PDA

View Full Version : playoff picture

2futurecard'smom
10-28-2002, 10:30 AM
What does the playoff picture look like at this point for Region 3 District 21? Sorry to look so dumb, but I get very confused this time of year as to how this all works with Div. I and Div. II teams. Can anyone clarify the picture for me? frown

RBARKER
10-28-2002, 11:02 AM
So far it looks like DIV I will be Bridge City VS. Barbers Hill. DIV II will most likly be Liberty VS. Orangefield and Coldsprings VS. ?????.
The third place team in district 21-3A will face Coldsprings, who that will be is still up for grabs at this point. I for one can not wait for the BC/BH matchup that should be a great game!! Seya in three weeks good luck on the remainder of the season.

2futurecard'smom
10-28-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks very much RBARKER! Now the picture is a little clearer! And I too look forward to the BH vs. BC matchup..............it should be a dandy! Who do you have left to play? I believe we play Buna this Friday. And good luck to you and the Eagles and will see ya in three weeks!!!! GO BIG RED!!!!!!! :D

Matthew328
10-28-2002, 11:16 AM
3rd place in 21-3A is the only spot really in question..Hardin looks to have the inside track as they are a game up on Anahuac, Buna and Hardin-Jefferson...beating Anahuac last week was huge for them...Hardin has beaten the 3 teams that are a game behind them..they still need at another win..and this week may be thier best shot because they have Orangefield in Week 10..that loss Hardin had to Kountze may come back to haunt them

RBARKER
10-28-2002, 11:21 AM
We will play Shepard this week and Tarkington the next to finish out the season. Both of these teams will be the last two place teams in our district. BH will be able to use these two games to improve our depth by playing our 2nd and 3rd teams before the playoffs. I'm sure BH and BC will be scouting each other the rest of the year in preperation for the big game. I hope all this weather clears so the two teams can face each other on a dry field. Goodluck against Buna, their team seems to be much inproved this year.

2futurecard'smom
10-28-2002, 11:37 AM
The Hardin vs. Anahuac game was a shocker! And our last game is against Anahuac! Don't think either team (Buna or Anahuac) should be taken lightly! Heard our defense played very well this past Friday so we are building the "Red Brick Wall" getting ready for your Eagles! And I hope this rain goes away soon for everybody's sake. Heard it should be fairly cool this weekend so it will be more like football weather! Thanks for helping me a clearer picture of how things look for the playoffs! Lets hope for good weather and no injuries for the remainder of the season and look forward to the game against ya Eagles! Any idea where that game could be played at this point? Go Big Red!!! :cool:

exbccards76'smom
10-28-2002, 11:48 AM
Never take anyone lightly. It will come back and get ya' in the end. I hope it dries up, too. Last week's game should have been the 1st annual mud bowl. Good luck to BC and BH this week. :D http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

RBARKER
10-28-2002, 11:51 AM
There is no telling where the game could be at this point. I think what will happen is that the BC and BH coach will flip a coin and whoever wins the toss will choose a neutral field. Two years ago when Orangefield won the toss we played at PNG. Last year we won the toss and was going to play in Baytown but somthing happened and we played at Woodville. I dont completely understand how the field is selected maybe someone can clear it up for us.

bccards
10-28-2002, 12:34 PM
What are the chances of Cleveland winning out? They have Splendora and Liberty left. If Cleveland wins out, Liberty's playoffs would be done for, and the Hill would go DII. DOH! Wouldn't that be a shocker.

<small>[ October 28, 2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

2futurecard'smom
10-28-2002, 12:42 PM
OMG!! Now I am confused all over again!!!! How is it decided whether you are Div.I or Div. II? I assumed it was the size of the school but I see that is not right. Oh, boy! Looks like alot could happen in the next three weeks! eek!

RBARKER
10-28-2002, 12:44 PM
I would say the chances are slim and none. Cleveland is a 10 point underdog for both games But any think is posible I guess. That would be nice for BH and BC they would both have easier first round games And BH wouldnt have to worry about a game with Jasper, IF they were to make it that far.

NewMan88
10-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Cleveland does not have to win out, just beat Liberty. So don't ever count anyone out til the whole thing is over.

FBmania
10-28-2002, 01:44 PM
I agree 88, that Liberty/Cleveland game is looming large now. This is fun it makes you keep track of everybody until the last game. Liberty should win but if they struggle in that game Cleveland could slip in. It's amazing to see teams that looked like they were packing it in early, turn it around and make a dog fight out of it.

2futurecard'smom
10-28-2002, 03:04 PM
What determines whether you go to Div. I or Div. II playoffs?

Old Cardinal
10-28-2002, 03:16 PM
To answer the question, "what determines whether you go- Div. I or Div. II?"..........The enrollement figures for each school in the District, is the key. If the largest enrollment school places 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd in the District then they go Division I. If Cleveland were to get that 3th spot in the District-then they would go Division I. Likewise, if they don't (even though BH is 2nd in enrollment, then BH ends up playing Division I instead of Cleveland. Under the UIL pages there is an enrollemnt figure for each team by District. Also, the Dave Campbell football magazine has a listing on page #250. Probably one of the few things you can count on for accuracy in that magazine. Hope this helps!

RBARKER
10-28-2002, 03:18 PM
The largest enrollment school within the top three in district will go DIV I the other two will go DIV II. BH is the second largest school in district 22-3A behind Cleveland.