PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee at Shepherd

expect2win08
10-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Thoughts and opinions on this one are greatly appreciated!

I am gonna take shepherd. I feel their defense is pretty darn good and will help shepherd on its way to the victory! Also, this is the week that shepherds offense will step it up. Go Pirates!!!

AggiesAreWe
10-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Final..... Silsbee 35 Shepherd 27. I heard Silsbee led at the half 35-7. I wonder what happened in the second half?

expect2win08
10-15-2005, 10:28 PM
silsbee ran the opening kickoff for a touchdown, recovered their own fumble that one of the shepherd players fell on but squirted out and scored on the next play, and took an interception to the 1 yd. line and scored next play. In the second half Shepherd pretty much dominated. Defense for shepherd played hard and the offense started clicking. Silsbee may have won but i dont beleive that they were the better team. But hey thats why you play the game.

I feel that shepherd will be able to bounce back though.

Hupernikomen
10-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Ever play counts. Good teams win big games. Shepherd needs a big win under their belt and then I think they might quit making mistakes like they did in this game that cost them so much.

Tiger90
10-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Silsbee jumped out early and dominated the first half. Second half they were obviously complacent and allowed Shepard to chip away and make it look closer than it actually was. Considering Silsbee hasn't played since week 2 it was a good night.

Pirate66
10-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Tiger90
Silsbee jumped out early and dominated the first half. Second half they were obviously complacent and allowed Shepard to chip away and make it look closer than it actually was. Considering Silsbee hasn't played since week 2 it was a good night.

How could it look closer than it was the score board doesn't lie. Im not saying Silsbee didn't play well but the thing is Shepherd didn't and Silsbee only won by one touchdown...

When we get past the mental mistakes and quit beating ourselves we will step up to the next level, and I believe in the second half we proved we can and will compete this year.

Once again nothing taken from Silsbee they played the better game tonight

Split Back Veer
10-16-2005, 03:59 AM
It was 35 to 7 at half and silsbee came out in the second being conservative with there new QB. They got inside the 10 once but block in the back kicked us back to the 20, field goal attempt no good, then again they got inside the 20 no good, then again inside the 30 field goal attempt no good. They had over 250 yards of offense the first half, the new QB and runningbacks proved to be great. In the second half our lead was good enough to just run the ball and keep the clock rollin.

15portsfan
10-16-2005, 12:00 PM
We could have beaten Silsbee if they hadnt scored as much-- We could have beated Silsbee if we had of scored more-- We could have beaten Silsbee if there were 5 quarters-- We could have beaten Silsbee if they had not played and forfeited game-- We could have beaten Silsbee had we played their J.V. team-- We could have beaten Silsbee had we tackled their kickoff return man-- We could have beaten Silsbee had we not thrown interceptions-- Etc. Bottom line, you lost and will lose about 3 more 4-6 here Shepherd comes Best team in years yea right

expect2win08
10-16-2005, 07:29 PM
you want some stats there buddy

silsbee only had 208 total yards and shepherd had 315. Yes silsbee got the victory but shepherd beat themselves. Silsbee scored off two shepherd turnovers(interception return to the 1 and fumble recovery at shepherd 26). Silsbee won the turnover battle and the field position battle. I would hope that an offense can score if they start with the ball on the 1 yard line and the 26 yard line.

Congratulations to Silsbee on getting the win, but the district better watch out because if shepherd plays the way they played in the second half they will have the chance to go 4-1 in district. You can say all you want about silsbee was being conservative but that is stupid considering shepherd closed the gap to two touchdowns early in the fourth quarter. If you are being conservative with a two touchdown lead with a whole quarter to go then that is just stupid.

AggiesAreWe
10-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, if Shepherd does go 4-0 the rest of the way in district, then I'd have to admit that Silsbee may have been fortunate to beat Shepherd. But until that happens( and I'm betting it won't ) we'll just have to say that it was a win for Silsbee and another loss for Shepherd, simple as that.

