PDA

View Full Version : Columbia 14 Wharton 13

Necked
10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Wharton took a PAT off the board (why??) with 6 min. to go and and a tied game and went for two. They were stopped in the backfield.
What a brutal, gut-wrenching game, with multiple ejections early on...
My hats off to Wharton, they played a hell of a game.

shellman54
10-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Ejections? I knew their was some bad blood between the teams , but not that bad..............

Necked
10-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Two of ours, one of theirs. Don't know what happened but there were some fist flying.....It setteled down for a while, then the refs had to stop play in the forth when it flared up again...

44INAROW
10-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Wharton took a PAT off the board (why??) with 6 min. to go and and a tied game and went for two. They were stopped in the backfield.
What a brutal, gut-wrenching game, with multiple ejections early on...
My hats off to Wharton, they played a hell of a game.

sounds like an interesting game for sure. Congrats to WC

LogieJoeBean001
10-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Our backup qb stepped up and first play after he took over he threw a beautiful td pass.

44INAROW
10-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Doesn't seem like a reasonable call to make when the game is tied up to take points OFF the board. Especially when WC had been tough on defense all night
Not to mention we probably have lost our starting qb with a possible acl tear.

Hate to hear about the QB's injury.. hope he's OK. I bet the coach wishes he had the PAT decision back - tough call to make, it if works, he's a hero, if it doesn't, he's not..

LogieJoeBean001
10-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hate to hear about the QB's injury.. hope he's OK. I bet the coach wishes he had the PAT decision back - tough call to make, it if works, he's a hero, if it doesn't, he's not..

Didn't look good. He was on crutches, couldn't put any weight on the injured leg. I saw him go down and grab his knee immediately.

scrub c
10-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Wharton definately wins the UNDERARMOR battle. Im talking right down to the socks... Those dudes look like they are chissled out of granite. I look at them, and look at us and say WOW, we are in trouble ! ! !

however, in the end, it was West Columbia hanging on for a tough physical 14-13 Win.

Hope #3 ((the qb) is okay - very good player)

neck_94
10-15-2005, 07:59 AM
...the fight early on was frustration on WC part because Wharton was puttin' it to em on defense. They were definitely not moving the ball in the way they were accustomed to...

What are you talking about??? that was like the 4th offensive play for the 'Necks... and they were moving and did move the ball at will.

...The clock was not Wharton's friend either seeing how on a few occasions it just kept on running when the play had gone out of bounds and one time Wharton had called time out and it kept running. No time was put back on the clock. I'm not sure if these "errors" were accounted for in any way.

Clock is never your friend when you cant stop the other team and they are "taking the air out of the ball". The only thing that slowed down the 'Necks was penalties (9 against Columbia 1 against Wharton)
As far as clock operators, those guys come with the officiating crew, so I dont have an explanation there, Everyone in the stands, myself included, were worried about the clock as well, whether or not we would have time to drive down and win the game with 4 minutes left after Wharton scored.

3afan
10-15-2005, 08:06 AM
horsecollar tackle

not illegal in HS ...

pirate4state
10-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Columbia goes to the wire to beat Wharton

October 15, 2005

WEST COLUMBIA - Columbia stopped a two-point conversion try by the Wharton Tigers with 4:24 to play to pull out a 14-13 victory.

Wharton's Jamial Shelton connected with Brian Cervenka on a 28-yard scoring pass to pull the Tigers to within one of the Roughnecks. But Columbia stiffened and held off the the two-point try to preseve a key District 25-3A victory.

Columbia improved to 5-1 on the year and 2-0 in district, while Wharton fell to 3-3 and 1-1.

Columbia jumped out in the first quarter on a 5-yard run by Jared Flannel and a Brian Rohde extra point.

Wharton's Joel Simpson help the Tigers tie the game with 1:03 to play in the half on a 5-yard run with Jeremy Schulz adding the point after.

Columbia answered in the third with 1:22 left when Laquincy Baugh broke free on a 15-yard TD run. Rhode added the key extra point.

