PDA

View Full Version : Alice 40 Tuloso-Midway 27 last night in football

PhiI C
09-27-2005, 10:02 AM
I know it is 4A but Alice Coach Brent Davis (formerly of Sinton) was once a finalist for the T-M job but they chose a 5A Assistant Coach from Corpus instead of a man who had led a 3A team to the State Championship Game. I wonder if they regret their decision or even realize they may have goofed.

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2005, 10:10 AM
i doubt it, you have to be able to sustain talent from transfering 5 minutes down the road before you can win games.

MeanGreenMachine
09-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I know it is 4A but Alice Coach Brent Davis (formerly of Sinton) was once a finalist for the T-M job but they chose a 5A Assistant Coach from Corpus instead of a man who had led a 3A team to the State Championship Game. I wonder if they regret their decision or even realize they may have goofed.

Coach Davis also has a fine Cuero graduate coaching with him - looking for good things to happen in Alice in the next couple of years :)

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MeanGreenMachine
Coach Davis also has a fine Cuero graduate coaching with him - looking for good things to happen in Alice in the next couple of years :)

which Cuero grad are ya talking about. i know that arroyo is HC/AD at Skidmore Tynan... but he was hte only one i knew of on his staff