PDA

View Full Version : espn high school football reality show

jason
09-27-2005, 09:57 PM
did anybody watch that show on espn, its a show with dick butkus coaching the team...i thought it was a joke, the game commentary was awful, and it looked like any team from texas would beat the hell out of the team hes coaching...they could have at least picked a crappy team in texas, like whitesboro or something...

3afan2K3
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Atleast they got all that free stuff from RBK

Gobbla2001
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Didn't Butkus have a hunting show once?

Hope he doesn't shoot the kids...

aggiejohn
09-27-2005, 11:32 PM
i hate when they make us look stupid

jason
09-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by aggiejohn
i hate when they make us look stupid the team and show are based in pennsylvania...i guess i should have said that in my original post....

Adidas410s
09-28-2005, 12:16 AM
yeah it would have been hilarious to watch him try and take a team like Whitesboro and get them to the playoffs. Then again, making the playoffs is SO much more about the coaching and the kids buying into the system than it is about the talent on the field..

maroonpirate04
09-28-2005, 01:39 AM
I've watched for the second week in a row I thought its good I really don't like reality shows but I think this one is good I find it really interesting but your right they should've picked a texas school the one team that needs a winning season is Whitney I don't recall them having winning seasons in a long time

Gobbla2001
09-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Ray Crockett is another one of the coaches... It seems they are there for the motivational factor only...

If you'll notice, neither Crockett or Butkus are calling plays, they're just there for the motivating the team...

It was so gay, they brought in a drill seargent... told this thicker guy needed to run 3 miles every morning... the guy looked pretty stout, like a perfect HS lineman or d-lineman... if he runs like that he'll be a punter before the end of the season...

aggiejohn
09-28-2005, 08:03 AM
i don't think he would know what too if he had to coach in texas.....he'd freak out