LogieJoeBean001
10-15-2005, 09:43 AM
[

LogieJoeBean001
10-15-2005, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by neck_94
[B]What are you talking about??? that was like the 4th offensive play for the 'Necks... and they were moving and did move the ball at will.

neck_94
10-15-2005, 11:27 AM
you got to be kidding me????

...its the band, they dont even know there is a game being played! They are just happy its football season so they have something to do on friday night.

And more than anything...it sounds like sour grapes on your part...

neck_94
10-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Well, did ya'll get your 420 plus yards on offense...don't think so...

Yes, you are correct, the paper said 358 total yards.

So if nothing else that is a testament to Wharton's MUCH improved defense. Much better than years past. (yes a compliment)

Necked
10-15-2005, 11:36 AM

Oh, and might I add that it was the most tasteless and unclassy thing I've ever hear for the WC band to play the dum da da dum da da da da da da dum funeral sounding music while Wharton's qb was down on the ground hurt!!!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Sorry about that, but I don't think they knew someone was hurt, as he was off the field on the far sideline. When the director figured out what was happening, he ran over and yelled at them to stop playing...
I'm just thankful more players didn't get hurt. I've never seen so many brutal tackles in one game before. Most of them were of Fleurinor popping Flannel. A&M got themselves a good linebacker coming...

Necked
10-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Columbia survives Wharton

By Anthony Maenza
The Facts

Published October 15, 2005

WEST COLUMBIA — A rule of thumb in football is to never take points off the scoreboard.

The Wharton Tigers broke that rule Friday, and Columbia came away with a 14-13 victory in District 25-3A at Griggs Field.

The Tigers had drawn within a point with 4:24 left in the game when Jamial Shelton caught a 28-yard touchdown pass from Brian Carvenka, who came in for that one play for injured quarterback Joel Ansley.

Wharton kicker Jeremy Schulz kicked the extra point to tie the game, but the Roughnecks were offside on the play.

Tiger coach Russell Roberts decided to gamble. He took the point off the scoreboard and decided to go for a two-point conversion to take the lead.

Ansley, who returned to the game, got a low snap from center in the shotgun formation and was stopped short of the goal line.

“It was a gutsy call by Russell,” Columbia coach Brian Lane said. “If they would have made it, he would have been a hero.”

In a game that featured two high-powered offenses, it was the defenses that took over the spotlight. Columbia limited the Tigers to 209 total yards. Wharton allowed 340 yards, but was able to slow the Roughneck offense enough to keep it from scoring big points.

“Both teams were able to move the football,” Lane said, “but just couldn’t get the ball in the end zone.”

Columbia (5-1, 2-0) struck quickly in the battle between the top two teams in District 25-3A.

James Woodard recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff to give the Roughnecks the ball at the Wharton 32.

After a 27-yard pass from Tim Vernor to Shane Minks got the ’Necks to the Tiger 5-yard line, running back Jared Flannel scored with 11:23 left in the first quarter.

It was part of a big night for Flannel, who rushed for 160 yards on 32 carries.

Before the end of the first half, Wharton was able to tie the score. The Tigers went on a 70-yard drive capped by Joel Simpson’s five-yard touchdown run with 1:03 remaining in the second quarter.

Columbia got the go-ahead touchdown with 1:22 left in the third quarter. LaQuincy Baugh, who went into the game for a weary Flannel, broke through the Wharton defense and scored from 15 yards out. The play capped a 69-yard drive. A 38-yard pass from Vernor to Flannel got the Roughnecks deep into Wharton territory on that drive.

The victory puts Columbia in the driver’s seat for a second-straight District 25-3A title. The Roughnecks play cross-county rival Sweeny next Friday.

“This gets us a little bit closer to our goal,” Lane said. “We still have a little bit of work ahead of us.”

Columbia 14,
Wharton 13

Friday, October 14 • At Columbia
7:30 PM Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 F
Wharton 0 7 0 6 13
Columbia 7 0 7 0 14

First quarter
C — Jared Flannel 5 run (Brian Rohde kick); 11:23.

Second quarter
W — Joel Simpson 5 run (Jeremy Schulz kick); 1:03.

