PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm..... We watched "Crash"....

SintonFan
09-27-2005, 01:23 AM
Not the "mind-bending" movie critics said I would see. A good rent nontheless...

kaorder1999
09-27-2005, 12:07 PM
i hated it.

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2005, 12:07 PM
i thought it was one of the better movies ive seen this year.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Me too....gonna buy it.... :D

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2005, 12:12 PM
did the part in front of the young hispanic guys house mke you cringe a lil.. and jump too?

jason
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Me too....gonna buy it.... :D LOL - i now have to dig chunks of chicken nugget out of my keyboard, thank you....

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
did the part in front of the young hispanic guys house mke you cringe a lil.. and jump too? Yah....just thought the whole movie was right on .....sad but true.......

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jason
LOL - i now have to dig chunks of chicken nugget out of my keyboard, thank you.... :confused: :confused: :D

pirate4state
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
I found myself laughing at alot of the movie. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny, but some of it seemed to be so over the top that I couldn't help but laugh. It also evoked anger and sadness so overall I give it 2 thumbs up! :D

Rabbit'93
09-27-2005, 03:07 PM
never heard of it. what's the premise?

pirate4state
09-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
never heard of it. what's the premise? CRASH (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/)

Buccaneer
09-28-2005, 08:08 AM
It's just black people demeaning other black people, using that word over and over. You ever hear white people callin' each other "honky" all the time? "Hey, honky, how's work?" "Not bad, cracker, we're diversifying!"

Buccaneer
09-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Anthony: Look around! You couldn't find a whiter, safer or better lit part of this city. But this white woman sees two black guys, who look like UCLA students, strolling down the sidewalk and her reaction is blind fear. I mean, look at us! Are we dressed like gangbangers? Do we look threatening? No. Fact, if anybody should be scared, it's us: the only two black faces surrounded by a sea of over-caffeinated white people, patrolled by the triggerhappy LAPD. So, why aren't we scared?
Peter: Because we have guns?
Anthony: You could be right.

SintonFan
09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
lol
My neighbor who could be described as very left-leaning thought the movie was the best he saw all year. I thought it was a good rent.
The movie is summed up in this quote,
"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In LA, nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

big daddy russ
09-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Dumb movie, IMO, but my girlfriend loved it. I guess I've just never seen anything like the stuff portrayed in that movie and thought it did a poor job of driving the point home and a horrible job of making a decent movie. I feel dumber after watching it.

Personally, I thought it was way too over-the-top and a complete waste of $4. But then again, that's just one man's opinion. As you can see, there are plenty of people on here who think it's the best movie of the year.

The movie did have two great parts, though: Sandra Bullock and the old secretary off Spin City. You can't go wrong with those two.

If you want a good flick dealing with issues of racism, rent American History X. Now that's a great movie.

Bandera YaYa
09-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Dumb movie, IMO, but my girlfriend loved it. I guess I've just never seen anything like the stuff portrayed in that movie and thought it did a poor job of driving the point home and a horrible job of making a decent movie. I feel dumber after watching it.

Personally, I thought it was way too over-the-top and a complete waste of $4. But then again, that's just one man's opinion. As you can see, there are plenty of people on here who think it's the best movie of the year.

The movie did have two great parts, though: Sandra Bullock and the old secretary off Spin City. You can't go wrong with those two.

If you want a good flick dealing with issues of racism, rent American History X. Now that's a great movie. Well I didn't say it was the best movie of the year, but yes I intend to purchase it...but then again, I buy alot of movies....hmmmmmmmmm "over the top"...well might seem like that to us living in south Texas....but to those living in LA, they said it was right on......I think we have been a little sheltered from that kind of racism, well at least I know I have.....and thank goodness, I couldn't live like that....i try to give everyone a smile and the benefit of the doubt. :DI also thought it had some really really good actors in it..!! :D I think American History X is way more scarey than this one! :eek:

jason
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Well I didn't say it was the best movie of the year, but yes I intend to purchase it...but then again, I buy alot of movies....hmmmmmmmmm "over the top"...well might seem like that to us living in south Texas....but to those living in LA, they said it was right on......I think we have been a little sheltered from that kind of racism, well at least I know I have.....and thank goodness, I couldn't live like that....i try to give everyone a smile and the benefit of the doubt. :DI also thought it had some really really good actors in it..!! :D I think American History X is way more scarey than this one! :eek: i havent seen 'crash' but theres no way it can be better than 'american history x', my brother wanted me to let him watch that but even I had to be somewhat responsible and not let him....

Buccaneer
09-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Crash had that "Grand Canyon"(the movie) feel! I checked out the writer and director- Paul Haggis but he did not do Grand Canyon. But he was the screenwriter of Million Dollar Baby which probably is considered as the best movie of last year!

If you liked Crash you should like Grand Canyon starring Kevin Kline and Danny Glover!

Bandera YaYa
09-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Crash had that "Grand Canyon"(the movie) feel! I checked out the writer and director- Paul Haggis but he did not do Grand Canyon. But he was the screenwriter of Million Dollar Baby which probably is considered as the best movie of last year!

If you liked Crash you should like Grand Canyon starring Kevin Kline and Danny Glover! now THAT'S a great movie...and yes it did feel the same..... :D

Bandera YaYa
09-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by jason
but even I had to be somewhat responsible and not let him.... Now THAT'S the most scary of all!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :p :D

SintonFan
09-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

lol
I have to admit I had mixed emotions over this movie and that's good for something. 99.9% of the time I watch a movie I either like it, hate it or sometimes go "Ehhh".
I didn't feel dumber for watching it though...:D
I have to admit I hadn't seen more stereotypes in one single picture since the last Mel Brooks' movie I saw.;)

District303aPastPlayer
09-28-2005, 08:54 PM
now American History X... geesh.. that movie is really scary...

big daddy russ
09-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
now American History X... geesh.. that movie is really scary...
Every time I drive through Vidor I think of that movie.