PDA

View Full Version : Region III Game of the Week (5): Marlin @ Graham

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Graham is coming off a very huge, and what had to be emotional, upset of Abilene Wylie. Marlin has had a week off to prepare for this game. Can Graham maintain the level of play from last week or will the Bulldogs have worked out some kinks and take the win?

Steer Fever
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
.....just a feeling that's in the back of mind....
(think Graham could win big...)

just a thought though.....

reasons being:

Marlin Flaws- after watching some film i realize there are some major flaws with their team at times :S..... on their defensive side anyways....

Marlins Ups - One week of studying, offense is looking very well...

Graham's Flaws (improvements) - well ..... just improving and sharpening up and putting some more plays on.... (can't really say thats a flaw b/c then i would be lieng!)

Graham Ups - Coming off of a very emotional win, offense/defense is looking very sharp :)....

Predictions:

Graham 35
Marlin 17

Any thoughts on this one?............

dutchman
09-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I just hope that the Marlin coaches and players can correct these flaws before Friday on the defense.

RMAC
09-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I have little doubt that my guys can win this one, with or without film on Marlin. I really think that they're gonna come out swingin just like last week. It will be different with Sokolosky taking the snaps since Stansell is out, but Derek has 2 varsity starts and plenty of other time playing the entire 4th quarter last week. The boys are already getting pumped up and we'll see who's gonna want it more on Friday night. . .
good luck to both teams and GO STEERS!!!

Jasperdog94
09-28-2005, 10:00 AM
I just don't see Marlin as good this year as everyone had them ranked. After that win last week Graham will either come out firing on all cylinders or may come out flat. That (imho) will be the difference in the game.

dutchman
09-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the support Jasperdog94. I have to admit when I saw the polls all ranking Marlin so high, I had to scratch my head also. But what would you rather have; set the bar very high and fail, or set the bar very low and succeed?

Jasperdog94
09-28-2005, 11:40 AM
There's a big difference between coaches expectations and the polls expectations. Coaches know their teams better than any pollster. Who cares what the polls say. Jasper's 1-3, but I think they are better than that record. Maybe they're not. Hopefully we'll get to see. I just happen to think that Marlin was overrated this year.

dutchman
09-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Not that the Bulldogs need to prove anything, but this game like many others will show where Marlin is this week nothing else. Look for a Bulldog victory.

booyah
09-29-2005, 07:41 AM
One thing is guaranteed.......and that is Marlin will have more team speed than any other team Graham has seen this year........schemes can be practiced, but a QB with 4.3 speed is hard to be simulated during practice time. Should be a great game for all to watch!

Old Tiger
09-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Marlin

PMONEY
09-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Marlin is gonna win this one by 14+