Third quarter
C — LaQuincy Baugh 15 run (Rohde kick); 1:22.

Fourth quarter
W — Jamial Shelton 28 pass from Brian Carvenka (run failed); 4:24.

Game stats Columbia Wharton
First Downs 22 10
Rushes-Yards 44-205 26-132
Passing-Yards 135 77
Passes 9-18-1 7-14-0
Punts-Average 1-36 3-41
Fumbles-Lost 2-0 4-1
Penalties-Yards 9-62 1-5

Individual Statistics
Rushing — C: Flannel 32-160; W: Joel Ansley 12-90.

Passing — C: Tim Vernor 5-9-1, 95 yards, Shane Minks 4-9-0, 40 yards; W: Ansley 6-13-0, 49 yards, Brian Carvenka 1-1-0, 28 yards.

Receiving — C: Flannel 2-46, Taylor Logsdon 3-32, Justin Scott 2-22; W: Shelton 7-77.

A great game by Flannel. 32 carries, 2 receptions, 206 yds of offense, all while playing full time on defense. Thats why he is the reigning district MVP.......

Johnnypaycheck
10-15-2005, 12:20 PM

Point also taken about the clock, so I SHOULD have said the officials running the clock were not Wharton's friend then, as you have also pointed that it was the officials responsibility for running and stopping the clock correctly! You just don't keep the clock running when it should be stopped,

...and WC should have even more penalties called on them...but didn't...and I'm sure Wharton too, but the one I had the biggest problem with was the slamming on the ground of #3 early in the game when he had released the ball way ahead of the hit and slam. I think in anybody's book that would have been a roughing the passer, personal foul.

We use the same chapter of officials you use so how is that home cooking???

Tell the coaches not to make the QB carry out the fakes and he won't get drilled. With him running the ball so much, our defense had to make sure he didn't have it.

This was a hard fought, well played contest between two very good teams. We wish Wharton the best of luck the rest of the way! GO NECKS! BEAT SWEENY!

whtfbplaya
10-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I really wish the Wharton people would stop complaining, everytime they lose, about everything but themselves!

LogieJoeBean001
10-16-2005, 12:59 PM
[

LogieJoeBean001
10-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
We use the same chapter of officials you use so how is that home cooking???

Tell the coaches not to make the QB carry out the fakes and he won't get drilled. With him running the ball so much, our defense had to make sure he didn't have it.

This was a hard fought, well played contest between two very good teams. We wish Wharton the best of luck the rest of the way! GO NECKS! BEAT SWEENY!

Congratulations to WC and good luck to you guys the rest of the way too!

LogieJoeBean001
10-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
I really wish the Wharton people would stop complaining, everytime they lose, about everything but themselves!

I
.back to the real world....I apologize to ALL of WC, team and town for anything offensive or rude I might have said that may have hurt anyone's feelings, that was not my intention...since when is making personal observations from a first-hand perspective wrong. If dissecting and discussing certain points of a game is complaining, then so be it....I'll support my team in any fashion I so desire...thank you very much:clap: :clap:

...oh and I almost forgot to complain about myself...well, I'm not perfect but then we don't live in a perfect world. I don't mow my yard often enough, don't change the oil in my vehicle by the date on the sticker (but it does get done), don't clean the house down to the last little speck of dust, don't quite get all my work completed on time, most, but not all...is that enough or do I need to come up with more...I'm sure I can.

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I would like to complain about myself also!!!! I don't take showers for weeks during the summers. I annoy the hell out of people when i ride my dirtbikes. I clean my truck more than i clean my room. I slack off in school every once in a while. I sleep in Mrs. Thornton's class every day (she bores me). I love football more than i love my girlfriend. oh wait we aren't together anymore. I spend to much money on stuff i don't need. I joke around to much. But i can't complain about one tiger fan who is always there for any of us on the team and that is Logie Joe.

Logie Joe your the woman!!!!

BU97
10-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Other than the fumble on the opening kickoff (I thought he was down without question) we thought that it was a pretty well called game. The refs took control on the early scuffle, kicked 3 players out and that pretty much put an end to that. So scratch the notion that we were blaming the officiating.

