PDA

View Full Version : One thing diff. for Cuero next season..........

Gobbler Fan
09-29-2005, 07:37 AM
From what I understand , Wharton , La Grange, and West Oso have decided not to continue their series with Cuero after this season .

Anyone have any thoughts on who Coach Reeves should try to schedule ? I vote for teams around the central Texas region or the San Antonio area just so we can make a road trip or two.

gato 76
09-29-2005, 08:02 AM
How about a series with Bay City played in Victoria.I know they played this in the late 80s with Bay City winning both games.Or maybe playing El Campo.

Black_magic
09-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
From what I understand , Wharton , La Grange, and West Oso have decided not to continue their series with Cuero after this season .

Anyone have any thoughts on who Coach Reeves should try to schedule ? I vote for teams around the central Texas region or the San Antonio area just so we can make a road trip or two. North Texas South Texas Classic?? Snyder Vs Cuero somewhere halfway between? :) Howfar is Brownwood from Cuero?

District303aPastPlayer
09-29-2005, 08:46 AM
How about Port Isabel played in Kingsville?

Gobbler Fan
09-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Not sure about the distance between Cuero and Brownwood but a Snyder game would be nice . As far as PI I dont think Stumbaugh wants any part of Cuero right now from what I hear there are rumblings in PI with them starting off 0-3 and getting beat 103-6 in those games ouch .

JMcGee
09-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Forget Snyder. They should play Sweetwater Bwood Wouldnt be a bad place to meet.

Black_magic
09-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by JMcGee
Forget Snyder. They should play Sweetwater Bwood Wouldnt be a bad place to meet. JMcGee, Cuero will want a team that will bring a good team AND a good Gate. That leaves Sweetwater out. remember the room you had vacant on the visitors side In Big Spring Last December?? Snyder had atleast 2000 more there than Sweetwater but Im sure you already know that.;)

raider red 2000
09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
i didnt realize schedules were already out for next year.

some coaches are probably going to see about realignment before completeing their schedule.

as far as brownwood goes....my family lives in lubbock, my wife's in cuero. brady and brownwood are the closest to equal distance. both would be a killer trip.

jason
09-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Black_magic
JMcGee, Cuero will want a team that will bring a good team AND a good Gate. how about burnet, they bring 25,000+ to their games...at least thats whay they say :D ;)

gobblerfan02
09-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by jason
how about burnet, they bring 25,000+ to their games...at least thats whay they say :D ;)

Burnet might be a good slot to fill, but will they fill it is the question?

Gobbler Fan
09-29-2005, 12:03 PM
I wanted this game to take place 2 years ago when Shipley and Mcgee were senior's but we were knocked out in the first round by Wharton . I would like this game to happen now not to bad of a road trip for either team .

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2005, 12:30 PM
coastal bend plz, like calallen, GP(they feel next year they be alot better)or flour bluff.

jason
09-29-2005, 12:41 PM
ive heard rumors that Waco High might possibly be 4A next year, that would be a cool matchup, if yall arent scared to play some big boys...

NOTICE - i personally dont think waco will be 4a - NOTICE

lostaussie
09-29-2005, 01:30 PM
call the buckeyes. we have had several 2 year series in the past few years that have been played at nuetral stadiums.

PhiI C
09-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Fortunate indeed is Cuero to not have to face the wrath of the Howling Bear and also to not have to play in the Den of Bears!

CHS_CG
09-29-2005, 03:03 PM
i dont care who they play as long as it isnt Caldwell.

* sorry caldwell ppl but we have enough problems as it is*:(

Gobbler Fan
09-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Fortunate indeed is Cuero to not have to face the wrath of the Howling Bear and also to not have to play in the Den of Bears!

We own that den Phil it was renamed Home of the A$$ Kickin Chickens II.....West Oso is on a rent to own plan and thought it best to not play the Landlords anymore.

jason
09-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
i dont care who they play as long as it isnt Caldwell.

* sorry caldwell ppl but we have enough problems as it is*:( scared?

id love to see a forney/cuero matchup...its fun seeing your school play new teams....

Old Green
09-29-2005, 03:52 PM
I'd like to see playing teams from other Regions. Gobblers use to do it all the time.As for 4A's i;d like to see them Play Bay City, El Campo again. Maybe GP and CalAllen again also.

highschoolfan78
09-29-2005, 07:01 PM
The bay city matchup would be nice.

here's a list of 3a teams that i think:
Wimberly
Gilmer (nuetral)
Sweetwater(nuetral)
Marlin
Snyder (nuetral)
Abiline Wyle (nuetral)
West Columbia
West Orange Stark (nuetral zone)
Decatur (nuetral zone)
Palestine (nuetral Zone)
Hutto

4a:
Baycity
El campo
Burnett
GP
La Marque
Rockport
Calallen
Del Valley

5a: Victoria Victoria Victoria ( We want it)
SLC :P

and just for laughs: 2a bloomington hahaha

for our freshman

MeanGreenMachine
09-29-2005, 09:29 PM
oops wrong thread :rolleyes:

Gobbler Fan
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM
I like Wimberly , Marlin , WO-S , Id throw in LH also in 3a

4a Bay City , El Campo ,Burnett ,Rockport or Calallen

5a- Bring on Victoria

Gobbla2001
09-29-2005, 10:59 PM
We need to schedule the teams who have beaten us in the State Championship game... all 7 of 'em ha...

Brownwood
Ennis
Dangerfield
Jefferson
Southlake Carroll
Aledo
Abilene Wylie

gobblerfan02
09-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
We need to schedule the teams who have beaten us in the State Championship game... all 7 of 'em ha...

Brownwood
Ennis
Dangerfield
Jefferson
Southlake Carroll
Aledo
Abilene Wylie

Nice gobbla, that's a good idea.

Oh, btw neal, it's NEUTRAL!...not nuetral! :D just thout I'd help out a bit! and give you a hard time too!

highschoolfan78
09-30-2005, 12:43 AM
long day of school with about 4 hours of sleep.. you understand haha..

gobblerfan02
09-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by highschoolfan78
long day of school with about 4 hours of sleep.. you understand haha..

All too well there 78, completely feel ya on that one!