Pirate66
10-16-2005, 08:25 PM
You know 15portsfan i don't know who you are(but if i had to guess i would say some 10 year old that knows nothing) but you seem to only show yourself when you have some criticizing to do and and its really getting old so why don't you just grow up and mind your own buisness if all you can do is criticize... oh and by the way you miss spelt sports you left off that important s at the beginning

Etexpirate
10-16-2005, 08:35 PM
It's nice to see such good sportsmanship from the Shepherd bunch. Being able to post positive remarks about the competition while also being proud of their efforts and honest about their mistakes show the presence of good character.

Shepherd is a community that has no industry nor influx of urban flight growth. It's a group of kids that are just learning that being a winner is worth working for. The resources and talent have been limited. To see a group of young men showing pride in the development of their program is a good thing...being dismissive and degrading towards them is sad and unecessaary.

This is a school that for the first time just had an athlete verbal and will sign a scholarship with a Div 1 school in 2006. It will set an example that hard work pays off and hopefully will be an incentive to spark the fire that this bunch needs.

I'm proud of our AD and the hard work of his staff...they are working hard to turn our Athletic programs around. Go Pirates...:clap:

Split Back Veer
10-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by expect2win08

silsbee only had 208 total yards and shepherd had 315. Yes silsbee got the victory but shepherd beat themselves. Silsbee scored off two shepherd turnovers(interception return to the 1 and fumble recovery at shepherd 26). Silsbee won the turnover battle and the field position battle. I would hope that an offense can score if they start with the ball on the 1 yard line and the 26 yard line.

Congratulations to Silsbee on getting the win, but the district better watch out because if shepherd plays the way they played in the second half they will have the chance to go 4-1 in district. You can say all you want about silsbee was being conservative but that is stupid considering shepherd closed the gap to two touchdowns early in the fourth quarter. If you are being conservative with a two touchdown lead with a whole quarter to go then that is just stupid.

Plain fact is yall lost so don't dwell on it, and considering we passed once in the second half and ran the rest after having a big lead to begin with, i would say is being conservative with the ball. The better team won

noexcuses09
10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
expect2win08 if the pirates play like they did the other night, by letting the other team jump out to a 28 point lead and then coast through the second half when they could have easily beaten you by about 50, I'm pretty sure you won't win that many games

jet sweep
10-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by expect2win08

Hey stat boy........there is one stat you left out.......Silsbee 35 Shepherd 27. The fact is.....Shepherd lost to a struggling Silsbee team. I don't care how you slice it........it was a tough loss and will most likely have the Pirates sitting at home in November. My hats off to Silsbee for coming out after such a long break and dismal first 3 games and winning game 1 in district.

Tiger90
10-18-2005, 09:14 AM
So we're still on this topic.:hairpunk:

That game is history. Silsbee put together a decent game and coasted. Give Shepard a little credit, they didn't throw in the towel. IMO the key weakness was overall team speed. Silsbee's made the difference the 1st half. At this point all Silsbee has to do is win two more to make the playoffs. Has a team ever only won 3 games and made the playoffs? IF Shepard can have a lucky night and beat K'ville or Jasper they may have a shot, but that will be a tough road to take.

jet sweep
10-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tiger90
So we're still on this topic.:hairpunk:

That game is history. Silsbee put together a decent game and coasted. Give Shepard a little credit, they didn't throw in the towel. IMO the key weakness was overall team speed. Silsbee's made the difference the 1st half. At this point all Silsbee has to do is win two more to make the playoffs. Has a team ever only won 3 games and made the playoffs? IF Shepard can have a lucky night and beat K'ville or Jasper they may have a shot, but that will be a tough road to take.

I remember Ozen went 3-7 one year and made it....i think the first or second year they competed.

j_dog
10-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by jet sweep
I remember Ozen went 3-7 one year and made it....i think the first or second year they competed.
Many teams have won just 3 games and made the playoffs. With 3 teams advancing from each district it is not too hard to do. Jasper did it in their last "losing" season when they went 3-7 in 2000, but the 3 wins were in district. But it didn't do them much good as WOS beat them in bi-district on their way to the 4a state finals.

WOS92
10-19-2005, 07:35 AM
Pirate66 wrote:

miss spelt

That is the greatest thing that ever happened.

Paratrooper
10-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Both these teams really aren't that good this year.