As for the play Ansley got hurt, nothing dirty at all, he got tackled from the back and his knee just got in a weird position and that was that.

whtfbplaya
10-16-2005, 11:02 PM
I get the ever so subtle hint that you mean me, so I humbly apologize for my horrific behavior and am abashadley ashamed of myself.

It was the best darn game I've ever seen in my entire life...high school, college and pro combined...and I've been watching football now for about 40 years. Every aspect of the game was played to perfection, no mistakes on anyone's part, officials, players, coaches or fans, at anytime. It was THE most harmonious game ever. If there was an award for the Most Perfect Football Game Ever, this would definitely have won it.

:rolleyes: :p :mad:

.back to the real world....I apologize to ALL of WC, team and town for anything offensive or rude I might have said that may have hurt anyone's feelings, that was not my intention...since when is making personal observations from a first-hand perspective wrong. If dissecting and discussing certain points of a game is complaining, then so be it....I'll support my team in any fashion I so desire...thank you very much:clap: :clap:

...oh and I almost forgot to complain about myself...well, I'm not perfect but then we don't live in a perfect world. I don't mow my yard often enough, don't change the oil in my vehicle by the date on the sticker (but it does get done), don't clean the house down to the last little speck of dust, don't quite get all my work completed on time, most, but not all...is that enough or do I need to come up with more...I'm sure I can.

I am not a subtle person and if I mean you I will say you. I am talking about all the people that continue to complain about our opponents teams and coaches, the refs, the other teams band, the other teams fans, the other teams field, the lights, the shoes, our coaches, our plays, our announcers and every other excuse possible. Yes things happen, but making excuses just makes the losses easier to take and makes us look bad.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by wharton_tiger_bigstix
I would like to complain about myself also!!!! I don't take showers for weeks during the summers. I annoy the hell out of people when i ride my dirtbikes. I clean my truck more than i clean my room. I slack off in school every once in a while. I sleep in Mrs. Thornton's class every day (she bores me). I love football more than i love my girlfriend. oh wait we aren't together anymore. I spend to much money on stuff i don't need. I joke around to much. But i can't complain about one tiger fan who is always there for any of us on the team and that is Logie Joe.

Okay...that was a funny post!!

Oh..and I nice tribute also!!

whtfbplaya
10-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Not to mention we probably have lost our starting qb with a possible acl tear. He made an outstanding run and was tackled, looked mighty close to being a horsecollar tackle which caused his knee to get twisted. I understand that football is a rough sport, but when ya pick the qb up and slam him on the ground AFTER the ball is no longer in his possession AND no foul is called...that's just not right (this was a play early in the game).

I did not say you, but know that you say it do you remember this?

Now take someone who knows football and look at their opinion of the play.------As for the play Ansley got hurt, nothing dirty at all, he got tackled from the back and his knee just got in a weird position and that was that.

Necked
10-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BU97
As for the play Ansley got hurt, nothing dirty at all, he got tackled from the back and his knee just got in a weird position and that was that.

It was a brutal game. I haven't seen that many hard hits in one game since the Bay City game back in 2002. I can still see Flannel cartwheeling thru the air after two Tigers nailed him in midair on that one pass attempt. I thought for sure he would break something important on that one....

BU97
10-16-2005, 11:45 PM
It was a brutal game. I haven't seen that many hard hits in one game since the Bay City game back in 2002. I can still see Flannel cartwheeling thru the air after two Tigers nailed him in midair on that one pass attempt. I thought for sure he would break something important on that one....

Flannel is one tought sucker! He ALWAYS managed to fall forward even when we had 3 tacklers on him!

neck_06
10-17-2005, 07:33 AM
I understand that football is a rough sport, but when ya pick the qb up and slam him on the ground AFTER the ball is no longer in his possession AND no foul is called...that's just not right (this was a play early in the game).

the play was perfectly legal, it was an option, and the quarterback is fair game if he is running like he has the ball

neck_06
10-17-2005, 07:41 AM

It was a hard-fought ballgame. I got the impression from some WC posters, #9 in particular, that WC thought they were gonna take Wharton to the cleaners.

don't try and call me out because yall lost, my pick was right, and last time i checked yours was still wrong, so please, if you can't say anything nice, SHUT YOUR MOUTH

pancho villa
10-17-2005, 08:06 AM
I have read on here #3 is hurt. I hope he is ok and is able to play the rest of the year, he is a good player, and tough kid.

