat Breck. But that may be tough to do. WIth Breck beating IP it could get messy should Vernon beat Breck and if they go by points like they have in the past then Vernon is out due to the blowout loss tonight. It may take the Lions running the table from here on out to just make the playoffs.

IP looked very good tonight. I haven't seen them play this year but from what I saw tonight they looked like every bit of an undefeated team.

But your right it will get interesting. Lots of things can happen. Breck has a good team and will play with Graham.

BTW I heard a lot of bad mojo about our coaching staff tonight in the stands. If the Lions don't make the playoffs again this year I'm sure the rumblings will get louder.

SoulTaker_IP
10-15-2005, 11:34 AM
i knew yall had it in you.... great job guys, what i was waitng 4

Da Mules
10-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Congrats IP. I hereby take my crow, GreenMonster :D
Keep your chins up Lions; it ain't over till the fat cheerleader sings

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Congrats IP. I hereby take my crow, GreenMonster :D
Keep your chins up Lions; it ain't over till the fat cheerleader sings

If a tie situation occurs for a playoff seed the Lions are down by a lot of points in the tie breaker.

I think I hear that Fat Cheerleader signing as I write this post!

Mustangpride09
10-15-2005, 04:25 PM
when we scrimmaged vernon this season they werent very good, whats their record and who else is in their district?

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2005, 04:27 PM
We are 3-4 this year.

GreenMonster
10-15-2005, 08:02 PM
If a tie situation occurs for a playoff seed the Lions are down by a lot of points in the tie breaker.

I think I hear that Fat Cheerleader signing as I write this post!

I'm just thankful you folks from Vernon allowed her to get onto the bus and leave good ol' IP. Fatty Mc Swine has been cheering on our sidelines for the last 3 seasons. I'm tired of getting that sick feeling everytime I happen to look down from the game and see her belly jigglin' , GROSS!!!

VWG
10-15-2005, 08:37 PM
The last week of the season will be a good one in 5-3A.

Graham plays at Iowa Park, and Breckenridge goes to Vernon.
This upcoming week Graham has to go to Breckenridge. Rivalry game, but the Steers have come out on top of this one several years running.
Anybody notice that the Buckaroos last two games they've scored most of their points on TD plays that are 25+ yards????

Vernon will get a W on Hirschi.
I can also see why the fans in Vernon are getting upset. With the talent they have and to not make the playoffs last year.... well, let's just say they better make a good final run these last couple of weeks and make the playoffs. I can't see anybody withstanding a stretch of back to back no playoff seasons in Vernon. Only Leo Britain could have withstood that... and even so they would've put the heat on him to get it corrected soon.

GreenMonster
10-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by VWG
The last week of the season will be a good one in 5-3A.

Graham plays at Iowa Park, and Breckenridge goes to Vernon.
This upcoming week Graham has to go to Breckenridge. Rivalry game, but the Steers have come out on top of this one several years running.
Anybody notice that the Buckaroos last two games they've scored most of their points on TD plays that are 25+ yards????

Vernon will get a W on Hirschi.
I can also see why the fans in Vernon are getting upset. With the talent they have and to not make the playoffs last year.... well, let's just say they better make a good final run these last couple of weeks and make the playoffs. I can't see anybody withstanding a stretch of back to back no playoff seasons in Vernon. Only Leo Britain could have withstood that... and even so they would've put the heat on him to get it corrected soon.
I think you nailed it VWG. What's worse is last season they only needed to win in Breck to get in and the AD decided to have his hemrhoids operated on right then so he'd be ready for the playoffs. I don't know about anywhere else, but where I come from you have to be in the playoffs in order to take time to prepare for them. I really thought Coach Hall was going to do a great job after his first season, man was I wrong.

Macarthur
10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, lots of us have been saying all year that IP has the talent; they just haven't put it all together. They did that. It will be interesting what this does for their confidence. If they do make the playoffs, there will be a team or two that will look at their schedule and take them for granted.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Well, lots of us have been saying all year that IP has the talent; they just haven't put it all together. They did that. It will be interesting what this does for their confidence. If they do make the playoffs, there will be a team or two that will look at their schedule and take them for granted.

2003 Atlanta Rabbs. Lost 4 games entered district 1-4 and ran the table the rest of the way.

Vernon is a decent team. But by no measure a Sweetwater or Wylie, both of those teams are very, very good. I will throw in Snyder while I'm at it. IP will have to see either a Sweetwater or Snyder so they will need to keep it together. But from what I saw last Friday IP looked like a championship team. I bet they would like a rematch with Breck!

Bandera YaYa
10-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Easy win for the Hawks..... :D :clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Easy win for the Hawks..... :D :clap:

I think I could have scored against the Lions last week! :D

Macarthur
10-17-2005, 07:16 PM
2003 Atlanta Rabbs. Lost 4 games entered district 1-4 and ran the table the rest of the way.

Vernon is a decent team. But by no measure a Sweetwater or Wylie, both of those teams are very, very good. I will throw in Snyder while I'm at it. IP will have to see either a Sweetwater or Snyder so they will need to keep it together. But from what I saw last Friday IP looked like a championship team. I bet they would like a rematch with Breck!

Yeah, I don't know how they would do against those guys, but I think they would like a rematch with Breck. If you take away the first 15 minutes or so of that Breck game, IP outplayed them for a majority of that game.