PDA

View Full Version : Austin Wranglers sign Chance Mock

Buccaneer
09-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Former Texas Longhorns quarterback Chance Mock never dreamed he would play football in Austin again until two weeks ago.

That's when Mock called Austin Wranglers' coach Skip Foster and agreed to become a member of the Arena Football League team.

Mock will be introduced as a Wrangler at a news conference today. The former Woodlands High star has already signed an offer sheet agreeing to a two-year deal, but he will have to wait until Saturday to sign the contract.

PhiI C
09-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Horay!

Bandera YaYa
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
:D :D :D

LCMustang03
09-29-2005, 11:49 AM
he SHOULD be trying out for the houston texans....im starting to get iffy about david carr. besides, chance mock's whole career at texas was a joke, and not bc he was bad. the guy had to play behind chris simms and vince young...and he has all of the tools...strong arm, accuracy, poise, size, etc. he would have shined for any other team, but of course, when u cant get out there bc of simms and young, well then u dont get noticed. i remember commentators always talking about he has the stuff it takes to go pro, but he would have to go under the radar.

neck_06
09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
somebody needs to pick up Major Applewhite, the kid's a PLAYER, could have taken Texas all the way his senior year if some pre-madonna with a good last name(CHRIS SIMMS) hadn't come along

Macarthur
09-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by LCMustang03
he SHOULD be trying out for the houston texans....im starting to get iffy about david carr. besides, chance mock's whole career at texas was a joke, and not bc he was bad. the guy had to play behind chris simms and vince young...and he has all of the tools...strong arm, accuracy, poise, size, etc. he would have shined for any other team, but of course, when u cant get out there bc of simms and young, well then u dont get noticed. i remember commentators always talking about he has the stuff it takes to go pro, but he would have to go under the radar.

I disagree. If he had the tools, he'd be in the NFL now. He had a chance and was not able to stick with anyone. While there are a few cases of guys coming out of obscurity and playing in the NFL, you don't get "overlooked" at a school like UT.

aggiejohn
09-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
somebody needs to pick up Major Applewhite, the kid's a PLAYER, could have taken Texas all the way his senior year if some pre-madonna with a good last name(CHRIS SIMMS) hadn't come along my thoughts exactly

PhiI C
09-29-2005, 02:08 PM
We have to remember that Chris Simms is still with Tampa Bay.

aggiejohn
09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
cause phil got him the job