PDA

View Full Version : My Early, Early State Tourney Picks

Matthew328
01-06-2003, 06:30 PM
My favorite to advance and dark horse teams in parenthesis

Region I
Everman (Canyon, Denver City, Merkel)

Region II
Dallas Madison (Tatum, Chapel Hill, Pittsburg)

Region III
Hempstead (Kountze, Hardin-Jefferson, Mexia)

Region IV
Aransass Pass (Wimberley, CC W Oso)

Chief Woodman
01-06-2003, 06:38 PM
What sport is this for?

District303aPastPlayer
01-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Basketball

Jacket2000
01-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Matt, you are killin' me with all this pumpkinball stuff! Would ya mind takin' this knife outta my back?
J2K

tors2002
01-06-2003, 09:37 PM
It totally baffles me that you don't even mention the Dimmitt Bobcats. I guarantee that they will be there at the end. Every year they get no respect and show up at the State Finals anyway. Look at the history and you will see how strong Castro County Basketball is with Dimmitt and Nazareth in the same county. Shame on you Matthew. :D

Wtx_coach
01-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Matthew328:
My favorite to advance and dark horse teams in parenthesis

Region I
Everman (Canyon, Denver City, Merkel)

Region II
Dallas Madison (Tatum, Chapel Hill, Pittsburg)

Region III
Hempstead (Kountze, Hardin-Jefferson, Mexia)

Region IV
Aransass Pass (Wimberley, CC W Oso)Hey I saw Denver city play at a tournament, they have one damm good player and thats it, they are very well coached but not much talent, I know they wont win region 1

Matthew328
01-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Dimmitt is always a contender...but Region 1 is very deep...Canyon down from 4A is always a contender out of the panhandle..and Everman mving to Region 1 shifts the balance of power...I just don't think anyone in Region 1 can handle Everman's depth and athleticism....Everman runs at people in waves..they have 15 guys all about equal talent and they press and press and press..and when the 5 on the court get tired..5 fresh guys who are just as good come in..

jason
01-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Those look pretty good...especially Everman and Dallas Madison (too bad Madison is in Forney's district) eek!

UHAUL
01-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Denver City's main guy went down with knee injury. District will be strong with them Merkel, Seminole and Sweetwater.

tors2002
01-14-2003, 09:14 AM
Matthew, who has Everman lost to. I noticed they have 5 losses and are still #1 ranked. Once again, District 3-3A is the weakest around and will be bounced by the 2nd round of playoffs. I need to check on Dimmitt, haven't heard much on them this year but their record don't usually look great. They play in alot of big tourneys in Amarillo and Lubbock early in the year. Hopefully Everman and Dimmitt will meet in the Regional Finals. I promise you one thing....Dimmitt would have to pull together JV and Varsity to come up with 15 players. I see them dropping to 2A next go round like Shallowater did.

Matthew328
01-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Everman is 18-5....but remember 4 of the losses came beofre the team was at full strength...the only loss at full strength was to SA Sam Houston who is a Top 10 4A...and Everman was in that til the end...even missing some guys Everman's only losses were to Southlake Carroll who is 17-7 in 5A...and that was by 4...they lost to 16-6 4A FW South Hills by 4...they lost to Burleson by 6 and Burleson is another decent 5A..and they lost to Dallas Jesuit by 6 the day of the state championship football game..Everman has destroyed the only 3A schools that have played them..and most of their competition in non-district was against 4A and 5A schools..

Old Cardinal
01-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Matt: I would think that Kountze, Hardin Jefferson and even Mexia are better than Hempstead. Look at who these three teams have played- and prevailed over.

Matthew328
01-14-2003, 11:48 PM
I dunno...Hempstead has played some really good competition...the 6'9 post kid they have is the real deal...Kountze is somethign of a mystery...they had a poor showing at the Whataburger Tourney losing to FW All Saints...which is a bad private school team..Mexia and Hardin-Jefferson are all playing very well..Hardin-Jefferson got a big win over a very good Hardin squad tonight..

rholl
01-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Everman wins tonight over Kennedale....seemed to be pretty sloppy for both sides. I think final was 76-58