PDA

View Full Version : 3A Down Low Update 9/27

Administrator
09-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi Everyone,
The phone line up here at my location went down in the middle of the Hurricane on Saturday. The storm was a Cat 2 up here where I am with winds blowing about 100mph.. it knocked trees and power out.. I have been without power since Saturday @ 1AM, and still am without power.. It is HOT, but thankfully, a cold front is moving in on Thursday.

The update on 3ADL --- our office building suffered some minor damage, and water did get into our server room. I am going to our office tomorrow (100 miles from here) and folks from our Corporate office are going to move them to Houston. However, they are NOT taking any non critical servers. The power in the section of Beaumont that the server is typically housed will probably be back online sometime late this week or next week. Unfortunately, with the HUGE gas shortage in that area, we will be unable to bring the generator online. My plans are to try to inject the data from this forum into the regular 3ADL board when I am able to do so, but not until I am able to get some high speed internet.

My home fared great, the only damage is the carport is down, but still attached to the house in the front corner. no windows busted, no rising water, no trees down. However, E Round Bunch Road has all high voltage power lines down. I have never seen anything like it in my life.. I have traveled down to Bridge City yesterday and going back tomorrow for some work related stuff. Rest assured, there will be pictures online as soon as I get high speed access. The Bridge City football stadium is standing, but the pressbox on the visitors side is severely damaged, and the main pressbox is gone.. Two light poles fell down that light up the middle of the field. (This is what i'm hearing from a school official, I did not personally see this) School is supposed to be out until November.

The only homes that were severely damaged are those who had trees on the north side of their house.

Anyway, this is the update for now.. I'll try to keep you guys updated!

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks Matt! Glad your house fared well.

aggiejohn
09-27-2005, 09:52 PM
glad to know your okay

sinton66
09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
It is really good to hear from you Matt. Glad you made it okay. We all understand, and we're thankful you had the forethought to set us up on here. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you.

spiveyrat
09-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Matt and Admin are the same person??? :confused:

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Matt and Admin are the same person??? :confused:

Yes, but not to be confused with Matthew (328).

aggiejohn
09-28-2005, 07:58 AM
newbies

spiveyrat
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
OH! Same name, different person... gotcha!

AJ, shutup. Gather up your spatches and go bother someone else, aight? :D

chaingang
09-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Spive how ya doing up there? Are you in Jasper?

SintonFan
09-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the updates Matt! I'm glad your home and area faired better than what it could have been. :)

ap panther fan
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Glad your home had minimal damage. Good luck with getting that back in order as well as the office. Sounds like you are going to be VERY busy.:)

Buy mosquito spray...;)

Jasperdog94
09-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
Spive how ya doing up there? Are you in Jasper? He's far from Jasper. He lives in Kansas.

spiveyrat
09-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks for your concern, chain. JasperDog beat me to the reply. I'm doing MUCH better than my "folks". They are in Jasper literally "roughing it". They have an open invitation to come stay with me til things are a little closer to normal. But they seem determined to stay. They got a generator yesterday, so they're a little better off than they were. They may try to buy a little window A/C unit too.

Administrator
09-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Power was just restored within the past 30 minutes, we just unhooked the generator and are running on normal electricity.. Ahhhhhhhhhh, Air Conditioning!

Went back to BC today, I saw bunches of electric trucks going through and restringing the power lines. Our office building in Beaumont (I estimate) should have power by this weekend. The electric crews were out in full force this afternoon on the street where our office is.. The office did sustain some pretty severe water damage on our floor due to the roof caving in.

We should be back in normal conditions soon!

The UIL says that SETX schools can play 2 games a week until they are back on regular schedule. I did confirm that the two center light posts are MIA and about 99% of the BC Pressbox is gone (Where? I have no idea)..

JMcGee
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Glad to see you got the ac running.