Johnnypaycheck
10-17-2005, 08:58 AM
that is a tragedy that the QB is out now. He was a helluva player, but I am sure that Wharton will be fine with their backup QB. The backup came into the game and promptly threw a TD pass on his only attempt of the game.

Columbia needs to put this game to bed and start thinking about the 'Dogs across the river now.

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I have read on here #3 is hurt. I hope he is ok and is able to play the rest of the year, he is a good player, and tough kid.

He is out for the rest of the season with a torn acl.

Wharton will be just fine with #11. He's has awesome potential and is only a Sophomore to boot. In the game on Friday night it was only his second or third snap in a varsity game. His last playing time was in the Needville game, right at the end of the game.

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
don't try and call me out because yall lost, my pick was right, and last time i checked yours was still wrong, so please, if you can't say anything nice, SHUT YOUR MOUTH

I sincerely apologize if I offended in anyway, not my intentions at all.

Let's all put this one to rest and get on with the business at hand, you have another game to play this week and we do to, so let's take care of the what's ahead this week.

Unitl next year....

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
I did not say you, but know that you say it do you remember this?

Now take someone who knows football and look at their opinion of the play.------As for the play Ansley got hurt, nothing dirty at all, he got tackled from the back and his knee just got in a weird position and that was that.

I was not talking about the play he got hurt on, this I'm saying to whtfbplaya and bu97.

I was referring to some things going on in the first half, way early on in the game. Before I commit to comments on here, most of the time I get feedback from several of the people who actually played the game and not rely on only my own observations or thoughts.....

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by wharton_tiger_bigstix

Thanks, ALL the Tigers are my heroes!

raider red 2000
10-17-2005, 10:29 AM
I was not talking about the play he got hurt on, this I'm saying to whtfbplaya and bu97.

I was referring to some things going on in the first half, way early on in the game. Before I commit to comments on here, most of the time I get feedback from several of the people who actually played the game and not rely on only my own observations or thoughts.....

i dont mean to sound like a jerk, but if I do than oh well.

why would you post someone else's opinions on here.

in my opinion the game wasnt dirty....kids played hard both sides of the ball.

i would not post everything that you hear on the internet. it isnt good.

there are times in life when we need to keep our traps shut.

sometimes people need to have priorities in life. maybe people should worry about their kids than someone elses kids.

i am just kinda rambling....who knows.

but it was a good game.....all the kids competed hard on both sides of the ball...for both teams.

good luck to the tigers and Necks in the next few weeks.

gato 76
10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Red Raider2000 let me ask you something and if i sound like a jerk oh well,would you have taken pts off,and maybe hope that your defense will shut wc down and give your team another shot at winning this game with a fg/td,remember there 4:00 left in the game.

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
t

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
[

whtfbplaya
10-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Its NOT just opinions when it was some who actually PLAYED the game....

Oh ok, I got it, if you played then whatever you say is fact, it is no longer their opinion.

chugbug
10-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Wharton got what it deserves. I can't believe that the coach took tying points off of the board. That is just plain Stupid! As for the clock not being Wharton"s friend, it is run by the officials to keep local influence out.:eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 11:39 AM

LogieJoeBean001
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM

raider red 2000
10-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Red Raider2000 let me ask you something and if i sound like a jerk oh well,would you have taken pts off,and maybe hope that your defense will shut wc down and give your team another shot at winning this game with a fg/td,remember there 4:00 left in the game.

that is a decision that has to be made by the coaches. If they had made the 2 points then they win the game.

but they didnt so the coach is an idiot???? i dont think so.

earlier this year cuero went for 2 against wharton...had they not gotton it, does that mean that the cuero coach was an idiot.... i dont think so.

also earlier this year BC took off a point and the same thing happened. why second guess the coach???

it dosnt do any good.

if i had a o line and a back that has been successful on goal line situations and need a yard....i would have made the same decision.

it is easy to second guess.

nexfan
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by raider red 2000
[B]that is a decision that has to be made by the coaches. If they had made the 2 points then they win the game.

