PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Game of the Week (5): Fredericksburg (4a) @ Wharton

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2005, 07:24 PM
After a close loss to Cuero and a win over Freeport, Wharton seems to be gelling. With a loss to Burnet, then a win over San Antonio Lanier, Fredericksburg has had a bye week to get ready. Hopefully our 4a friends will come join in on this one. ;)

Gobbla2001
09-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Voted for them Tigers... damn good team...

BHS#1
09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
voted for wharton. Fredricksburg cant be to good if they lost to Burnet:cool:

scrub c
09-28-2005, 12:14 PM
voted for wharton because they are in our district

Chris Hart
09-28-2005, 02:18 PM
The Billie defense will shut down the Wharton offense. Can Fredericksburg's lack luster offense score on Wharton? That will be the difference. I expect the Billies to win a low scoring game.

raider red 2000
09-28-2005, 02:37 PM
what would give you the idea that wharton's offense will be shut down?

Gobbla2001
09-28-2005, 05:39 PM
I have not seen Fredericksburg's defense play, much less the team, so I cannot say that they will not shut down Wharton's offense...

But Wharton has a pretty good/quick line and tons of skill... Their QB can throw the ball (great on the short passes, accurate as all hell) and is a VERY good runner... They have weapons at receiver (big weapons) and a RB who can pound the ball, very consistant...

They have a very good offense...

It'll be interesting to see the result of this game...

I'm going with the Tigers because I've seen how hungry they are this year, defensively and offensively...

They do not want to be know as 'talent only', they have determination and want to show it...

Chris Hart
09-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
what would give you the idea that wharton's offense will be shut down? Well Fredericksburg is much better defensively this year than last year, and if I remember correctly, they did a pretty good job against Wharton last year. It's just my opinion that the front 7 for the Billies will shut down the Tigers. 'If' the Tigers can somehow buy some time to throw the ball, some big plays can be made. I don't think Wharton will have a problem slowing down Fred., as they only have one play toss/sweep to the wide side, that they run effectively. IMO, it will be a low scoring game, won by the Billies. I hope I'm wrong. Good luck Tigers!:)

neck_06
09-29-2005, 08:25 AM
i picked Fredricksburg just cuz everyone else picked wharton

raider red 2000
09-29-2005, 09:53 AM
neck-

that is a good reason. sometimes going against the norm is good.

i hope you are wrong.

should be a good game.

i think the game will come down to wharton's D against the billies O.

Old Tiger
09-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Wharton

Bandera YaYa
09-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Gotta go with my neighbor....the Billies always play tough....I will never forget the time we played them, the week of the 2001 Twin Towers bombings.....on the field our players were shoulder to shoulder in a blaze of Red, White and Blue....it was awesome.....Anyways...GO RED GO!!! :D ..of course there is also that time when I, a senior at Tivy (Kerrville...yeah I know we're talking ancient here...) and certain homecoming prank against Fredericksburg.....dang that goat was heck to put up with, kept eating everything in site! And yes, it was returned to them....I think.... :confused: :eek: :D

raider red 2000
09-29-2005, 02:42 PM
ya ya

what game you goin to this weeknd?

PMONEY
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM
its gonna be a close game so i dono....ill go w/ fredericksburg with this one