PDA

View Full Version : Freshman: LH 41, Llano 10

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2005, 11:42 AM
This had the potential to be a shut-out, but a block below the waist call on us with less than 4 minutes to go, led to 1st & 25. Llano's defense held, and there was a botched snap on the punt. Instead of falling on the ball, giving Llano very good position around the 15, the punter kicked the ball into the endzone, giving them 2 pts for the safety. With the kickoff, Llano once again had good field position and made a TD, with 2 pt conversion good. The boys played a good game and the freshman defense is really looking good the last several games, allowing 8, 0 and 10 the last 3. Way to go freshman boys!

On another note, the LH vs Vista Ridge freshman and JV games have been rescheduled for this coming Thursday. We thought that we would have the bye (only varsity plays Bandera), so this was very exciting. I have heard that Ingram cannot field a freshman team, so having 2 more games instead of just one makes me happy. (Also # 55..... ;) )

Dogman_1969
10-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey LH P-Mom,

That must be a special group over in LH. You guys have a good squad every year and looks like it will continue.

Tell them to keep it up.

44INAROW
10-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Cuero Freshman 38 Luling Freshman 6

Cuero JV 48 Luling JV 6

Freshman record - 6-0
JV record 6-0

Good job guys, keep up the good work :)

44INAROW
10-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
This had the potential to be a shut-out, Way to go freshman boys!

On another note, the LH vs Vista Ridge freshman and JV games have been rescheduled for this coming Thursday. We thought that we would have the bye (only varsity plays Bandera), so this was very exciting. I have heard that Ingram cannot field a freshman team, so having 2 more games instead of just one makes me happy. (Also # 55..... ;) )

Way to go LH Freshman, especially #55! Keep it up!

gobbler grad
10-14-2005, 01:31 PM
congrats LH...:clap:

WAY TO GO LITTLE GOBBLERS...:clap: :clap: :D

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2005, 01:27 PM
# 55 taking down a Llano runner last week - from yesterday's local paper. :)

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6742/55vsllano5ai.jpg

44INAROW
10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
# 55 taking down a Llano runner last week - from yesterday's local paper. :)

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6742/55vsllano5ai.jpg

Nice wrap around #55 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
WOO HOO!!!

Go get 'em 55!:clap:

AJ_2005
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
ok ok both cuero and LH have good jv and freshmen squads...good work guys

Bandera YaYa
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
This had the potential to be a shut-out, but a block below the waist call on us with less than 4 minutes to go, led to 1st & 25. Llano's defense held, and there was a botched snap on the punt. Instead of falling on the ball, giving Llano very good position around the 15, the punter kicked the ball into the endzone, giving them 2 pts for the safety. With the kickoff, Llano once again had good field position and made a TD, with 2 pt conversion good. The boys played a good game and the freshman defense is really looking good the last several games, allowing 8, 0 and 10 the last 3. Way to go freshman boys!

On another note, the LH vs Vista Ridge freshman and JV games have been rescheduled for this coming Thursday. We thought that we would have the bye (only varsity plays Bandera), so this was very exciting. I have heard that Ingram cannot field a freshman team, so having 2 more games instead of just one makes me happy. (Also # 55..... ;) ) Yah wanna hear the reason ya'll dont' play Bandera Freshman and JV??....and I think it stinks! Our Jr. High coaches, last year, asked it ya'll would mind if we found a closer team to play.....thinking it's jr. high and a school nite to go all that distance....seeing all the rest of our district is way closer together than us.....so what happens?? Ya'll decided that if we don't want to play the Jr. High games, then we wouldn't be playing the Fresh and JV teams either! When I heard that, I was like OMG!!!! I went by the stadium after work last nite and saw we were way ahead and I thought, wow we are beating LH.....only to discover it was Clark from San Antonio we were playing (which we won, by the way). I was just astounded that was the reason we don't play ya'll.....OR maybe ya'll (the coaches) are just plain skurred!!?? :mad: :foul: :foul:

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Yah wanna hear the reason ya'll dont' play Bandera Freshman and JV??....and I think it stinks! Our Jr. High coaches, last year, asked it ya'll would mind if we found a closer team to play.....thinking it's jr. high and a school nite to go all that distance....seeing all the rest of our district is way closer together than us.....so what happens?? Ya'll decided that if we don't want to play the Jr. High games, then we wouldn't be playing the Fresh and JV teams either! When I heard that, I was like OMG!!!! I went by the stadium after work last nite and saw we were way ahead and I thought, wow we are beating LH.....only to discover it was Clark from San Antonio we were playing (which we won, by the way). I was just astounded that was the reason we don't play ya'll.....OR maybe ya'll (the coaches) are just plain skurred!!?? :mad: :foul: :foul:

Hey....I knew the story. I wasn't trying to upset you, just explain why we didn't have a district game. :)

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by AJ_2005
ok ok both cuero and LH have good jv and freshmen squads...good work guys

:rolleyes: Next time my son has his picture in the paper a week later, I'll start a new thread. :rolleyes:

Dogman
10-21-2005, 06:00 PM
LH P Mom I'm sure happy for you and #55. I guess I didn't realize it before my oldest son started playing last year just how much I would enjoy watching him and his classmates play. It makes the years and memories of my playing days seem so meaningless.........

Tell him to keep up the good work and you keep cheering.......