Who says they win the game? Columbia got the ball down to the 20 just trying to run the clock out. I think even if they made the two point conversion they wouldnt have beaten us. If I was the coach and I was on the road against a good team, I would have tried to get 1.5 yards too.

Necked
10-17-2005, 05:30 PM
I thought it was a crazy move at the time, what with all the time left on the clock. But Wharton was having a hard enough time moving the football with their starting QB (he gained most of their yards), much less having to do it in overtime with a soph QB with almost no varsity experience. So why not try for the win right there, and put the game in your defenses hands with 4 min. to go, rather that a sophomores hands in overtime......

Gobbla2001
10-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I thought it was a crazy move at the time, what with all the time left on the clock. But Wharton was having a hard enough time moving the football with their starting QB (he gained most of their yards), much less having to do it in overtime with a soph QB with almost no varsity experience. So why not try for the win right there, and put the game in your defenses hands with 4 min. to go, rather that a sophomores hands in overtime......

I thought Shelton took over at QB? Isn't he a senior?

Maybe I read wrong, which is nothing new :D

Gobbla2001
10-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

earlier this year cuero went for 2 against wharton...had they not gotton it, does that mean that the cuero coach was an idiot.... i dont think so.

#1 I do not think Roberts' decision was 'too' bad considering that Wharton shouldn't lose another game in district (in my opinion)...

But there's a huge difference, this was a district contest, between Cuero and Wharton it didn't really mean anything but a ranking... this in my opinion was the district championship game...

But I do have some good news, I just saved a bun.... nm

I actually have bad news... Not only did Wharton play Cuero tough this year (as usual), they showed up against West Columbia as well, maybe they've gotten their stuff straight...

But on the situation regarding the clock, WC is losing time as well in that situation...

Nothing out there was stopping Wharton's offense from scoring... except for the Dub-C defense... If Wharton does infact score, I bet you 20 we wouldn't have heard a damned thing about the clock...

Necked
10-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
[B But on the situation regarding the clock, WC is losing time as well in that situation...

Nothing out there was stopping Wharton's offense from scoring... except for the Dub-C defense... If Wharton does infact score, I bet you 20 we wouldn't have heard a damned thing about the clock... [/B]

It was weird, it seemed like there were about 4 long delays in the 4qtr where the players just milled about and the refs kinda looked lost. For example, one happened when Wharton had a forth down at midfield. Wharton kinda broke the huddle, but players were still strung out towards the sideline, the refs were looking at each other kinda puzzled like, and the clock kept running. The play clock runs out, the back judge throws the flag, the refs run back & forth across the field, hold a little conference, then charge Wharton with a timeout.
It seemed to me about 1:00 of clock time was wasted during all of these delays that wasn't put back on the clock. But I don't know, I was in the stands, so the clock may have been right, but it sure looked weird from the stands with no explanations available from the officials....

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-17-2005, 07:26 PM
DUde seriously this game is over with and and big bird just bequiet dude you don't know to much about this game. We have stafford now and they have sweeney just move on

3&2count
10-17-2005, 09:33 PM

LogieJoeBean001
10-19-2005, 05:01 AM

scrub c
10-19-2005, 07:19 AM
for the record, Shelton is a Junior

LogieJoeBean001
10-19-2005, 08:08 AM

neck_06
10-19-2005, 08:30 AM
It was weird, it seemed like there were about 4 long delays in the 4qtr where the players just milled about and the refs kinda looked lost.

they were waiting on the commercials to get finished

Johnnypaycheck
10-19-2005, 09:03 AM
television and radio time outs take too long...

Necked
10-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
they were waiting on the commercials to get finished

LOL!...but the delays were not funny to me. I wanted the game over with because I had to pee really bad!