PDA

View Full Version : Astros Win!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Astros win 4-1. Great pitching from Roy Oswalt and Brad Lidge. Last year the Cardinals were swept by Boston, never having the lead in any of those 4 games. This year they never trailed until last night's game. I think this could be the key to the rest of the series. They know that if we have the lead going into the late innings, their chances are very slim of making a come back. "Lights Out" Lidge and Wheeler are a very tough combo!

spiveyrat
10-14-2005, 12:52 PM
How 'bout that stat on Lidge vs the Cardinals in the last two years they mentioned? Going into last night's game, what was it.... 5 hits in 79 at bats??? HOLY COW! :clap: :cheerl: :evilgrin: :thumbsup: :evillaugh :cool: :eek:

spiveyrat
10-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Any word on what happened to that outfielder for St Louis that jumped up for that fly ball and came down horribly? Concussion, perhaps? He seemed a little dazed.

pirate4state
10-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Any word on what happened to that outfielder for St Louis that jumped up for that fly ball and came down horribly? Concussion, perhaps? He seemed a little dazed. I think the "official" word is strained back.

gobbler grad
10-14-2005, 01:25 PM
yes it is a strained lower back...he landed so awkwardly and looked very painful...he should be fine in a couple of days...

spiveyrat
10-14-2005, 01:49 PM
With his head hitting the ground like it did and that dazed look, I figured it was a concussion.